General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

DTR's February Truck Of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 08:00 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
DTR's February Truck Of the Month

Howdy Members,
Another month has disappeared and the Members of the Truck Of the Month Committee find ourselves again deep in the Member's Photo section looking for the February winner.
The new gallery is alot smaller than the old one as it seems many folks haven't yet realized that they need to re-upload their pictures into the new gallery.
Get 'em in there and make our job tougher.

And now the members of the www.DieselTruckResource.com TOM committee along with our sponsor Forest City Diesel, are proud to announce the winner for February is:
John Maul

AKA Evildiesel

Click on the picture for a link to Evildiesel's gallery

And now here's John to give us some background on his winning Truck.

Wow, what an unexpected honor this is. Here’s a little rundown on what’s in the truck so far.
She’s a 2002 4x4 SLT+ automatic. Autometer Trans and boost gauges. Computech digital pyrometer and a Dipricol fuel pressure gauge mounted on the steering column.

Stereo upgrades include a Kenwood head unit, Infinity Kappa 3-way speakers in front and rear, Infinity Perfect T tweeters mounted in stock locations, two MTX 10” subs mounted under rear seat and a single JL 12w3 mounted in a stealth box where the center seat is.
Powering the speakers is a 1000w Sony amp, while a 1200w Rockford powers the subs. These along with an MTX crossover are mounted under the passenger, driver and center seats respectively.

Power modifications so far are limited to a Dynosources timing box and raptor power button which is basically an edge comp without the adjustability, and a Scotty 2 for COOOOoooool air. The resonator and muffler have also gone missing in favor of a 4”straight pipe that comes up through the center of the bed and splits off to form a pair of 5” curved stacks that only miss the top of the truck by 12-15 inches. These modifications alone are enough to slip the torque converter so I have held off on more for now.

The suspension is mostly stock with the exception of a 2” spacer in the front and a set of Bilstiens on all fours to be replaced shortly (when it’s warm again) with a set of Rancho 9000’s.
There is also a 3” body lift which necessitated the use of a dual electric fan instead of the stock belt driven one.
The two inch lift was enough to clear the BFG 35x12.50x18 MT’s which are mounted to 18x9.5 Helo Maxx rims. The extra width is covered by Bushwhacker fender flares.
The 3” body lift has paved the way for the new BFG 37x12.50x18 MT’s that should be due in the spring.

Other modifications include a Trailready Road Armor bumper with quad light mounts and a 3” Bull bar. The lighting includes 2 sets of Piaa 510’s, one set is driving and the other is fog. Also mounted on top are 2 pairs of Piaa 525’s w/ high and low beams. The high beams and the 510 driving lights come on with the high beam switch and the fog lights are set to operate with only the low beams. This combined with a sport headlight conversion so all four bulbs come on is enough to make even the darkest night look like day.

My last additions are the Warn 15,000lb winch mounted inside the bumper and the Cervini’s Ram Air hood which is functional, but not for diesels (yet). The mist flames are a combination of Dodge Graphite, white pearl and a few other assorted paints along with the airbrushed Ram’s head thanks to Ed “Whiski” at TMT Autobody in Sewell, NJ.

The next mods include **** mirrors and a Pace Edwards Rolltop Tonneau cover, and a Kelderman air ride suspension. Also coming soon are a DTT tranny, some bigger injectors and a couple more turbos.

It’s an ongoing project, and I’d like to thank everyone who has helped me along the way. Everyone here who has helped me make many a late night decision, to my friends who have helped me wield those parts that were just a little too big, to my soon to be wife for always standing by me and tolerating me being under the truck for what seems like days, and most of all, to Capital One Credit cards, without whom, none of this would have been possible .

John Maul

Congrats again John from the Members of the DTR TOM Committee.
Dennis, Joel, & Ed.

And also thanks again to our Truck Of the Month sponsor Forest City Diesel.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beautiful truck John

Rick
Old 01-31-2004, 08:47 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Great choice! I've seen this truck in person, it's an attention grabber.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Great truck.

Need some more accesories for mine now

phox
Old 01-31-2004, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet ride- The ghost flames look awesome
Old 01-31-2004, 10:10 PM

That is one sweet looking truck. Is it possible to paint me entirely GREEN?
Old 01-31-2004, 10:43 PM

Looks like LOTS of time and money but WELL worth it. Truck looks great John. Well done
Old 01-31-2004, 11:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
SUWEEET bumper!!
Rest of the truck looks good as well.

Suggestion for the TOM committee, if there are more pics available for a given truck, please put a link to them in the "about" post, or post them in the thread.

Chris
Old 02-01-2004, 06:32 AM

Chris,
Click on the picture for the link to his gallery.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Chris thinking to himself, DOH...
Old 02-01-2004, 07:27 AM

In Chris' defense.
I actually had to edit the article this morning to add the "Click on the pic for the link".
Must be that CRS kickin' in again.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Now Joel is thinking to himself, DOH.....
Old 02-01-2004, 08:53 AM

I was trying to think of something original, but great truck! Really, really great!
Old 02-01-2004, 04:31 PM

DROOL DROOL.

I love that bumper,congrats
Old 02-01-2004, 04:50 PM

all I can say is WOW......................... I love that bumper setup.............

Quick Reply: DTR's February Truck Of the Month