General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Need a Car Alarm!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a Car Alarm!!

Someone just broken into the wife’s car and stole her stereo and sub box from her truck some time in the last couple of hours. I know for a fact that the car was locked because I locked the doors. I think they used a slim jim and unlock the truck and yank the stereo and sub box out very quickly. I know this because I found the sub box wires hanging out of the trunk.

Now down to the work! I need to get a car alarm installed her car and I do not have any idea which one to get. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:16 AM

I dont have one but I have looked and I think viper is one of the best but they arent cheap anywhere fron400-700 for a real good one
Old 12-15-2006, 02:54 AM

I want something the is going to very load if it is broke into again. A alarm that would wake up all the neighbors!
Old 12-15-2006, 11:35 AM

I have a viper on mine. It's a remote starter with a pager so if my alarm goes off the pager will go off if im within the right range. I need this b/c I park my truck outside.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by 3500lly
I have a viper on mine. It's a remote starter with a pager so if my alarm goes off the pager will go off if im within the right range. I need this b/c I park my truck outside.
Thanks i will look into a Viper alarm. They seem a little pricey??
Old 12-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Chapter President

Compustar is nice also, with pager. Great range too.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my experience theres 2 alarm features that are important in keeping people from stealing stuff in your car: A perimeter warn-away and a pager. I had someone break into my garage one night and the only reason I didnt lose 25k worth of bikes was because one of them had a perimeter warn-away and it chirped and scared them off. It uses a small microwave antenna and looks for moving reflections of signal, so anything that gets close and moves around sets it off.
The pager feature is nice too.. I keep mine next to my bed to wake me up if that happens again. You can also put the alarm on silent mode and be out there with your baseball bat / shotgun / golf club (Oops, I think he slipped and hit his head officer) when the pager alerts you.
Ive got a commando car alarm I rigged to keep an eye on my bikes, so when I get some $$$ together Im going to put one in the ram too. You can even get these with turbo timers and remote start. I think the MFR has a website.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by kawi600
In my experience theres 2 alarm features that are important in keeping people from stealing stuff in your car: A perimeter warn-away and a pager. I had someone break into my garage one night and the only reason I didnt lose 25k worth of bikes was because one of them had a perimeter warn-away and it chirped and scared them off. It uses a small microwave antenna and looks for moving reflections of signal, so anything that gets close and moves around sets it off.
The pager feature is nice too.. I keep mine next to my bed to wake me up if that happens again. You can also put the alarm on silent mode and be out there with your baseball bat / shotgun / golf club (Oops, I think he slipped and hit his head officer) when the pager alerts you.
Ive got a commando car alarm I rigged to keep an eye on my bikes, so when I get some $$$ together Im going to put one in the ram too. You can even get these with turbo timers and remote start. I think the MFR has a website.
I a pager would be nice though it is going on my wifes car a '99 Toyota Corolla. I really want is a sign regards to Beware of OWNER and not the dog.

I found a Clifford alarm arrow 5 i think for 229 installed. Good deal???