General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

ATF for Fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4) I also have a 1985 Mercedes 300D in which I use anything as fuel. I would stuff Rosie O'Donnell into the tank if I thought she'd get through the filter.

OMG I almost p**** myself when I read that..
Old 07-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still say that if you use ATF you are just plain ignorant about ATF, but thats your right. It dosen't mean I wont pull over to help if I see you broken down, or vise versa hopefully.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of COURSE i'd pull over to help you out. I'm just pointing out that my truck is far more forgiving than yours. If I'm on the side of the road, it's probably a blown tire- I wait until steel belts are making sparks at night before I head to my local llantaria for new skins. If you're on the side of the road, it's probably your fuel pump (even if you used #2 since day 1).
Using ATF as fuel doesn't make you ignorant about ATF. It just means you've weighed the facts and opinions regarding ATF as fuel and decided that nearly-free fuel outweighed possible negative effects that your best friend's uncle's third cousin's brother-in-law experienced. That being said, just because your sister's boyfriend's parole officer's grandpappy drove a million miles on brown ATF and gear lube and never even changed his oil doesn't mean you're going to have the same trouble-free skip through the clover. It comes down to you, some facts and opinions, and your wallet.
Every time I think of a $100 + fillup, I want to , so I'm willing to bet another tankful of B100 (plus whatever) against a catastrophic engine episode. So far, I'm well ahead of the game.
No leaks, no noises, nothing weird coming out of the tailpipe, injectors looked good 6,000 miles ago.
annabelle, I support and heartily endorse your position to treat that Thoroughbred of an engine with kid gloves. I would have filled the radiator with Holy water and filled the ashtray with Communion wafers when I picked it up at the dealership tp keep the VP gremlins at bay. I love my inexpensive, noisey, kinda rough-around-the-edges dinosaur of a truck. I know that NAPA has the parts I need. I know I have the tools I need. I know my wife will never ask to drive it. And I know the peace of a $20 fill-up. (I drove from Norco to Bullhead, ran around for 2 days, and back on one full tank and a 5-gallon jerry can. About $23.00). I can only imagine what I could do with a lockup convertor!!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets hope we can pull over and enjoy a beer, and not have to help each other out.