HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Dead in the hwy

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead in the hwy

Our truck died in the slow uphill lane on Hwy 1A in Ellsworth, ME last night and was towed to a dealership. Last week one day it missed for about 10 seconds then ran fine the rest of the week. Yesterday it missed once going downhill, then died completely going uphill in 5th gear and wouldn't restart. I read on Blue Chip Diesel that it's most likely the injector pump since he says a trucks lack of driveability is usually not caused by the APPS or the lift pump. If it is the injector pump, I would like to install one from Blue Chip diesel since they have upgraded the computer but I'm sure that I'm stuck with a rebuilt OEM since it's being worked on at a Dodge dealership and that's my only choice (I'm traveling and towing). See signature for truck details. Any suggestions?
Old 07-25-2017, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by montemorris
Our truck died in the slow uphill lane on Hwy 1A in Ellsworth, ME last night and was towed to a dealership. Last week one day it missed for about 10 seconds then ran fine the rest of the week. Yesterday it missed once going downhill, then died completely going uphill in 5th gear and wouldn't restart. I read on Blue Chip Diesel that it's most likely the injector pump since he says a trucks lack of driveability is usually not caused by the APPS or the lift pump. If it is the injector pump, I would like to install one from Blue Chip diesel since they have upgraded the computer but I'm sure that I'm stuck with a rebuilt OEM since it's being worked on at a Dodge dealership and that's my only choice (I'm traveling and towing). See signature for truck details. Any suggestions?
When my buddy had his Dodge dealership, they would put on what the customer wanted, especially in the event of a premium ( to OEM ) part. It cost the customer a bit more to cover the lost markup on the factory part, but most didn't care if they got what they wanted.

You might inquire, especially if it is a smaller dealership, lots of times they are more accommodating.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead in the hwy

I talked with the Dodge dealer about installing non OEM parts at the dealership and they said they would install whatever the customer wants! I also showed him the fuel system diagnostics printout from Blue Chip diesel and the service manager thanked me for them; said that his mechanics could use the help on these OLD trucks, since most were not very familiar with them and just installed parts the codes told them to.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by montemorris
I talked with the Dodge dealer about installing non OEM parts at the dealership and they said they would install whatever the customer wants! I also showed him the fuel system diagnostics printout from Blue Chip diesel and the service manager thanked me for them; said that his mechanics could use the help on these OLD trucks, since most were not very familiar with them and just installed parts the codes told them to.
COOL! A lot of Dealers, especially away from the urban ratholes are way better than we give them credit for. Just for grins, when you get it back, give us a quick synopsis of your experience with the dealership, good ones need to be recognized.