HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemon Law

Long story short. I'm active duty Marine, bought my truck brand new in the state of California. I am now stationed in Georgia. Dodge said they are working with me to lemon law my truck, were getting no where, I have lost all faith in Dodge. I went the attorney route, but we all know the world revolves around money and I'm not coming out of my pocket anymore for this truck. So how does an active duty Marine go through the lemon law process being I'm not in Cali anymore?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I don't know where you turn once you opt in the Attorney....hopefully someone will be able to chime in with pearls of wisdom.

Best of luck and Thank You for your Service
Old 07-06-2011, 11:29 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Same here! Thanks. Since you are in the service you can't throw the same "fit" that somebody who is not can. Reason I mention it is before our Dodge dealer in Kenai closed, a friend of ours was pursuing a lemon law case. He finally carefully documented all of the steps he had taken, condensed it into as brief of a summary as possible and went to the TV station, not our local but the bigger one out of Anchorage. He managed to talk with a reporter. The reporter started researching it and "coincidentally" Dodge settled with him a few days later. You are probably not in a position to stick your neck out contacting civ reporters but perhaps your wife (if you are married) or a friend or family member on your behalf could. Anyway, its a long shot and maybe not the best idea but I cant think of anything else.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I don't know where you turn once you opt in the Attorney....hopefully someone will be able to chime in with pearls of wisdom.

Best of luck and Thank You for your Service
Originally Posted by Bark
Same here! Thanks. Since you are in the service you can't throw the same "fit" that somebody who is not can. Reason I mention it is before our Dodge dealer in Kenai closed, a friend of ours was pursuing a lemon law case. He finally carefully documented all of the steps he had taken, condensed it into as brief of a summary as possible and went to the TV station, not our local but the bigger one out of Anchorage. He managed to talk with a reporter. The reporter started researching it and "coincidentally" Dodge settled with him a few days later. You are probably not in a position to stick your neck out contacting civ reporters but perhaps your wife (if you are married) or a friend or family member on your behalf could. Anyway, its a long shot and maybe not the best idea but I cant think of anything else.
Not sure about Bark, but Lary and I are Ex-Army. I may be older than him (That's not possible!). . . Either way. . Thank you for serving. VNV Lary is a CWV. (Civil War Vet LOL)

I am curious what problems you are having.
How long has this been going on?

I had a real problem child in an 07.5. But instead of exicuting the lemon law, I opted to have them do a buy back, which the dealer handled. It took about 2 months to complete. The dealer was even paid to move over all my options. It cost me 1200 because I chose a replacement truck with more options. Other than that zero.

The dealer you are working with has an incentive to do this too. He makes money on the deal. If you buy a lower optioned replacement, you get money back.

Talk to your CO and let him know what the situation is. Ask him what the reporcussions are if you start to pull out the big guns.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:44 PM

Sorry. . . I just read your Mod list

Some of them may be working against you. Sorry

How many miles on it?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Polarco, I would say it can't be his 2006 listed, the timeframe would be wrong.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
each state has its own lemon law requirements. you will have to go visit the JAG and get their advice since you are active duty (thanks for your service) and get guidence as to what you can do. a civilian lawyer can also help but being active duty and not having control of where uncle sugar sends you, there may be other stipulations. if it is your 06 you are talking about, i don't think you have grounds for lemon law because of the age
Old 07-07-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by patdaly
Polarco, I would say it can't be his 2006 listed, the timeframe would be wrong.
I dunno! Not enough info to start with. But it will probably give us some info to work with. . . . .
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM

Heres what I did and it worked but did take some time. Now mind you, you only qualify for lemon law if meet these requirements, the vehicle is no older then 24 months or 24k miles from original date of purchase but can very per case, thats the law. But this still may help.
So here it is. Contact the BBB auto line. there is no cost to you but your time and postage. I had a 02 GMC that was in the shop more then not. My truck was just over 2 1/2 years old and 28k on it. Once you contact them and give them what the ask for, they contact the manufacture as your rep. GM called me the next day after they received the call from BBB. After lots of back and forth negotiation I walked away with an 04 GMC new for same cost as 02. Not saying it will be the same outcome but I would advise to check in to it. Can't hurt
Old 07-07-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Polaraco
Sorry. . . I just read your Mod list

Some of them may be working against you. Sorry

How many miles on it?
62180 Miles
Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 PM

Yeah it is the 2006 and been dealing with Dodge since 2007 about this thing, why I gave up on Dodge. Attorney said out of the big 3 dodge has the worst reputation about stringing you out so you give up. Plus all the high op tempo rate when I was not in country to continue to pursue. If they don't have statutes about lemon law for military and because vehicle is to old, which attorney has told me differently, this will be my first and last Dodge. It's pretty sad, that I have counted the number of Marines who personally came to me and said "I'm not buying a dodge, cause of all the problems you've had and the way dodge has treated you." (Total 13) OOH RAH Dodge, way to go!!! Truck only has 62180 miles on it. If thats the way a corporation treats its service members, I will and do not support them.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:14 PM

unfortunately all have a vehicle that is junk that's the way it goes. But I know 2 friends that delt with Ford and I tell what, absolute horror stories. BBB made it easier to take as a case from them is public knowledge against manufacture. These days it's always the 3 D's deny, deny, deny no matter who makes it. Like I said prior 4 months of negotiating with GM and it got ugly but I didn't back down. Still be a GM owner if the dealer would work with me when I bought my 06. So now Ram guy but would go back to GM even though had a bad one.
Good luck and thanks for your service
Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by carpenterje
Yeah it is the 2006 and been dealing with Dodge since 2007 about this thing, why I gave up on Dodge. Attorney said out of the big 3 dodge has the worst reputation about stringing you out so you give up. Plus all the high op tempo rate when I was not in country to continue to pursue. If they don't have statutes about lemon law for military and because vehicle is to old, which attorney has told me differently, this will be my first and last Dodge. It's pretty sad, that I have counted the number of Marines who personally came to me and said "I'm not buying a dodge, cause of all the problems you've had and the way dodge has treated you." (Total 13) OOH RAH Dodge, way to go!!! Truck only has 62180 miles on it. If thats the way a corporation treats its service members, I will and do not support them.
Yeah OK. . .

What's wrong with it that you are enacting the lemon law?
Old 07-12-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Polaraco
Yeah OK. . .

What's wrong with it that you are enacting the lemon law?
What's wrong with it is Dodge HQ is worthless and won't admit its got problems, their Polaraco! Assy in Mexico truck. Do a research on Dodge it's pretty sad, not starting a war, but an apple is an apple.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
all he did was ask what was wrong with it for you to claim lemon law on it and you reply with "assy in mexico truck" thats your answer to his question? like you said, not trying to start a war but if your reasoning is made in mexico, you don't have a leg to stand on

Quick Reply: Lemon Law