General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Chryslers Advisory Board , Needs Your Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just thought of something else how about some factory installed switches that are prewired so auxiliary items can be added
Old 10-19-2009, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Grit Dog
If you're really from Chrysler and listen to this, I have a few suggestions. (I suspect you're not, though, otherwise why would you ask such silly questions? Never rode in a Ram or what?)
Seats.....been said many times....terrible. Can't imagine how bad they'd be if I weighed 300lbs. My 200lb EDIT barely fits in the front seat, wedged between the side bolsters. No padding, seat frame sticks you in the rear. Fabric looks like it is out of a Yugo and stains easily. Only + to the seating is the Mega cab seats recline a bit. Otherwise, my 2nd Gen Dodge seats and any Chevy truck I've had since mid the nineties has better quality/comfortable seats. Only truck on par with the 3rd Gen cloth Dodge seats for crappy quality is the 04-08 F150 work trucks. They must have got the left over gray fabric, but not the hounds tooth pattern!

Bumpers, it's not just a Dodge thing, are too thin! I know it's cost savings, but charge a couple hundo more for a bumer with some steel in it. For a reference, go get a 90's model GM truck and compare bumpers!

Thanks for building a quality drivetrain, but while you're at it, figure out why GM can offer a factory locker in the same AAM 11.5 rear axle and why their brakes last 2-3x as long in a comparable size truck (diesel to diesel, my 02 DMax brakes looked almost new at 100k mi, and my 07 Dodge will need new pads by around 80k mi).
We volunteer to do this after work, I normally work the jeep side, have own 6 and only 3 Ram diesels , a Y93, Y00 and Y03, CAB's .
Old 10-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by slow2run
We volunteer to do this after work, I normally work the jeep side, have own 6 and only 3 Ram diesels , a Y93, Y00 and Y03, CAB's .
If that's the case, you should have lots of info to pass along to your higher-ups or better yet, just have them READ this thread.

I have been a die-hard DODGE driver since 'the 60s.

But with the current experiences I have had with my '99...... If this thing dies one more time (currently on VP-44 number 4 at $1,000 plus a pop with 140,000 miles),
I can see a FORD in my future.

Pass THAT on to your manager.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
If that's the case, you should have lots of info to pass along to your higher-ups or better yet, just have them READ this thread.

I have been a die-hard DODGE driver since 'the 60s.

But with the current experiences I have had with my '99...... If this thing dies one more time (currently on VP-44 number 4 at $1,000 plus a pop with 140,000 miles),
I can see a FORD in my future.

Pass THAT on to your manager.
Well pass it to cummins and Ram, along with other seat and bumper input, Thanks for all the owner help . CAB's out.--- Ram-on ---
Old 10-20-2009, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Purplezr2
You guys know half things you mention will not happen due to cost
If you have the $ money we can work on options for you, wonder if the hotshot, long haul drivers would like to have a back seat that coverts to a comfortable sleeping bed ? CAB
Old 10-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
PLEASE,PLEASE, PLEASE ( did I say that enough?)

Try and stress to them the importance of making a truly FUEL EFFICIENT 1/2 ton.

Build a couple of mules with the ISB4 and let people test them..........

For the love of God, and a wee bit of foresight, Dodge could RULE the 1/2 ton market.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had a 98,2000,2004,and currently have a 2006 with 80K I have never had a problem as far as comfort. The 06 seats cloth is terrible as far as staining,and lets face it they look boring. And your leather seats are more vinyl then leather.

Here is a idea for your engineers enter the test trucks in some truck pulls for durability testing!!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by patdaly
PLEASE,PLEASE, PLEASE ( did I say that enough?)

Try and stress to them the importance of making a truly FUEL EFFICIENT 1/2 ton.

Build a couple of mules with the ISB4 and let people test them..........

For the love of God, and a wee bit of foresight, Dodge could RULE the 1/2 ton market.
Yes , we know, trying to get a new diesel engine for the Ram 1500 ,the Boss's will only let us know on or after Nov 4. CAB
Old 10-20-2009, 06:15 PM

I will summarize what i have now, and check back Friday. thanks again for all your help , one last thing would you long haul drivers like a back seat that can convert to a comfortable sleeping bed ? CAB
Old 10-22-2009, 07:54 PM

I will summarize what i have now, and check back Friday. thanks again for all your help , one last thing would you long haul drivers like a back seat that can convert to a comfortable sleeping bed ? CAB
I am sure they would but complying with DOT rules is a problem.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes it would be nice. it would be better if it was dot approved but i would still use it no matter what
Old 10-22-2009, 08:46 PM

I like the leather bucket seats in the 2009 Laramie. They have a lot more lateral support than the 2007.5 Chevy Leather seats. I used to slide around in the curves in that Chevy. Bumpers definitley could use a little more support. Better rust resistance and thicker material a must.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:39 PM

Be back next year for your input on our Y10 Ram models. RAM -ON . CAB
Old 10-23-2009, 07:42 PM

Hot shot guys would probably like a dealer option'd matteress for the rear seat area. Or at least make it possible to put the seat up and have it 100% flat so they can throw a custom foam one there.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:05 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Be back next year for your input on our Y10 Ram models. RAM -ON . CAB
Offer the 7/70 warranty again and I might consider it.

Put the lifetime powertrain warranty on it and I'll go order one.

A back seat that flips into a bed, al-la Freightliner buisness class, would be super-sweet.

I'd also like to see the wide axle from the 4500 class as an option on the one ton dually.

Quick Reply: Chryslers Advisory Board , Needs Your Help