General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Stolen 2000 Ram 4x4 cummins in Tucson/Oro Valley

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Randy, you can add the SKIM system on to your truck if you are interested. Contact your dealer. I've done quite a few of them. They even have a shock sensor you can add on that will sound the horn and flash the lights if desired.

DISREGARD THE ABOVE INFO....I made a mistake. For some reason I was thinking a newer truck. You CAN add SKIM to an 03 or newer truck, but I'm pretty sure us "old" truck guys can't have it.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This same exact thing happend to captain insane 0 (Brian). Anways they recoverd the truck and it was not in too bad of shape. It was about an hour from the border and we picked it up in casa grande from the towing yard. The illegals ditched it because they got a flat and tried to change it and there was no jack. They must have been flying with 370s and a H2D
Old 06-09-2005, 08:48 PM

I looked at the truck today...

I am not sure if it will total or not. Took out the stereo, the back seat, and the camper. They installed and aluminim toolbox/tank (tank portion had been removed), and and antenna. Through the roof. They made a hole in the top of the cab and used electrical tape to hold it in place !!! They also changed the rear view mirrors to the 97 and down chrome style. The grill & bumber are damaged from running into a catus. Which is all over the hood and skid plates and axles. There is a brach about 3/4" thick stuck under the driver side coil. Even with all this unless there is some engine/trans. damage they will probably repair it. I won't find out until next week sometime.

One possible ray of sunshine we found in the truck was a white cowboy hat... No, I am not going to wear it. There was a phone # on it . I have called the police and let them know. Maybe they can fry someone connected to this.

Randy
Old 06-09-2005, 08:53 PM

J BODY,
how much does it normally run for that? Do you work at a dealer? TUS or PHX doesn't matter to me. I am in one about as much as the other.

Randy
Old 06-10-2005, 12:09 AM

Sorry to hear that Randy, my buddy had her 98 dodge 1500 stolen last year at the crossroads theater. They found it two days later at the El Con mall. They dented the heck outta it and stole something worth 500 bucks of stuff she had inside. She was kinda bummed they found it cus we were already lookin for a new truck for her and I had her lookin at CTDs. I also had someone try to break into my baby back in 02 when I was working at Desert Life. Went to leave work after a 16 hour shift and a buddys truck in the same parking lot had all her windows busted out and some unkind words written in permanet marker and the interior trashed<it was a new toyota tacoma>. We kinda had a felling who did it so I checked my truck and found nothing, then when I stopped to fuel up on the way home noticed a scratch by the drivers side door handle and thats when I noticed the key hole had been punched out. Thats all they did to mine thank god and unfortunately we had no solid proof so we couldn't have the 3 jerks that did it to our trucks charged with anything. I should be more careful with my truck, I leave it unlocked here at home all the time, granted I live in Catalina and if anyone has the guts nuff to make it into the yard without stirrin up our 6 dogs and getting my truck started then they are welcome to it. Just glad you got your truck back and if you need anything Randy let me know. I have some connections with a really good body shop that does great work at a decent price. Hope everything turns out well.
~Heather~
Old 06-10-2005, 02:53 AM

Heather,
I may take you up on that. I've only been in TUS for a year & 1/2. Don't really know anywhere around here for repairs. I am still contimplating my options if it does not total. I am hoping at this point to do most of the work myself. But I do not have a paint booth or equipment for alignments. I will know sometime next week.

I'm not sure which is worse; random like our truck or targeted like your situation. Either way the damage is done and it sucks. And there is no legal way to direct anger.

