General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

The Meaning of a Ricer

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Meaning of a Ricer

This all stemmed from my wife's niece telling me that my diesel truck is embarrassing, overly loud ( my 3 year old says its awesome ), and that trucks with flat beds are for confused red necks.< It's my work truck too.... Then tells me how awesome her boy friends rice burner is. So, being , I kept my cool, asked my iphone " who drives ricers", and this came up. I thought it was enough to count as a win, and had to share it . This came from Urban Dictionary:

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL! Nice!

-Kris
Old 07-22-2014, 06:10 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hehehe.....slam dunk! You win!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
You should have made sure your bed was secured ( major negative points for dropping your welding machine during the demonstration ) and then asked her boyfriend if he wanted to line up next to a redneck welding truck for a hundred bucks.........

Just for grins, do a burnout before you line up next to him to warm up the tires......
Old 07-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
For the ultimate down force and, of course, coolness.
Attached Thumbnails The Meaning of a Ricer-thewing_ultimatedownforce.jpg  
Old 07-22-2014, 08:44 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I dunno, I went to a local fair and I was almost embarassed at some of the trucks rolling around the parking lot. It was definetley worst on the day of the diesel sled pulls. Almost all of those criteria up there was met (yes even the wing on one truck) on a lot of the parking lot queens. Coal rolling in line to get out of the parking lot....

I guess they're everywhere driving everything. I like the sleeper look myself.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:38 PM

gorms, you are correct, there is always the ones that do embarrass us. There is a few around here that as they drive past the door at walmart roll coal on the people walking out. I have been a victim of that myself, even when I had my kids with me. And my neighbor that comes in after 11pm has a truck quite louder than mine, and he comes in hot on the throttle which is very annoying.

As patdaly said, if he was present I probably would have bet him. I haven't raced my dually, but I beat a guy at the sled pulls this year by over 20' that claims he is a corvette killer, so it might have been interesting.

That is the best wing I have seen in the pic. A little paint and it should be good for take off.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by DieselDaze
I just noticed it was a park bench....... Everyone please fasten your seat belts before take off!
Old 07-23-2014, 04:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselDaze
They are envious of the 69 & 70 dodge Daytona and Plymouth superbird
Old 07-23-2014, 07:32 AM

Unfortunately, a lot of these guys that were ricers back in the day are now into diesel bro haulers.
Instead of cruising around the Walmart parking lot pimping a mint pastel colored civic complete with giant pep boys fart pipe & 7 1000W subwoofers, they now ride around in jacked up diesels "rolling coal" from their "custom" 8" stacks.

Sad but true
Old 07-23-2014, 02:27 PM

Ricer of the diesel world (op is just jealous because he probably got beat by a ricer both my boys have them one is a evo and the other is wrx and both could beat most hopped up diesels
Old 07-23-2014, 02:40 PM

stacks that serve no purpose
Old 07-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by whiteeye42
op is just jealous because he probably got beat by a ricer both my boys have them one is a evo and the other is wrx and both could beat most hopped up diesels
Evo and WRX is hardly what one would call a ricer........ Both are the respective Corvette of their manufacturer, and your boys aren't the typical ricer dudes, otherwise they wouldn't still be with us.

Those have way too much power to be stupid with.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:20 PM

holly crap, there is a lot of money on that red truck! I bet that exhaust system must have been almost $1k, and I bet the flat bed was over $3k and the 22.5's the same.
I won't knock the 22.5's, I had thought about some before.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:38 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have not had a wrx/sti or evo beat me yet... even embarrassed a brand new zo6 vette-- amongst other things!

and that was before nitrous!

Quick Reply: The Meaning of a Ricer