General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Getting a hood from ebay shipped?? OH to BOS

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting a hood from ebay shipped?? OH to BOS

Hey guys I am trying to fix up my 98 12V and found the exact hood I need, perfect condition, and painted in my color on ebay. The only problem is, seller wont ship Its in Columbus, OH and I'm near Boston. Does anyone know how any easy way to convince him to ship it? Like will UPS package it for a fee? Is there a good, safe, reliable method to ship one? The thing is it is a hard color to find, Intense Blue, I plan on getting my truck painted and have a spare black hood in ok condition, but starting out with everything the same color would be a lot better, plus I could toss it on for the time being and make my truck look 10x better...

Zack
Old 07-18-2006, 07:19 AM

It's too big for UPS. A freight company could haul it but it will be very expensive and they won't get it ready for shipping for you. If you don't package it properly it will get destroyed during shipping....
FedEx may take it but once again, it must be packaged for shipping.....

Sounds like a road trip is in order....
Old 07-21-2006, 12:43 AM

www.forwardair.com If it will fit in a crate or package that a forklift can lift, Forward Air will ship it cheap. I ship 5.9l Cummins heads from Columbus to Dallas in 22 hours for $46. I'm here in Columbus. If you want, I'll pick it up from the seller and deliver to Forward Air's dock. Email me and we can work something out.

brandon.