Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   Very Disappointed in FASS Warranty (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/very-disappointed-fass-warranty-250790/)

Geico266 08-25-2009 09:00 PM

Very Disappointed in FASS Warranty

I have a "99" CTD I bought new with 3 miles on it, now it has 264K miles. I have every receipt, every invoice, and every service order. I know what is under warranty and what is not. I know this truck and the parts in it. I take great pride in what I choose to go on my truck.

In a group buy in January of 2006 I bought a HVLP-95 from Ken's Performance Products along with about 30 other if I remember right. FASS had just come out with the HVLP 95 & 150 GPH pumps as a replacement for the stock lift pump, and I was one of their BIGGEST supporters. So far I have had no issues with it and life was good.

I started noticing it getting louder & louder to the point that passengers would comment on it. Several of you have had your HVLP upgraded to the quieter model. When I called FASS today I was told to check the weep hole for signs of fuel, and to listen for any grinding sounds indicating a bearing going bad. Sure enough there was some seepage where there is suppose to be none, and the pump motor is sounding rough.

No problem according to what I've read. Simple call FASS and they will send you another pump, charge a core charge and reimburse you when they get the old one back and they confirm serial numbers. Seemed fair to me.

Well... not so much. Seems they did not receive the warranty card I mailed in. I know I mailed it, I wrote it on the original receipt when I did, and several of us posted the need to mail the warranty card within 30 days. Now, even though FASS knows this pump was built on January 15th, 2006 they will NOT honor the warranty.

How can the pump be older than 4 years when the serial number proves it is 3 years old? [dummy]

I was one of their biggest and most vocal supporters of their new pump during the Walbro Wars. I must have posted 500 times about how great it is to have a pump with a 500,000 mile 4 year warranty. Well, the FASS warranty ain't worth spit.[verymad]

[director]FASS can kiss my "lift pump"! [laugh]

It's not the money, I'm not trying to get something for free, If FASS wants to replace it now after I post this forget it! I only deal with companies and men who stand behind their products and their word. FASS no longer rates going on my truck.

annabelle 08-25-2009 09:13 PM

Not my experience. I too bought a 95 from Kenny. It has been upgraded and they have bent over backwards for me.

Geico266 08-26-2009 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by annabelle (Post 2561095)
Not my experience. I too bought a 95 from Kenny. It has been upgraded and they have bent over backwards for me.

Ken tried to get FASS to honor the warranty. No luck. I'm not blaming Ken, he is the dealer. FASS is the problem here, they will not honor their warranty.

annabelle 08-26-2009 07:32 AM

Kenny is a great guy.....but FASS has also been great working with me.....sorry about your experience........might try contacting Diesel Dan.....another great person to work with.

high bid 08-26-2009 08:18 AM

Sorry, to hear about your experience. I'm sure your message will be heard loud and clear amongst the ctd community. I see your VP failed as noted in your sig....was this due to the lack of fuel psi from the FASS? I agree w/your points 100%..hope all works out for you. If not, you can buy 3 or 4 holley blue pumps for the price of one FASS....just an option.

TexasCTD 08-26-2009 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by annabelle (Post 2561352)
.................might try contacting Diesel Dan.....another great person to work with.

Dan is no longer with FASS and asks to no longer be contacted about their problems.

Geico266 08-26-2009 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by high bid (Post 2561385)
I see your VP failed as noted in your sig....was this due to the lack of fuel psi from the FASS?

I don't think it is related because the VP44 had 265K miles on it. I'm still seeing 16.5 PSI, 15 PSI WOT.

Geico266 08-26-2009 07:55 PM

Ya know, the more I think about this the madder I get. [verymad]

A warranty card is to register the original buyer to the serial number. If there is a product recall FASS can contact the original owner. I know I sent the card in, but FASS has no procedure confirming that anyone sent a warranty card in. How do you prove you mailed it in?

I have the ORIGINAL sales receipt and FASS refuses to honor their warranty on a pump I bought that is less than 4 years old. Amazing, Shameful, Disgraceful, Dishonest!

[yuk]

bnold 08-26-2009 08:11 PM

Yup too bad... their warranty card is crap anyways.. Just warrant the pump.. It has a serial number to tell you how old it is..

If airdog was around when I got my FASS I probably would have gone that route... Same pump lifetime warranty and $200 less (maybe you have to turn a stupid card for it too??)

Geico266 08-26-2009 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by bnold (Post 2561815)
If airdog was around when I got my FASS I probably would have gone that route... Same pump lifetime warranty and $200 less (maybe you have to turn a stupid card for it too??)

Yep! You have to have turned in a card for Air Dog to have the warranty in effect. No warranty card, no warranty. Nice little scam huh?

If you have a FASS or an Air Dog call and HAVE THEM CONFIRM TO YOU IN WRITING they received the warranty card and your unit is under warranty.

annabelle 08-26-2009 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD (Post 2561526)
Dan is no longer with FASS and asks to no longer be contacted about their problems.

Thanks.........I wont bug him in the future......he was great to deal with.......I agree though.......screw the warranty card.....stand behind your product.

trik396 08-27-2009 09:42 PM

and my $99 Walbro is still pumping away and if it somehow stops, I have another $99 one in my glovebox ready to go. I was involved in those old Walbro vs Fass threads.

TexasCTD 08-28-2009 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by trik396 (Post 2562672)
and my $99 Walbro is still pumping away and if it somehow stops, I have another $99 one in my glovebox ready to go. I was involved in those old Walbro vs Fass threads.

Dan is a friend of mine and had already started working for FASS when I decided to upgrade. I felt guilty going with the Walbro at the time and contacted Dan in advance and told him about my decision after reading those threads. He tried to convince me the FASS was better but had no hard feelings about it either way. Some other friends had the FASS and they were loud and just didn't sound right to me, so Walbro it was.

I don't regret my decision at all....regarding getting the Walbro. Quiet, very effective pump. I do need to buy a spare like you to keep under the back seat just in case.

annabelle 08-28-2009 04:12 AM

I don't regret my decision at all....regarding getting the Walbro. Quiet, very effective pump. I do need to buy a spare like you to keep under the back seat just in case.

Can it put out the same volume of fuel as the FASS ?(just curious)

TexasCTD 08-28-2009 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by annabelle (Post 2562862)

Can it put out the same volume of fuel as the FASS ?(just curious)

Annabelle, honestly I don't know the answer to that question. I know it puts out more than my truck can use....and holds fuel pressure at around 18-20 psi. At WOT it may pull it down 2-3 psi or so. You can't hear it run....but I can feel the vibration through the truck frame when I stand on my ranch hand side step.

If I get a modified CP3 and bigger injectors, who knows...I may need a little more fuel flow.......but I doubt it.