Thanks,
Randy
Old 06-10-2005, 08:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go to google.com and put the phone number you found in the search box (xxx)xxx-xxxx like that and you may bring up some leads.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:43 PM

Man that is really a bummer. Brians truck was missing a the bumper gaurd, the shell and had a bunch of scratches and some dents. They also pulled out the interior lights. The guy at the tow yard said that they pull the lights so the border patrol cant see them at night when they open the doors.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:04 PM

Just let me know Randy, and if you need any parts from the dealership just let me know cus I have a buddy in the parts department and he can get them for next to nothing, he is also the one that hooked me up with the collision center that I used when I had my bumper replaced. I sure hope that everything works out for you, I know how bad it sucks and how violated you feel after something like this.
~Heather~
Old 06-11-2005, 12:18 AM

We'll I looked it over a little closer today and determined there were two seperate time the vehicel was damaged. Once in the front that they jerri-rigged and then the one that stopped the truck. Everything looked O.K. to start the engine. I cranked it a little to make sure. Then tried to start it. It cranked for about three seconds and did not start. Then I decieded to just crank it for the 10 sec. starter limit. It took about 5 sec to start. It ran and rev'ed. When I shut it down I checked the codes. 1693 then dashes. It did not have codes before. I know it is not the lift pump because it should only cause a slight delay (1/2 sec), not the time it took. So there is defenite engine problems. Also found out the towing company did not disconnect the rear drive line. So I don't know why the thieves did.

None of this really make an immidiate differnce but fortunatly I did bring up the concern about the pump to the adjuster before I started the truck.

They drove it about 150 ~ 200 miles. It is amazing the difference that 200 miles of abuse can make. This seems to answer the question why do some last and others don't when talking about the VP. I am sure the criminals abused it worse then most people that have repetitive VP problems but they only had it for 200 miles. This is probably why my 99 has lasted even though I have had semptoms for 25,000 miles. I'm not saying the pump is not sub-par with the rest of the engine, just that usage determines life.

Randy
Old 06-15-2005, 03:45 PM

Any more news on the truck Randy? Keep us posted. Also what part of Oro Valley are you in? I live just up the road in Catalina, and thank god we dont have that much of a problem with vehicles being stolen.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:43 PM

I just got a call from the appraiser. She did not say but I think they are going to total it. If they do I am trying to get a friend of mine to go halfs on the salvage and turn it into monster.

azcwbyteaser:
I live little north Magee and Oracle. Your right, our part of TUS is better then some. One of my employees has 1500 4x4 that was stolen recovered and in repair right now, while he was waiting for the police there was a guy shot in the gym he just left. It was a little shocking for the 20 year old guy from Salt Lake.

How far in Catalina are you?

Randy
Old 06-16-2005, 02:13 AM

thats crazy, I sometimes pick up shifts at Mt. View Care Center right there at Magee n La Canada. U know where the Burger King off Oracle n Hawser is in Catalina? I live at the end of Hawser. Alot of my horse training clients live around there near CDO. If you want a bunch of us <like 20> are heading up to Mt. Lemon with our Dodges, a few CTDs Sat the 25th, if you want to come and spend a few hours up there with us you can just let me know and ill pm ya the details. Sorry to hear about the truck but if I were in your shoes I think I would want it totaled.
~Heather~
Old 06-16-2005, 07:47 AM

You guys might want to check out the video on this page. *Caution* it contains graphic language! There is complete information on the webpage about the Canadian bait car program. Pretty incredible what someone will do when *not* in their right mind.
Link Removed By Moderator
Old 06-16-2005, 01:59 PM

Omg last night I had this horrid dream and in it I dreamt that I had woken up and my brother was here at the house and told me my truck was stolen and the cops havent found anything yet and I just lost it. Right then I woke up and jumped outta bed and flung the front door open, sitting there like always was my baby. So i hit the alarm on her and sighed n went back to bed. I think that might have been a sign that I should keep my truck locked, or it coulda been from the concussion my yearling gave me last night lol.

Also anyone else that would like to roll up to Mt. Lemon is more than welcome to. We are more than happy to have as many Dodges as can be, and the more CTDs the better. If you are interested pm me and let me know.
~Heather~

Quick Reply: Stolen 2000 Ram 4x4 cummins in Tucson/Oro Valley