General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

06-07 power stroke reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hovisimo
there is no reason to choose a 6.0 over a 5.9, give Dodge a second chance.

look for a nice '06 5.9
New CTD's have a turbo problem http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...bo-faults.html
Old 11-24-2007, 04:31 PM

Your asking this question on the wrong site.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:07 PM

I know a guy with a 7.3 that hauls around 3k worth of tools every day and has made it to nearly 200k only replacing wheel bearings and 1 injector.

His partner’s business has a bunch of 6.0s with so many problems so they’ve started replacing the 6.0s with rebuilt 7.3s.

His brother has a 2nd gen Dodge that has a larger turbo and a chip that has made it to nearly 175k only needing a lift pump.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Muted User

I thought I refresh this old discussion since I stumbled on it while surfing.

Yes the 6.0 has a Tarnished History but it is a good motor if you know how to solve it's weekness, EGR Delete and Studs.
Funny how a Dodge Site you only here Negatives on the Super Duty. First off I own a 06' 350 6.0 CC, SRW 4x4 and have 0 trouble with it, now at 40,000 miles. Guy's talk about the Trans shifting funny, mine shifts better than any truck I've driven or rode in, Loaded or Not. The 5R110 is a superior trans to Dodge 4R80 and would prefer it over a Allison for it's ability to handle gobs of power, reliably and the Tow/Haul is amazing. I've put as much as 6K pounds of Payload in the bed (try doing that in a single wheel dodge, worse yet a Chevy, yeah right) and my truck hauls up mountain passes going 55mph without breaking a sweat in Tow/Haul mode. There are many with the 6.0L with over 100,000 and 200,000 miles with minimal to no problems. Go do your research or visit powerstroke.org or thedieselstop.com. I found it so coincidental that a Bias Site would no doubt have a Bias review.

By the way a Super Duty has a much more superior overall structure than a Dodge or Chevy, exc. maybe the Rear Axle, though Fords 10 1/2 is stout and clearly more than sufficient.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kanaks

Yes the 6.0 has a Tarnished History but it is a good motor if you know how to solve it's weekness, EGR Delete and Studs.
Funny how a Dodge Site you only here Negatives on the Super Duty. First off I own a 06' 350 6.0 CC, SRW 4x4 and have 0 trouble with it, now at 40,000 miles. Guy's talk about the Trans shifting funny, mine shifts better than any truck I've driven or rode in, Loaded or Not. The 5R110 is a superior trans to Dodge 4R80 and would prefer it over a Allison for it's ability to handle gobs of power, reliably and the Tow/Haul is amazing. I've put as much as 6K pounds of Payload in the bed (try doing that in a single wheel dodge, worse yet a Chevy, yeah right) and my truck hauls up mountain passes going 55mph without breaking a sweat in Tow/Haul mode. There are many with the 6.0L with over 100,000 and 200,000 miles with minimal to no problems. Go do your research or visit powerstroke.org or thedieselstop.com. I found it so coincidental that a Bias Site would no doubt have a Bias review.

By the way a Super Duty has a much more superior overall structure than a Dodge or Chevy, exc. maybe the Rear Axle, though Fords 10 1/2 is stout and clearly more than sufficient.
So - you with your "0" posts and join date of this month come on here, not caring at all who we are or what we are about, and go and try to slam us for all our "negative opinions" of the Ford and the 6.0-no.

Wow - that's really intelligent. Very well thought out. I see that you are curtious, concerned for others, and maintain yourself with a humble attitude. Thanks a lot for trying to stir folks up. Frankly - just shut yourself down right here and now. I don't go to Ford sites trying to stir folks up. Please do the same for us.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kanaks

Have you seriously been in the dark for the last 6 or 7 years? Navistar/Ford lawsuit.... that was because the 6.0's were flawless, right? Very few warranty issues with the 6.0 huh? The cabs on the Fords are pretty easy to remove. That was done for a reason. Do a search on the amount of 6.0's that had major repair issues, then compare to Dmax and Cummins. Oh, do those searches on the Powerstroke sites. Even the Ford guys admit how successful the 6.0 was. Sure theres some decent 6.0 out there that haven't had any problems, but I very rarely hear of them.... and yes, each of the big 3 have there share of problems, but none like the 6.0's did/does. Shoulda stuck with the 7.3 . Now that was a hell of a motor.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:34 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
This thread is old. Lets let it die now.