General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

HA! HA! HA! Went to the ford dealer today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HA! HA! HA! Went to the ford dealer today!!!

Last year in the summer I bought a girl truck for my wife, F150 super crew 4x4. I get a special ford &quot;A&quot; plan family discount which gives me lower than dealer cost. So I have to go down there to the ******* to do some paperwork, so while I was there I ask to see the new six litre stroker and the guy says that it recycles the unburnt fuel in the exhaust and does just about everything else a dodge can't do including wiping you're bum. He opened up the lid and it looked like a mercedes with another big lid on it and I said to him &quot;You can't even attempt to work on the thing&quot; and I said to him about the guy in Ohio who just got the good ol' million mile marker out of his 94 which kinda dumbfounded him and then he said &quot;Well you're truck is loud&quot;<br> Well I just walked away thinking yeah I do drive a truck.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:24 AM

Re:HA! HA! HA! Went to the ford dealer today!!!

There you go, upsetting the salespeople and bursting their bubble of belief in the propaganda that furd spews forth. I saw the inside of a superduty the other day, gawd, what a mess. Definitely not a user friendly unit. I'll not complain about how crammed our units are.<br><br>~Dave
Old 02-10-2003, 07:59 AM

I agree our units can definately use a bigger back seat especially when you try to cram two 12&quot; subwoofers under it and no one can sit there
Old 02-10-2003, 10:10 AM

Use 4 8&quot; subs instead. You can build a box that will totally fit under the back seat with 4 8's in it. When I get the time to build the box 4 8L7 Kicker solobarics will be in mine ;D<br><br>[quote author=Jamie Attridge link=board=5;threadid=10777;start=0#102837 date=1044885541]<br>I agree our units can definately use a bigger back seat especially when you try to cram two 12&quot; subwoofers under it and no one can sit there<br>[/quote]
Old 02-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Banned

Jamie, both of my 12's fit under my seat and I can have people sit on it. Granted, the seat stays up most of the time and when it is down, it rests on the front of the box, but they fit. I'm going to put 1&quot;-1 1/2&quot; spacers under the seat to raise it so I can build a bigger box. ;D My current ones are a little to small. My friend is building a custom fiberglass one for his stang and depending on how that goes and sounds, we may end up doing that on mine. ;D
Old 02-10-2003, 11:20 AM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=5;threadid=10777;start=0#102911 date=1044896074]<br>My current ones are a little to small. <br>[/quote]<br><br>im sorry...you just cant take me anywhere.....
Old 02-10-2003, 11:40 AM

Mine actully has 2 DVC's and with *proper* air space there is no way that the box will fit under the rear seat. Its impossible as for the 8's they aren't gonna win any comps in my town! ;D
Old 02-10-2003, 01:27 PM

but if I put my subs under the back seat, where would I put my amps<br><br><br><br><br>jamie's right there's know way 2 12's in the proper size ported box is gonna fit in the back and still have people room<br><br>
Old 02-10-2003, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although i would rather have the noise of the 24V,the new common rail Cummins is just as or quieter than the PSD &amp; the Duron max, and comes in 4 door,with more HP &amp; Torque. TGCTD
Old 02-10-2003, 01:56 PM

I was impressed with how quiet rod's 03 CTD was, sounds like my mom's VW TDI <br><br>I got a budy who's die hard ford (I think his blood's even blue) and he has a super duty .......I got to say if it wasn't for the crappy motor I'd be temped to get one .....<br><br>solid axle with leaf springs and manual locking hubs up front (the way god intended a 4x4 to be)<br><br>don't get me wrong I love my dodge, think it's an awsome truck, but ford did they're homework when they built those trucks .......just too bad on the motor choices though <br><br>
Old 02-10-2003, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could be wrong but i believe Ford had their chance with the Cummins back in 1988,but decided against it. TGCTD
Old 02-10-2003, 07:25 PM

Here's my salesman of the day story...<br>I hauled a manlift for a rental company today and they happen to be located right beside the automobile dealership in Whistler. When I came roaring in there they had a brand spankin' new 3500 SRW HO Diesel sitting in their yard. (Where's the drooling smilie???) ;D While my boss was dealing with the rental outfit I went and looked at the truck and Mr. Salesman came over. This guy did not do what your typical salesman does, he just came over and answered my questions, no BS or anything... Until I asked him if that truck had the HO engine in it. He said &quot;Yep it does, but the drawback is it only comes with a stick, so you'd have to learn how to drive one&quot;. &quot;See what I just pulled in with?&quot; I said and pointed at the 18 wheels I had piloted to the location... &quot;Oh, I guess that wouldn't be a problem then :-[ &quot; We chatted a bit more about the truck and the one I have now and about how nice it must be to be rich. Not your average run of the mill salesman! He didn't tell me any BS what so ever and he didn't say &quot;You'd like this better, you need this or that.&quot; If I had the $$$ I'da bought it right then and there <br>My mom bought an Exploder from the same dealer Mitch went to, and they're a bunch of escaped monkeys as far as I'm concerned...
Old 02-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Banned

Who said anything about a ported box? Mine is completely sealed. Later on down the road when I stuff the 15lb nitrous bottle in the back, I'm going to take out my back seat, invert my subs (they have flames on the back side), and build a box that takes up the entire back floor pretty much. As for now, I'm going to put spacers under my backseat to raise it up and build a slightly bigger box.
Old 02-12-2003, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should have included his e-mail address in you post. We could have really bugged him. <br><br>Yea, I like to hear the cummins noise. I know there's a engine up front. Like at the drag strip,&quot; if you can't hear it, you can't drive it&quot; <br><br>Besides there is one RPM that sounds like a twin engine set up, almost hummin together. Just like a twin engine boat just a little off on the RPM's. When I hear that, I set the Cruise Control and could almost go to sleep. <br><br>Dave<br><br>