General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Truck Is Paid Off

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Is Paid Off

so my 22nd birthday is coming up this sunday, and i though it would be nice to pay off my truck as a gift to myself. so i have been saving everything i could get for a couple months now and i am sending the check off this week! it's nice to finally own it. now if i can just save up enough for a tranny!
Old 02-19-2007, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats.... It does feel good not having another bill to pay...
Old 02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Nice. I bout got the wife's 03 paid off, still a few bills left on mine...

Congrats!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned

Good for you!!! It's a good feeling when you can do that at your age. Just make sure to save the equivalent amount of what your monthly payment was... that way when you go to buy another one you can pay cash up front and not spend a ludicrous amount of money by borrowing.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:04 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know that feeling I have had these two stinkin credit cards floating around that I have never been able to pay off because of lack of money and needin to get buy and I am finally goin to give them both a lead pill this next week to the tune of 2 grand of debt gone now I gotta start working to pay off the loan for the stinking tranny thats in a truck i dont own any more
Old 02-19-2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
I know that feeling I have had these two stinkin credit cards floating around that I have never been able to pay off because of lack of money and needin to get buy and I am finally goin to give them both a lead pill this next week to the tune of 2 grand of debt gone now I gotta start working to pay off the loan for the stinking tranny thats in a truck i dont own any more
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:29 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats not evenin the icing on the cake I am what they call up side down all because of a carreer change I thought was goin to be a good one and make more money only to find out they lied about my pay I am making about 1.25 an hour less and only getting about 67ish hours for two weeks
Old 02-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Administrator

I bought out of my lease at the beginning of the year, that felt pretty good.

I never planned on turning it in at the end or selling it, but when I got it that was the only way I could afford the payment.

It's more mine now than it was, but still not all mine yet.

phox
Old 02-19-2007, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
Thats not evenin the icing on the cake I am what they call up side down all because of a carreer change I thought was goin to be a good one and make more money only to find out they lied about my pay I am making about 1.25 an hour less and only getting about 67ish hours for two weeks
Boy, I know that feeling! I took a job last April that was supposed to be more money and the same hours I worked before, plus a pretty decent relocation package. Well, the campaign promises haven't come true! I am working way more hours and haven't been able to sell my house! I now am losing big money, working alot more, plus having to pay rent on top of my mortgage. All because I was lured by more money. "...the grass is always greener..."
Old 02-19-2007, 08:14 PM

there are alot of people out there that will sell you a dream larger than life.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:31 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Congrats,
It's a great feeling to not have to send one more large check out every month.
"Bank" that same check into a savings account for a few months and start growing a OMG fund.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:07 AM

Nice, ill be putting mine on a mortage in about a year.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 AM

Congrats....

My suggestion is to remember this day and try to always stay this way..

I have paid off all my cars.. and it is nice to not have a car payment at the end of each month.

Now if i can just get my house paid off I will be Free
Old 02-20-2007, 09:25 AM

Smart move! Since you have developed the ability to not spend every dime you earn instantly, you're a rare "bird" in America. Don't change your pattern.

Remember: The borrower is servant to the lender.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by smokindog
Good for you!!! It's a good feeling when you can do that at your age. Just make sure to save the equivalent amount of what your monthly payment was... that way when you go to buy another one you can pay cash up front and not spend a ludicrous amount of money by borrowing.
That is what I did, I worked for a company that provided a vehicle for me, so I payed myself a $700 truck payment every month plus threw my tax returns and any extra money in there , after a couple years I went and wrote a check for mine, there is nothing better than having a paid off truck, that isnt worn out

Quick Reply: Truck Is Paid Off