General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Durasmack....

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt4brown, its CUMMINS. there aint no "g"
Old 01-20-2006, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by fredw
as for a troll look at my post count,

i deal with a lot of cummins, and see both sides of the plate, hopefully you can make the dyno day
fred,

The only cummins I have seen you talk about is the one that you took for a test drive. As for the number of post, most of them are just debating that a duramax is better then cummins.

Just observations
Old 01-20-2006, 08:38 AM

WHY ARE YOU A MEMEBER HERE ON DTR ????????????

I've said it before and bears mentioning again....Cummins envy!

Not everyone, but most people don't buy Diesels for speed or dyno bragging rights. We buy them because ever since we were little kids, we sat on the porch and drooled every time a big rig went by, blowing clouds of smoke and growling like a grizzly with a thorn in it's paw. We didn't think about things such as the size of their trailers or which ones made it up the hill first. It was a visceral thing...the way the ground shook and your windows rattled when they went by.

To this day, if I were still 7 years old, knew nothing about Diesels, and saw the big three working in a field, I wouldn't care for second how they performed...I'd be begging Farmer #1 for a ride in the one that sounds like a Peterbuilt.

Simply put, there's a "personality factor" that goes beyond the numbers, beyond the stats, and beyond the hype and now matter how hard I look, I can't see it in the Chevy. I can afford to have all 3 sitting in my yard but why bother....at the end of the day, there's only one I'd trade a weeks worth of candy and my favorite cap pistol for a ride in.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Banned

As my response to fredw got removed last night for obvious reasons(to me and the few who got to read it), while calling him out from all his B.S. to backup his statements with facts, not just mindless blabber as he always seems to do.

I accepted his challenge, and for him to come here or I will go there, funny though I don't know where he lives or what truck he drives, and he hasn't responded or pm'd me back. Our dyno days aren't until the summer here. I stand by my statement previously , as I have yet to see EVEN ONE worthwhile posting from him. Troll- plain and simple.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by fredw
little info from the place i seen today,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering who has the most miles. I have 20k on mine know. I work at a dealer and we service a 01 dually with 456,000 miles on it. Original tranny and engine. Pulls a 40' car trailer all over the country. His hour meter won't even register anymore it shows up in the tech 2 as some crazy decimal.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60996

just to show the motor is showing the signs of longativity

It went from 20k to 300k overnight huh?.......I dont know where this is going Lets kick it some more!@@@!#@Q%^$&@# Just an observation to the 300k post later in the thread....
Old 01-20-2006, 11:17 AM

Look, I found where fred lives on another forum.

fredw
Old 01-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

Interesting Farmer Dave, as I also live in Alberta, Canada. Yet DIDN"T he post last night that he was having Dyno days very soon close to here, and for me to meet him there(which I accepted). Our dyno days aren't until the summer(in Edmonton).

There are no listings in the phone book for that business that he states here. Where exactly in Alberta is this shop you work at fredw(got a phone #, and an address for us). I smell a troll again, the B.S kinda smell.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:11 PM

Freds been kind of quiet lately, maybe he got scared
Old 01-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Banned

He's probably feeling all the heat now, wonder if he'll have the ba$$s to answer any of my questions(I'm going away now for weekend)by monday. Btw I've never done any postings on any other site, let alone kicked off one(like he suggested), but I would suspect he has.

B.S.ing TROLLS usually get exposed quite soon, looks like your time is up now fred. Goodbye and good riddance. It will be nice to get back to normal around here again.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like it is time for fred to again feel the leather from the boot that it appears he has gotten from the other sites.

Old 01-20-2006, 01:07 PM

Come on guys, we shouldn't be trying to kick him out just because he has a different view. We accept what he is, a duramax lover, and can deal with him. He just seems a little obnoxious at times because he is one of the few duramax guys here. He thinks that he needs to stand up for the DC when ever they are mentioned, good luck though.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:26 PM

Once again im late but better late then never. right? Fred how do you figure your duramax to cummins there is a power difference of 3 to 1. I assume that you are talking about your truck putting out 3hp to every 1hp a cummins puts out. So let me guess to say that since haisley has a 1450 hp cummins that any somewhat capable dmax performance shop even tried they should be able put out a truck pushing almost 4500hp. I may be wrong in my reading but i can only read what is posted so either you learn to type a complete thought or i learn how to read ebonics.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
And this is different from our members hanging out on the Ford and Chevy boards....how?

We try to take the highroad on DieselTruckResource.
It's one thing to educate, it's quite another to berate to the point of .

This one's done.