Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Airlift NOT Recommended by Camping World

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlift NOT Recommended by Camping World

Just called Camping world to get a price on an Air Lift system. I was told they will not sell me one due to the large number of failures and replacements they are doing.

Guess I will be looking into other brands for my truck!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:28 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
No complaints with the Firestone's on my truck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2014, 08:50 AM

Just ordered Firestone Kit. I like working on my truck but do not need the hassle of doing the same job twice due to a failed product.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:53 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's very odd. I had my AirLift installed by CW and have had no issues at all....
Old 06-05-2014, 09:02 AM

When was it installed. They said this has been a recent problem and they are not willing to sell me a bad product. I can't imagine they are making this up. I am sure they would be happy to take my money!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:12 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

I am sure too. I just checked their website and they are still listing all this stuff.

I have a friend in the Vacaville, CA CW store, works in service. I'll try to get him a little later to get his take.

Mine was installed last year at this time.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My firestone bags have been on for 3 years and my 5th wheel hitch weight is 2500lbs and no problems what so ever, took me an hour to install them. maybe they have been doing something wrong ?????
Old 06-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Starter Sponsor

Wonder what issues. I will send this to my manager to dig into it deeper. Sorry for any negative thoughts this gave you about our products but we typically don't hear many complaints, and if there is an issue, our customer/tech support team is top notch. And please let me know if you'd like me to find a kit for your application.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably have a better mark-up on some other system they handle.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:33 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

I was able to talk to my friend at CW last night.

He is not personally aware of what was described by the OP.

His only observation is that the wireless remote stuff can be finicky but the hardware (mounts/bags) is very reliable.

So that's all I got from him.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:38 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I've had Firestone's on two different trucks. One was great,the other had an untraceable airleak. I removed everything and soaped every component under pressure.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:15 PM

My local CW did not offer any other option just unwilling to sell me the air lift. That is all I know so I ordered a firestone kit.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would just steer clear of Camping World in general, severely overpriced and a lack of technical/mechanical knowledge seems to be the norm. I am sure there are a few good ones, but CW is getting a worse and worse name every year.

I have Firestone's here and they work great, I do want to add the Air Lift Wireless remote but Air Lift is unwilling to work with existing on-board air systems. It's not that I can't piece it together, it's the attitude the tech rep had when I asked about it. I run the big brother to the ViAir pump Air Lift uses, so it wasn't a poor pump issue.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AH64ID
I would just steer clear of Camping World in general, severely overpriced and a lack of technical/mechanical knowledge seems to be the norm. I am sure there are a few good ones, but CW is getting a worse and worse name every year.

I have Firestone's here and they work great, I do want to add the Air Lift Wireless remote but Air Lift is unwilling to work with existing on-board air systems. It's not that I can't piece it together, it's the attitude the tech rep had when I asked about it. I run the big brother to the ViAir pump Air Lift uses, so it wasn't a poor pump issue.

Not true!

I made a post about this a couple years back. AirLift part numbers are 73003 for the manifold that puts air to the bags, and 73001 for the wireless controller.

I have this setup and LOVE it. I'm in the middle of going to an 8.5 gallon tank and removing my K3LA train horn, and replacing it with my K5LLA on an aluminium headache rack after some work to weld a mount on the headache rack and some powder coating to the K5.

Keep in mind this only works if you already have onboard air (tank and compressor).

-Kris
Old 06-08-2014, 11:46 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by HMX-1
Not true!

I made a post about this a couple years back. AirLift part numbers are 73003 for the manifold that puts air to the bags, and 73001 for the wireless controller.

I have this setup and LOVE it. I'm in the middle of going to an 8.5 gallon tank and removing my K3LA train horn, and replacing it with my K5LLA on an aluminium headache rack after some work to weld a mount on the headache rack and some powder coating to the K5.

Keep in mind this only works if you already have onboard air (tank and compressor).

-Kris
Thanks for re-posting, I copied it the first time so I could do the same thing but changed trucks and computers so the truck was gone and so was the link, looking to install bags on my 2011 3500 and will go with the airlift wireless, I don't think there's anything else on the market to compare with.

Quick Reply: Airlift NOT Recommended by Camping World