General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Very Disappointed in FASS Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My FASS 150/95 is still going strong pushing 4 years, I guess. But, I was unlucky and received one of their noisy units, although I didn't know this until it was already on. I paid someone to install it and I was kind p'od that FASS told me to take it off and send it in for an upgrade. Sounds kinda like a whiney 1930's car horn.

And then ofcourse there's the issue of running out of fuel at 1/4 tank. Been that way the whole time, and noisy.

What really gets me about FASS is that they don't want you calling them. They don't list their phone number on their website at all. Luckily, while looking up under the truck at the unit, lo and behold, a decal on the FASS had their phone printed. They acted surprised when I called, like - normally customers go through the dealers.

If I need another pump for a new truck, I'll be going with Airdog.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:53 PM
dv8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Add me

Add me to the list of people who have been stiffed by FASS. I dont see them being around much longer, I dont think they understand what word of mouth is. so much for the DDRP they offer... GO AIRDOG
The following users liked this post:
Lane440 (02-13-2024)
Old 02-14-2010, 01:08 AM

I had a FASS 95 on my 2003. In less then a year it was grinding and blowing fuses. So I shipped it off down south, but not without a little bit of hassle having to contact the dealer where it was bought to get a RO, where it was bought and were I lived are about 1700kms apart. So phone tag was the name of the day.
When I contacted FASS I told them the pump was getting sent with or without a RO. They informed me that it had to have a RO before they could accept it and I would have to send it to the dealer and they would have to ship it to them. I really was not happy, I told FASS that the pump would be shipped to them first thing in the morning with or with out the RO.
The selling dealer called me back and had a RO for me the next day, he was even scratching his head about the situation.
(I was just getting ready for my hunting trip when the pump died) I was not looking forward to fixing this problem. The never again have to replace your pump, hassle free!!!!!!

If I had of installed the FASS as per the instructions I would have been down almost three weeks with out a fuel pump, after my hunting rip would have been $400 day lost for a week straight from no vehicle to go to work with due to no fuel pump. Instead of hacking the OEM pump wires at the tank I left them alone (as a back up) I also left the fuel lines alone from and to the tank. Usinge a draw straw for the FASS and then capping the OEM line I was able to hook the old pump up and run no problem.

After my long boring post, bottom line is Warrenty sucks, better to have a bad warrenty and never need it then have a good warrenty and need it. If you have both a bad warrenty and a bad part then hopefully you have a plan "B".

I will never recommend nor purchase a high end after market fuel pump.

On a note all that was wrong with the stock pump was the fuel inlet screen in the tank was plugged with small metal filings and chunks of rubber more then likely from when the old pump failed and the dealership changed it. (good thing they did the recommended fuel system cleaning).

Good luck dealing with them, it is easier to buy the parts themselves and rebuild your pump then it is to send it away and wait a week or more for it to come back under warrenty. My FASS now sits in my shed where it belongs holding down the paperwork.
Lane440 (02-13-2024)
Old 02-14-2010, 07:51 AM

I'm really disappointed to be reading all of these unsatisfied reviews from folks regarding a product that SHOULD be backed by its manufacturer. They either need to warrant their product like they claim that they will, or just ditch their warranty all together, which is going to lose them just as many or more customers as pulling the crap that I have been reading about in this thread.

On a side note, whenever something pertinent, such as warranties, contracts, written agreements, notices, , billing statements, etc come time to be mailed off, I personally send ALL of those certified mail so that somebody on the receiving end MUST sign for it to receive it.

Once you get the "receipt of receipt" back from the post office, there is no "Oh, we didn't receive your warranty card" crap argument that anybody can give you.

I know that certified mail isn't going to help anybody who has already been screwed over, and I feel for them, but just for future reference, that is my recommendation.
Lane440 (02-13-2024)
Old 02-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glacier Diesel folks, mechanical pump. How many old cars from the 70's with the mechanical pump ever really needed a fuel pump? If it did it was because the car was 20 years old and any rubber inside was rotten. Been researching Glacier's product and reading reviews, thing sounds rock solid plus you keep your existing pump in place so if something should happen, you can still drive.

I should be a rep for those guys! Just saving my pennies til I can afford one!
Old 02-14-2010, 02:25 PM

You guys are fooling yourself if you think AirDog is any better! Go to cummins forum & do a search for AirDog! It's the same family, they don't get along but it's still father & son.
Lane440 (02-13-2024)
Old 02-14-2010, 05:30 PM

Problem with these larger electricle pumps is they are not really up to the task of start and go driving. They work well when used at a constant speed and load. Not up and down like most people use their trucks.

