General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

2008 4500 & 5500 Dodge read about it here

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...07/036488.html
Old 02-07-2007, 03:47 PM

I like this part - "Maintaining its reign at the top of the heavy-duty diesel pickup segment, the standard Cummins engine generates 305 horsepower at 3,000 rpm and 610 lb.- ft. of torque at 1,600 rpm. The legendary engine also delivers superior fuel economy while ensuring durability and low cost of ownership for the commercial customer.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:06 PM

SWEET- - - - - Those will sell fast!! I can see allot of people that have had to settle with a 3500 Trading in fast on one of these!!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:52 AM

One problem with this -MADE IN MEXICO !!! Giving 2,000 Mexicans jobs . D/C is also building a plant in Mexico to give 1600 Mexicans jobs building Freightliners and Sterlings after putting American workers out of work . German company building in Mexico . No flag waving there .
Old 02-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RickG
One problem with this -MADE IN MEXICO !!! Giving 2,000 Mexicans jobs . D/C is also building a plant in Mexico to give 1600 Mexicans jobs building Freightliners and Sterlings after putting American workers out of work . German company building in Mexico . No flag waving there .
Your absolutely right about that! The rate of unemployment in this economy is absurd!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:51 AM

Yup, my 2001 is a "US" Dodge and has the little "arch" sticker in the window. Also, when I went and looked at a new 2006 I told the dealer Id only buy a US Dodge. He looked at me funny until I pointed to the vin number and the little sticker on a couple he had.

Only thing I hate about DC is that they're shipping factory work to Mexico and soon to China if I remember correctly (for some cars). Almost makes me want to buy something else. People should be getting a discount on Mexico trucks since DC is getting a discount on labor costs.

Well, thats my .02.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1
Your absolutely right about that! The rate of unemployment in this economy is absurd!
Well, Mexico has a slightly better unemployment rate then we do, but your right 4.6 is absurd!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:38 PM

Thats great! This, along with the CC model available, will help Chrysler compete with Ford in heavy duty work applications.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:08 PM

hey vw's have been made in mexico since the early 90's.what do ya do seems like the only cars made here anymore are the japanese cars.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:40 PM
JKM

Maybe if your unions had not over indulged themselves , the auto makers could afford to build their vehicles in the USA.... JMHO.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by JKM
Maybe if your unions had not over indulged themselves , the auto makers could afford to build their vehicles in the USA.... JMHO.
I agree with that
Old 02-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JKM
EXACTLY what i was going to post
Old 02-09-2007, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by JKM
Here, here!!! I have many of my customers that work at one of the two St.Louis assembly plants, and I can tell you it is a gravy train like no other. Once you get 20 or so years in done there you basically don't have to do anything but sit there and make 60-80 large a year, plus the best benifits in the world. Right now they are shut down for a couple weeks due to overproduction and all the union guys are sitting at home and still earning 90% of their normal wages. Everybody want to comlain about the automakers sending jobs to Mexico and over seas. Blame the union for holding the manufacturers hostage and pretyt much raping them. Our top paid employee makes $19 an hour and he is at the top end of the pay scale in our community. There are some guys living here in our community working at Chrysler making nearly double that. How can a $19 an hour man buy a $38 an hour mans product?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:17 AM

Ya, but how can a 0 dollar a hour man buy anything. The automakers signed the agreements on there own so don't blame the working man for getting what they can. I don't agree to all the unions do but X amount of dollars are going to be made and if the working man or women doesn't get it the top dogs will just get richer.
Are the prices going down cause they are paying almost no wages in Mexico,NO. Sure, a man spends 25 years on the assembly line and gets to a good wage. Coarse his knees are shot from working on concrete and his back is gone but that doesn't matter. Ask what the people shuffling papers in the offices are making?
When that man loses his 38 dollar a hour job the 19 dollar a hour job will pobably go by-by soon after. You ought to live in a small farming comunity and really see how slim money can be. There are no 19 dollar jobs only 8 to 10 dollar jobs.
I work only union jobs even though I am self employed. You are expected to be a professional at your job and give a good days work. Sure I have to drive up to 200 miles a day some to work but that's part of it.
Sorry for the rant but I've spent that 30 years to work up to the pay scale I have and no one complains about it cause I know how to do my job. Oh, and I don't get payed for setting on the work I do. Thanks
Old 02-09-2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by gwhammy
You ought to live in a small farming comunity and really see how slim money can be. There are no 19 dollar jobs only 8 to 10 dollar jobs.

Oh, and I don't get payed for setting on the work I do. Thanks
I do live and work in a small farming community. Most of our jobs around area also of the $8-$10 an hour variety, except for DaimlerChrysler certified technicians which are in high demand and low supply. If they drive another 30 miles east the can make up in the $20's.

I never said you get paid for sitting, only that I have witnessed with my own eye's UAW workers sitting and getting paid.

Quick Reply: 2008 4500 & 5500 Dodge read about it here