General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Camping World Store's Great Oil Change Price!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camping World Store's Great Oil Change Price!

I have a Camping World Store about 15-20 miles from my home in San Jose, California. It's in San Martin, Calif., which is South of San Jose, on Highway 101. San Martin is about half way between Morgan Hill, Ca. and Gilroy, Ca.(Garlic Capital).

Anyway, they do all kinds of R.V. service, and I really like the store. It has a lot of items for camping/RVing.
http://www.campingworld.com/stores/

They have a small yearly membership fee that will allow you to get some discounts on all their items for sale.

Anyway, I went up to there vehicle/RV service counter, and asked if they do oil changes on diesel P.U.'s, and they directed me to a pricing sign behind the part/service counter. They do diesel P.U. oil changes for $44.99. Well, that really beats out my special Dodge dealer coupons that our $59.95.

Also the great price for the oil change is the same for members and non members alike!!

I asked what type of oil they use, thinking it would be Delo 400, or one of the other common ones. They told me that they use Castrol Synthetic Blend!!! Now that was a surprise! That's pretty good quality oil. I don't think my Dodge/Chrysler dealer uses anything but Delo 400, or Shell Rotella. It really stinks for the first couple hundred miles after my Dodge Dealer oil changes.

I asked about what brand oil filter they use, and the service counter person said, Fleet Guard for all diesel P.U. oil changes!

What do you folks think? Isn't that pretty reasonable?
Has anyone had an oil change at Camping World with their diesel TV/P.U..?

$44.99 is a heck of a price for an oil change. Only bugaboo, is that you can't just drop in for an oil change. You do have to make an appointment, as they're pretty busy working on all kinds of RV's etc. Right now the San Martin Store is booked about 1 1/2 weeks in advance for oil changes
Old 06-16-2006, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eightball
You do have to make an appointment, as they're pretty busy working on all kinds of RV's etc. Right now the San Martin Store is booked about 1 1/2 weeks in advance for oil changes
I wonder why!!!