General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

My baby is not my baby for long.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kcastun
Did i mention that i already have a lead on a 98 12v?
Do yourself a bigger favor than running a carfax. Get the VIN and talk to your insurance agent. Have him or her run a CLUE on it. I don't remember exactly what CLUE stands for, but I do know it is a Comprehensive Loss something something. It is a database available to the insurance industry that can and will have all insurance claims listed.
Good Luck
Tom
Old 06-09-2005, 07:44 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MnTom
Do yourself a bigger favor than running a carfax. Get the VIN and talk to your insurance agent. Have him or her run a CLUE on it. I don't remember exactly what CLUE stands for, but I do know it is a Comprehensive Loss something something. It is a database available to the insurance industry that can and will have all insurance claims listed.
Good Luck
Tom
Comprehensive Loss Underwriters Exchange.
it might be a helpful thing for this purpose, but it boils down to another way for insurance companies to rip us off.
I took a class on Homeowners insurance. Put it this way. When you call your Agent to discuss your policies, tell them to PUT THEIR PENCILS DOWN!!
For instance: You have some shingles blow of after a close call with a Tornado. What goes through your head? I'll call my insurance company to generally ask about the process of filing a claim. (you may,or may not) be thinking you'll get yourself into a free or reduced new roof, right?
The agent explains your policy and it's deductable, you ponder it, then decide that you'll just get your brother in-law to climb up there and replace the 5 or so tabs that flew off. (he owes you a favor anyway)

Now then, you didn't file a claim, no monies were paid to you. Think your insurance company just wiped their brow, and were glad you never called back?............
NO, they entered this "incident" into the CLUE system. No biggie for you, right? WRONG!
A few more of these "incidents" and you could find yourself a candidate for higer rates or worse, not being able to shop for new insurance. The newest fad in insurance is for them to run your credit to use it a basis for your insurability. Late on some bills? Repos or Foreclosures? In the future, this might effect your car/home insurance rates..........
Sorry to drag on here, just sparked my memory on the subject.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, I read about some of the ways you get ripped off with CLUE in Readers Digest. It really kinda tees me off that just an inquiry can cause some major headaches.