Not to knock anyone product but it seems like product quailty has come down and warrenty work has gone up. Which results in poor return policys.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ramlovingvet
Has anyone gotten any satisfaction from FASS since this post?
After all this time, fighting with FASS, sending in my old unit, they decided it was under warranty after all, and they replaced it free.

However, life is just too **** short to be fighting a battle over a warranty they should have honored to begin with. I stand by my position that FASS is still junk, and so is the company. How do I get back the 8 months it took of e-mails, letter writing, talking to interastate warranty attorneys, ect?

Next time I go Walbro or Ford.
Lane440 (02-13-2024)
Old 04-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DPP's treatment you was not right. However saying FASS is Junk is a bunch of bunk.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:31 AM

I know of to many FASS pumps that have failed or had marginal performance to say they are great pumps. But like everything out there you have good and you have bad.

I will say that having a better dealer network to deal with Warrenty issues North of the border would be a good thing for the company. By the time I shipped my FASS south and then got it shipped back north it cost me almost pretty close to half the cost of a new pump.

I can say that Rob over on Diesel Ram was going to send me a pump to replace the one I had to get me up and going. That was just him standing behind what he believes in for customer service. Even though I did not purchase the pump through him. He wanted to get me back up and running asasp.

I can't say the same thing for FASS but you only get burnt once and you choose wisely where you spend your money afterwards.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rob is definitely has a large since of integrity. He stands behind his products and work. Great guy.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well... this is 7 years after the last post.... I have been trying to contact FASS all day for a warranty issue... keep getting cycled back into the phone Que with more people in front of me than when I started.... and after reading all the posts... I'm less happy than when I started.... my pump has been running for 8 YEARS... but I may just stay with the pump I got from Orielys to get me home.... it holds the PSI pretty much at 15..... and I can just go into the store when I need a new one....
Lane440 (02-13-2024)
Old 11-13-2017, 06:08 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I'll keep my stocker and refuel @ 1/4 tank for cooling.
It's the pump I read least about.
Mine's going on nine years with triple filtration for the last two years.
That being said my friend's very happy with his FASS.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Danderson
I'll keep my stocker and refuel @ 1/4 tank for cooling.
It's the pump I read least about.
As long as you have a pressure gauge I guess it doesn't really matter much which pump you have.... at the time I bought my FASS it appeared to be the rest replacement for a stock pump and I have LOVED mine for the 8 years it has been on the truck... Don't think a stock pump would have lasted near as long.... Got in touch with Genos this morning... they are going to remediate for me, fingers crossed.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Geico266
I have a "99" CTD I bought new with 3 miles on it, now it has 264K miles. I have every receipt, every invoice, and every service order. I know what is under warranty and what is not. I know this truck and the parts in it. I take great pride in what I choose to go on my truck.

In a group buy in January of 2006 I bought a HVLP-95 from Ken's Performance Products along with about 30 other if I remember right. FASS had just come out with the HVLP 95 & 150 GPH pumps as a replacement for the stock lift pump, and I was one of their BIGGEST supporters. So far I have had no issues with it and life was good.

I started noticing it getting louder & louder to the point that passengers would comment on it. Several of you have had your HVLP upgraded to the quieter model. When I called FASS today I was told to check the weep hole for signs of fuel, and to listen for any grinding sounds indicating a bearing going bad. Sure enough there was some seepage where there is suppose to be none, and the pump motor is sounding rough.

No problem according to what I've read. Simple call FASS and they will send you another pump, charge a core charge and reimburse you when they get the old one back and they confirm serial numbers. Seemed fair to me.

Well... not so much. Seems they did not receive the warranty card I mailed in. I know I mailed it, I wrote it on the original receipt when I did, and several of us posted the need to mail the warranty card within 30 days. Now, even though FASS knows this pump was built on January 15th, 2006 they will NOT honor the warranty.

How can the pump be older than 4 years when the serial number proves it is 3 years old?

I was one of their biggest and most vocal supporters of their new pump during the Walbro Wars. I must have posted 500 times about how great it is to have a pump with a 500,000 mile 4 year warranty. Well, the FASS warranty ain't worth spit.

FASS can kiss my "lift pump"!

It's not the money, I'm not trying to get something for free, If FASS wants to replace it now after I post this forget it! I only deal with companies and men who stand behind their products and their word. FASS no longer rates going on my truck.
They tried to play that game with me, I bought from Genos and threw holy hell at FASS and Genos.....FASS finally found my warranty paperwork at the bottom of a stack of paperwork....it had been there for something like 9 years....you believe that, right???
Lane440 (02-13-2024)

Quick Reply: Very Disappointed in FASS Warranty