General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

SVT mustang guys tackle diesels

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SVT mustang guys tackle diesels

good read http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=212416

Originally Posted by ghost96gt
but if it was a true test the dodge would pry win sounded desiel too (black smoke didnt give it away or anything) its hard to beat a cummings desiel though (even though Ford designed it) (so i heard from some truck ppl dont hate on me if i am wrong)
cummings desieles pwn!

Originally Posted by capnkirk52
UHHHHHHHHHHHH last I checked Ford owned Cummins so yes, it is a ford engine. and the dodge should pull the duramax across the country. Their auto is crap but even the Allison can't stand up to the Torqueshift!!! A Powerstroke will pull both of them wherever they wanna go......

Ford and Dodge 3/4 and 1 tons are about the same weight stock. A duramax is almost a ton lighter than both so the chevy in this contest will get pulled!!!
wrong, wrong, and wrong, i don't even know where to start. i guess in a powerstroke owner's perfect world ford would own everything.

Originally Posted by venix
If you wanna talk about dodge...go to www.dodgeforums.com and have a party. I personally dont care if dodge makes a new truck with 1000hp and 2500TQ that tows 200tons for $10k less than the Ford. I would still buy the Ford.
mah daddy was a BLUE OVAL MANG!!!!!!!!!!!111 this one really speaks volumes for the ford owner mentality.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh no, now the Hoss's of the world are revising their urban legend...

the electronics and fuel injection and the turbo technology is all from ford... ford still owns cummins
And then another one... Now he says that the Cummins is a good motor, but only because of Ford...

according to my daisy chain ford didnt own cummins just helped them with the problems they were having with their fuel injection and always have had...
so pretty much the fuel injection set up and majority of electronics on the new cummins since 01 i beleive was designed by ford for that engine. but other rumors say ford bought majority stock of cummins right before chrysler merged with mercedez just to spite them then sold it back 2 years once they fixed the problems with it. not sure if it was all true but they **** sure did make some big changes to that motor displacement stayed same but the power levels sure did go up on it along with fuel economy
Ahh, we need Iker to go over there and post a reply to this thread...

Go and sick-em Iker!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgraham
They both suck, get a f-350 in there.

HAHAH, 6.0... hahah sorry but it's got nothing on a 5.9 Cummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost96gt
thats always good on the drivetrain i dunno. but if it was a true test the dodge would pry win sounded desiel too (black smoke didnt give it away or anything) its hard to beat a cummings desiel though (even though Ford designed it) (so i heard from some truck ppl dont hate on me if i am wrong)

You sir need to do a little reading. Ford owned like 10% stock in dodge back in the 90's than sold it off because that's pretty imbarrasing(sp?) that the 2500 Cummins was making more power, more reliable, etc than the Ford. Second thats a huge conflict of interest thats like chevy investing in Ford??. Also Cummings in a independant contactor for Dodge that builds the diesel motors for them, dodge doesn't design the engine, just the shell they go in.

At least one guy has his head on right. It's almost painful to read that thread.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:20 PM

OMG after page 3 I had to close that website. There are SO MANY wrong facts on there I was gonna flip out and feel the need to register to straighten em out. Man hope they know mustangs better then Diesel trucks
Old 10-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Banned

I could't finish reading, it was making my head hurt.

The debate over weather or not chevy offers a diesel was good though.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...of course you could always join there and show them picts of Superduty's truck. Big shiny ford with a Cummins should really add to the confusion.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Banned

Thats a good idea.

Iker, get on it...
Old 10-26-2005, 08:54 AM

Not all Ford owner's are stupid. Some just like to sniff glue ! There is no stock 6.0 in the country that will out tow a stock Cummins. I like mine because it's quick, pulls okay, and I got a great deal on it. Now that I know the 6.0 is a piece of crap, I will be switching to Cummins. The End

DT '03 6.0("no comment")
Old 10-26-2005, 09:05 AM

????

Why would you waste your time on any other forum than this one???
The nerve of some people.

Just tell them the Ford mustang body is made by dodge over sea's, that should really get them going.

It's amazing at some web sites. I am also a member of a fourwheeler one and some people ask such silly questions. One was my tire looks like it has less air in it than the others, how can I check??? I had to reply, I said beat self with screw driver (long thing with handle) then sell the fourwheeler. He resposned "why" I said if you don't know how to check your tire pressure to see if there the same you can't ride. He said he didn't have a gauge, i said borrow one, he said he couldn't, I'm like . Oh well, I have DTR to call home.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
I could't finish reading, it was making my head hurt.

The debate over weather or not chevy offers a diesel was good though.

I know exactly what you mean... I feel more stupider for having read all that. I would like that 10 minutes of my life back please!!
Old 10-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackSunShyne
I know exactly what you mean... I feel more stupider for having read all that. I would like that 10 minutes of my life back please!!
We should be able to charge stupid people for our time. That is time we will never get back.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:15 PM

It seems to me like its time to start making signs for people to wear... "IDIOT" signs....
Old 10-26-2005, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
We should be able to charge stupid people for our time. That is time we will never get back.

LOL thats the ticket. We would all be rich!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:57 PM

Please dont post links to sites like that in the future. I felt myself getting dumber the more I read. The problem is that it was just so much fun to read I couldent stop. A lot like a bug to a lite. I just couldent help continuing on despite my brain cells comitting suicide(sp) as I read it. Now if you will excuse me I need to go drive my Dodge truck with a Ford owned Cummins in it that Ford built the fuel system for. Im just glad i dont have a GM Duramax bexause GM doesent offer diesel engines anymore. Boy do I feel sory for all those poor boys that dont even know they are putting the wrong fuel in there new Duramax gassers. I just remembered that I also feel for all of ya with no tranies at all because Dodge no longer offers autos and you dident get the manual............. Thanks FORD for helping Dodge get the power out of the Cummins with your new fuel system. I apreaciate it.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:00 PM

Guys, I wasnt going to tell anyone this, but I actually OWN Cummins....

You are all crazy

Quick Reply: SVT mustang guys tackle diesels