HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

electrical mystery

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
electrical mystery

truck that is in my info, no power at the load side of the fuse which relay number and where is it for the right hand trailer turn and brake ...wife is almost in tears we are supposed to be camping. fuse is good just no power to the load side and the owners manual and fuse and relay center dont show where they are either does any other info I can look up.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if it applies to your truck, but on newer ones the turn signals are controlled by the power distribution "computer", and if there is a fault in the trailer wiring, it can disable something in there that only the dealer can reset (or maybe you have to buy a new box).
Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhook the trailer and see if the power shows up on the load side of that fuse.
If yes, you have a trailer wiring problem, likely a bad ground or another wire cut/rubbed through and feeding back through another circuit. Been there.
I'm not sure what you mean by not having power on the load side. If you have power on one side you have power on the other, unless the fuse is blown. If you have a situation like I described above, where the current is being fed back through a different circuit a test light to either side of the fuse will light up dimly or so little that you cannot tell it's lit.
My 20ft flat bed had a wire that got cut and somehow got bent back into a junction where other connections were exposed and if fed all the lights back through the turn signals. No matter which direction I signaled all the lights blinked dimly, and brakes pedal turned off all lights.

Chris