Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Diesel Fuel Prices!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 08:44 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If Kerry gets elected, will he be blamed if the price of Ketsup goes up?
Old 09-27-2004, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Texcowboy9
$1.75 here in Ft Worth area.
you going to that rally in Kerrville?
Old 09-27-2004, 02:16 PM

xp8103:
P-Pumps in the second gens are lubed with engine oil so your fuel doesnt need to lube the pump.
Rotary pumps in the first gens and many other diesel applications need to be lubed by the fuel which is why you would add 5% lube.

take a look at:
http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/FAQ/die...approved_fuels
Old 09-27-2004, 02:22 PM

Ah HA! Question answered. thanks ares.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:10 PM

bdramsey,

Since my post of $1.75 gal in Ft Worth, I paid $1.95 this morning. What rally is that in Kerrville?
Old 09-27-2004, 06:27 PM

I run B100 all summer. So I don't pay attention to fuel prices very much till now. $2.08 per gal in MA.
I wonder how much fuel GW's war uses. Must be a lot huh

Dean
Old 09-27-2004, 06:36 PM

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=50111

that is the link.

I live south of ft. worth, I went to a job thursday night at 9pm fuel was 1.82, when I came back through fuel was 1.92, I ended up stopping at the diamond shamrock on 35 and mcallister, paid 1.82, I asked her why they were cheaper than the others, she said that she hadn't got the call to change the prices yet. I normally would use that QT on 35 and risinger, they used to be cheaper than all the others in cluding the Loves at 35 and Garden acres. Looks like they finally got sucked in to the greed, thier prices aren't competative anymore.

That rally is supposed to be in kerrville, I guess that is west/north of San Antonio. I went to the lstdr website, and it looks like it hasn't been updated in a while.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:50 PM

Hey yall'

Here is a little excerpt I thought you may enjoy. It came from an article concerning fuel prices. The real scoundrels in the whole deal are most likely the fuel companies. ExxonMobil made $21 billion last year in profits!!!! That is alot of mula! I am still not convinced that our current government does not have some effect on the prices. Obviously someone is making some serious cash. And if the government does not step in to control the prices then it goes through the roof. In a way it is a monopoly. Even if there are multiple companies. We gotta have fuel in the U.S. And if the oil companies increase the prices by $.50 a gallon we are still going to pay it! Think about the truckers! $2.00 per gallon for a semi!!!! How does a dude make any money off that? I am just hoping the price decrease happens like the article below says!

"For George W. Bush the gasoline price rise is bad news. But the election is in November, not in June. By late September we can expect the gasoline prices to drop by 10-25 cents per gallon as cooler weather sets in. And speculators can withdraw from the market as quickly as they entered it. If the situation in Iraq stabilizes in the fall and OPEC's promised increase in oil supply materializes, we could see prices drop by another 20-30 cents per gallon. A 55-cent drop in the price of gasoline would be a most welcome October surprise for the Republicans.

Of course, if that does occur the Republicans would probably attribute it to divine intervention. "

The oil tycoons make their money off the common man. So who in government stands up for the common man?
Old 09-27-2004, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by DeanM
I run B100 all summer. So I don't pay attention to fuel prices very much till now. $2.08 per gal in MA.
I wonder how much fuel GW's war uses. Must be a lot huh

Dean

Ahhhh come on the war has no effect on the fuel. It would not be a drop in the bucket compared to the fuel used worldwide. Lets not start another rumor....

Wake up, its not GW's war, its America's war and it is not going away, even if the war hero wins.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Chapter President

Diesel fuel prices follow oil uphill
By James R. Healey, USA TODAY
Diesel fuel hit a record average $2.012 a gallon, the government reported Monday, up 10 cents from a week earlier as the price continues a steep climb that began much earlier in the year than usual.
The U.S. average price for unleaded regular gas, meantime, rose 5.1 cents in a week, to $1.917. The record, not adjusted for inflation: $2.064 a gallon reported by the Energy Information Administration May 24.

Diesel prices overtook gasoline prices Aug. 30; that usually happens no earlier than October and sometimes as late as December, EIA says.

Diesel and heating oil are similar refinery products. Demand for heating oil rises as winter approaches, just as demand for diesel grows as fall harvest season arrives. That competition for supplies drives up prices.

High gas prices attract foreign supplies and encourage motorists to drive less. The result: Supply rises, demand falls, prices come down. But diesel fuel is used mainly by over-the-road trucks, trains, farmers and other businesses that can't simply cut back.

Higher diesel prices raise costs of production and shipping. That raises consumer prices, cuts profits, or both.

They also ruin small trucking firms. "For every 10-cent increase in diesel fuel prices, 1,000 small trucking companies go under, and the trucking industry is principally small truckers," says Todd Spencer, executive vice president of the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association, which has 115,000 members, mainly smaller companies. He says there are 300,000 trucking companies registered in the USA.

As for heating oil, "The question mark for analysts: How cold will this winter be?" says EIA economist Jake Bournazian.

"Homeowners in the Northeast who depend on heating oil for warmth may be chilled by the cost of the first delivery: $1.75 to $2 a gallon, up from $1.05 to $1.25 a year ago," says Tom Kloza, Oil Price Information Service analyst.

The main push on fuel prices comes from the rising price of crude oil, from which gasoline, diesel, heating oil and other common fuels are made.

The price of a barrel of West Texas Intermediate, also known as light, sweet, crude oil, hit a recent low of $25.67 on May 2, 2003, then began climbing. It topped $40 May 11 this year and has flirted with $50 lately on the New York Mercantile Exchange. It was $49.64 at the close of trading in New York Monday, then climbed to $50 in after-hours trading as rebels in oil-producer Nigeria declared war on the government and warned oil companies to cease production there by Friday.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:04 AM

Time to start drilling an ANWR!!
Old 09-28-2004, 07:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Time to start biodiesel production! All I need is a venture capitalist to fund the project!

MikeyB
Old 09-28-2004, 07:49 AM

That brings up another question where lubrication is concerned in burning alternatives to No. 2D. What are the properties of veggie oil and are they adequate to lubricate the pump in 2nd gens?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:47 PM

I got a shock last night when I went to fill my Ram up at a no brand station here in Eastern NC. Diesel was $1.99 a gallon. It cost me a $70.19 to fill up. I did get 17.44 MPG this time. It is getting better, but still not quite as good as my old 01.
I wish my VW Rabbit was still running I could get 45 - 50 MPG with it. I could leave the big blue ram home and drive it to work and save a lot of money.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:36 PM

I am sure the oil companies are all making record profits, But man for man, I think that the Wall street type traders are making the BIG buck. Oil pipe line blown up, MIGHT be a shortage, the price increases 20 to 50 cents per barrel. Elections in a foreign country, Price increases another 20 to 50 Cents. Bad weather, same story. These traders make money every time the price of crude increases or decreases.

-------------------------------------------
98.5 2500 HD Quad Cab SB,3.55 rear A/T That noisey Cummins

Ken

Quick Reply: Diesel Fuel Prices!