HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

HVAC help PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HVAC help PLEASE!!!

Thanks for all the posts on here re these preciously valuable door issues. In a nut shell, last year had the recirc door and control head replaced; lasted about 3 months. I get air coming out the front vents and some to the floor with the contol placed to face vents only; try and using the control to move the air to another location and it may work, or it may not. Took it to the dealer last week and they replaced the recirc motor and blend motor. Picked it up and had air only coming from the front face vents, better flow since some of it was not being lost to the floor; I tried to move the air to other locations and it would not work; went back inside (never left the dealer) and was told I need another control head; got the part in Monday and took it back, put it in and no change. The tech came out with the magic black box, plugged it into the port under the dash and could control the air movement from the magic black box; what the heck??? Now, they have gone back into the dash and cannot figure it out. I'm on day 3 without my truck and they're scratching their heads. Anybody got any info or assistance, I'm getting tired of driving the wife's minivan and really miss my man wagon. Thanks, Paul
Old 06-11-2009, 12:12 PM

Sounds like "brain damage" or "nerve damage". These vehicles have become SOOOOO complex that you practically have to be a neurologist to figure 'em out!

Anybody for goin' back to sliders and cables?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:44 PM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by jpfishmaster
The tech came out with the magic black box, plugged it into the port under the dash and could control the air movement from the magic black box; what the heck???
They were working on the wrong doors (recirc and blend). They should be working on the Mode door. It is interesting they can control it and your head can't. I wonder if it is a low voltage issue or bad connection where the control head wires go into the plug.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by gadget.35-06
Sounds like "brain damage" or "nerve damage".
Probably Dain Bramage.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:59 PM

Latest update from dealer is they are contacting Chrysler on this. I'm so sick I could puke
Old 06-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Did they read this TSB?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:36 AM

They say they have, but thanks. Would my Smarty JR have anything in the world to do with any problems ?(highly doubtable) but thought I 'd ask; thanks, Paul