Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   Stolen 2000 Ram 4x4 cummins in Tucson/Oro Valley (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/stolen-2000-ram-4x4-cummins-tucson-oro-valley-69826/)

newriverSpecon 06-06-2005 06:16 AM

Stolen 2000 Ram 4x4 cummins in Tucson/Oro Valley

5 JUN 05 between 1630 and 1900. It is Driftwood in color. Has flat topper with long side windows. Top of bed rails have dents on both sides. We have had the truck for about three weeks.

Oro Valley P.D. 520-229-4900

Randy[verymad] [verymad] [verymad]

Shovelhead 06-06-2005 06:23 AM

Hope it shows up soon. :(

Most times, the missing vehicle is found a few miles away.

Ripper406 06-06-2005 12:06 PM

Very unfortunate situation, I advise asap as you find your truck or if you buy a new one to get lojack. Usually theifs take the car/truck and park it close by and leave it there for a few days and if it has lojack it gets found and taken back. If not then the theifs comeback and do whatever they want with it. :(

newriverSpecon 06-06-2005 02:50 PM

Unfortunately we are only an hour and a quarter from MEXICO. Thats where a big portion go around here. We'll see though.

Randy

Dan Brooks 06-06-2005 02:52 PM

I'll keep my eye open while I'm out. Hopefully yours will turn up in good shape, but a lot are found hauling drugs or illegals across the border. If that's the case, you may be better off not getting it back....:(

Good luck.

newriverSpecon 06-06-2005 05:58 PM

I agree Dan. The worst part is we've only had it for 3 weeks.

Thanks,
Randy

Geico266 06-06-2005 06:31 PM

In these here parts we shoot horse thieves and truck rustlers. [eyecrazy]

J BODY 06-06-2005 10:49 PM

Just curious......was your truck equipped with the factory SKIM security system (gray key)? I'm betting not. Last month a friend of mine from Sahuarita almost lost his 03 CTD to thieves while he was at work. They messed the column up pretty good, but the SKIM system kept them from taking his baby. I also had two customers last year that were in the Phoenix area that had there trucks broken into. Neither of them lost their truck either (gray key again). My truck was broken into twice last year, once in Phoenix, once in Vegas, both times with the race trailer attached. I don't have SKIM as my truck is an 01, but unless they come equipped with a scan tool and service manual, they are not getting my truck started.

2500CTD 06-07-2005 12:58 AM

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully that "Death Wobble" takes its vengence on them![redface] I moved from Chandler, AZ about a yr ago. Like said, once its stolen it just isnt the same, I wouldn't want my truck back after its stolen ,I'd get it back for a conversion or parts, but not much else. To me the truck has be Violated. Again sorry to hear about that and good luck with whatever you decide.

newriverSpecon 06-08-2005 11:08 PM

2500CTD:[laugh] [laugh] We had exactly the same thought.

J BODY: My 01 Cherokee had the chiped key. Niether of my trucks do. I have started puling a Fuse as suggested else where on the board.

Geico266: I have been parking my truck directly below our balcony so I can shoot them, if the "totality of the circumstances" lead me to belive they will kill me. As I was told by a LEO "if your so inclined, next time turn 'em into swiss chesse". That was a completly different situation but the law is the same. Unfortunatly just like in that one I probably would use my better judgment instead of the extent of the law.:rolleyes:

Today I got a call from the P.D. It has been revocered. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. I got the call on the way to work tonight. We are gonig to go look at it tomorrow. The police are saying it has external damage and the interior has been striped. We'll see what happens from here. At least we don't have to wait 15 days for things to start.

It was found by Border Patrol about fifteen miles from the border. It was found with at least one other truck from my area that had been reported stolen.

Randy

Dan Brooks 06-09-2005 12:45 AM

Originally posted by newriverSpecon
The police are saying it has external damage and the interior has been striped. We'll see what happens from here. At least we don't have to wait 15 days for things to start.

It was found by Border Patrol about fifteen miles from the border. It was found with at least one other truck from my area that had been reported stolen.

That's what I was afraid of.... Hopefully it won't be as bad as it sounds, or it will be to the point that the insurance will write it off and give you a fair price for replacement value.

Makes me really glad I park mine in a garage at night, and a fairly secure lot at work. I just worry about parking it anywhere else.[eyecrazy] Of course, 1st Gen trucks don't seem to be as much of a target....

newriverSpecon 06-09-2005 04:45 AM

We have gap insurance, so the loan is covered. I wish I had a garage for nights and the airport employee parking is sort of secure. The wife though works in a retail store, so there is not much there. I didn't think the CTD rams would be much of a target anyway.

Randy

Begle1 06-09-2005 05:38 AM

Originally posted by newriverSpecon
I didn't think the CTD rams would be much of a target anyway.

Randy

Oh no... CTD's hold their resale value incredibly well; very good targets for thieves.

Shovelhead 06-09-2005 05:55 AM

Even theives like good fuel milage..........:rolleyes:

newriverSpecon 06-09-2005 06:32 AM

The other truck that was found with it was a F-150. I think they were on a "grab trucks from one area" spree. It was taken very near the same area as mine. A lot of them are just grab something that can haul people and beat it till it dies.

Heck, my wifes firsts car was a 84 celebrity wagon. It had f-150 coil springs in the rear. They got pulled over with enough illegals in the back that it sat level. It got towed and never claimed. Then she bought it. The rear suspension was the tires.

Randy