General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

question about why we cant talk about certain subjects here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about why we cant talk about certain subjects here.

Look guys I think I have been a member in good standing since I have joined here a few years ago. Im always try to help people, and appreciate the help other have offered to me. Ive purchased numerous things thru DTR and supported there paying advertisers. Im not trying to stir the pot but I'm just curious why we have certain subjects here that seem to be taboo.

I dont quite follow some of the posts about how were not allowed to discuss things we do to our trucks on here(like running red diesel). So we're not allowed to dicuss hundreds and hundrerds of posts about how smarty, bully dog, etc reprogram the ECM to run outside of the manufactures EPA approved programs? Or how I have yet to ever see you guys stick in a set of F1 injectors that have a CARB EO#. Look im not trying to bust anyones chops here, I just feel its kind of hypocritical for the guys on here to say no talking about taking off a Cat(DPF filter). An then turn around and talk about sticking on a compound with a set of stage 23 injectors.........doesn't make sense to me.

for the record i do all kinds of crazy stuff to my truck and my street car is a right on the edge drag machine so im no boy scout either. I just dont tell people.......ewwwwwwwwww were not allowed to talk about that.

what gives?

tom
Old 02-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Because all the turbo's, injectors and mods are perfectly LEGAL.
Running Red, or deleting a emission part is ILLEGAL.
Just like Street racing, we just had 8 people killed this week in MD that were watching an ILLEGAL street race.
So this is the way the Admins want it to stay. Just gotta play by the rulz.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry but here in ca modifying your vehicle in any way is technically illegal after market rims, lift etc.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not trying to "bust your chops" either ( as you put it so well! LOL ) , but in my opinion, we can't talk about it because that is the rule that we all agreed to when we signed on. As a lot of people didn't read the whole thing, me included!, it is very well stated in there.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
This is a very touchy subject. I want to word this right and try to explain some things.

There are a few things that don't fly here. Blatant violation of federal laws, whether discussion or actually doing it, is not allowed. Some websites do not care, this one does.

That's the way things roll here. It was like that before I got here, it will be like that after I'm gone.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. I'm not tellin any dirty secrets, (cause I don't know any ) but I'll answer what I know...

But, this one's done. Use the PM if you want to know more.

madhat