General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

possibly scammed on the other site...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
possibly scammed on the other site...

1,000's of guys have used DTR, and TDR to buy and sell parts...and when i finally got enough money for a turbo and found a good deal i get the run around.

my adkins lil 55 was supposed to ship last friday, but on tuesday i called the guy and he finally answered his phone, and told me they shipped that morning. he still hasnt sent my tracking number, and 3 days later the package still hasnt arrived. he is only in kentucky so 3 days fed-ex or UPS is enough time. today i attempted to call him only to find out his cell phone is not in service anymore.

hopefully paypal completes their investigation within 30 days and i get my $1200 back
Old 02-24-2006, 01:55 PM

Man, I am sorry to hear about it, I hope it comes thru for you. If it doesn't for that kind of money I would pay him a personal visit as to get face to face with him over the issue. Hope it dosen't come to that, as I have never once on here heard of any short trading or upset guys buying and selling. Goodluck,,Rick
Old 02-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Banned

he seems like a nice guy and knew what he was talking about with the turbo...and he pulled the 55 to go with an S4 single (BIG) for pulling...but here it is a week later with no tracking number, and now turbo, and his cell phone is now disconnected.

hopefully it comes and i can cancel my claim with paypal, but if not then when i get my money back then i'll find another one and buy it ASAP
Old 02-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
You buy used ...you take your chances. Most guys are honest but you only have to meet up with one crooked one to sour you for life.

Hopefully it is just stuck in transit
Old 02-24-2006, 03:32 PM

Hey, don't get worried just yet. If the guy used ups it could take a week. I've used ups 3day many times and it has NEVER been here in less than 4. Fedex is great. When they say they'll be there in three days it sometimes takes 2.
Hopefully, you diddn't get scammed. Some people just suck at life.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best of luck!

Thanks for sharing your woes. We all need to hear about it when it happens.

I remember thinking the price was too good to be true for a Lil 55. Hope that's not the case!

I was burned once by a beloved vendor that cheated a few guys here, just before he went out of business! I refused to carry around resentment over the money... but the feeling of being used by a fellow DTR member was harder to let go of!

Hope your turbo is just mis routed to the wrong place! Give it a few days.

RJ
Old 02-24-2006, 04:39 PM

don't worry im sure it will come...it was also presidents day monday
Old 02-24-2006, 06:33 PM

not that its a guarantee by any means,,but,,,try to stick with someone that actually participates on the boards.there are plenty of guys on here that swap parts all the time,and sell off good used parts at reasonable prices..stick with members that have somewhat of a post count and i think youll be fine that way........good luck ,and if it doesnt work out for you,names would be appreciated,even if in pm..................bama
Old 02-24-2006, 07:47 PM

Should have bought the JR ADKINS LIL 55 my cousin has listed. He Still has it. And it was cheaper than the one you bought very low miles too maybe 4-5K mi. Thanks Steve
Old 02-24-2006, 08:01 PM

I got scammed for a turbo on e-bay a few months ago. Hopefully the same doesn't happen here. Holidays always screw up the shipping world! I deal with it everyday......
Good luck.....
Old 02-24-2006, 08:26 PM

Received 1,038 Likes on 763 Posts
If he sent it UPS ground it could take up to 5 days with UPS anyway. It depends on what time he gave it to them and where it had to be routed. I do a lot of UPS shipping and sometimes a nearby shipment takes as long or longer than a farther one because of how it's routed. UPS is getting more like the Postal Service but FedEx is a lot of times cheaper and faster.

Edwin
Old 02-24-2006, 08:46 PM

FWIW, I just bought a fold flat floor. It's coming UPS ground. The initial track said it would be delivered today, 2/24. I rechecked tonight, after not getting it, and the delivery date had been rescheduled to 2/28.

Why not Monday, 2/27, if it was initially going to be here on the 24th? Who knows.

Hopefully something similar has happened to your turbo, hence the delay. Good luck.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you payed by Paypal and registered a investigation he has to show proof of shipment. If he cant they will freese his account and send you the money he has in it but if theres only $7.03 like happened to me then thats all you get However if you applied the paypal payment on your credit card you may be able to make a claim against that?
Good luck I hope its trully gust late in shipment.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:38 PM

If it doesnt come and you get your money back I have one forsale for the same money.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:40 AM

Hmm. Im in Ky. Dont know if that does you any good though. If you want to PM me the guys name; I can let u know if I know him or not. Dont know what else I could do. Hopefully its just late getting there.

Eric

Quick Reply: possibly scammed on the other site...