General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Best Dodge Dealer for Service in So Cal? (rear main seal leaking)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Dodge Dealer for Service in So Cal? (rear main seal leaking)

At my last oil change I was informed that my rear main seal is leaking. I have almost 70,000 miles on my 2006 5.9 & have read on here (and elsewhere) that this repair should be covered under the 100k mile drive train warranty.

I'm currently in Orange County, California. I can probably take this to any Dodge dealer (Huntington Beach Dodge?), but I want to choose a dealer to do the warranty work that has experience with the Cummins engines, even if I have to drive a few miles. ( I called the local Cummins service location and they said they are not allowed to do warranty work on Dodge trucks newer than 2003)

Any dealer recommendations? Thanks!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:31 PM

Since I posted this I was told by a local that a Dodge dealer in Downey and one in Long Beach both service a lot of diesel trucks. Anybody know anything about these?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My son has had some warranty work done by Glenn E. Thomas Dodge and didn't complain about it.....
Old 07-15-2009, 10:43 AM

Good to know, thanks!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:50 PM

I have no personal experience myself, but I have buddy that is on his second Cummins and he has very good things to say about the service departemnt at the Dodge dealer in Long Beach.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Thumbs up Rear Main Seal

gOT MINE DONE AT INGLEWOOD TRANSMISSION SERVICE YOUR HIGHT PERFORMANCE DIESEL TRANSMISSION HEADQUARTERS MIKE LOVICH 714-870-7300 Fullerton Ca 500 S Raymond Unit J He's the best , he installed my Suncoast billet trans flex plate and convertor, the guy in Downy is a last resort. 450.00 for him doing the rear main seal, make sure that oil not coming from a higher place. I had 200,000 when I had mine done! Grumpy John 4X4
Old 07-23-2009, 10:47 AM

Just like getting a haircut......He who holds the scissors makes the difference. Ask around for a good barber and you will get a good haircut. I don't care what dealership you go to your experience will be determined by:

1. The technician that works on your car. Does HE know what he is doing, is he clean and picky about his work, care about his work etc.

2. The service advisor that organizes the work/parts/loaner vehicle etc.

3. The dispatcher that distributes the work to the shop. If the shop just goes down the line and each repair order is given to the next tech in line you could have a rookie taking apart your truck. Probably not, but maybe someone that is not the STAR Cummins guy in the shop.

I would get a referral from maybe a local Diesel truck club or fellow Cummins owner. Or talk with the service manager of the dealership and let him know that you would like him most experience Cummins tech work on your truck and set up an appointment with him. Some dealerships work on a team basis. This means that there is a group of techs. that work as a team. This team may be coupled to a certain service advisor so when you drive up to the service entrance and this advisor greats you. You are automatically going to get his team of techs. working on your truck. Bypass this, park in the parts or sales parking spots and talk to the service manager first. He will know who his star Cummins tech is and can get you set up with him.