GADTR #40 Forum for the Georgia chapter #40

Greetings Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings Everyone

Hello,

Chris, Kevin, Matt, Mike, Len, and the rest of the Chapter, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Kevin congrats on the new edition to your family. I missed you guys. I was under the weather for a while but am improving daily, nothing to be concerned with just lots of stress, and I wasn't managing it very well.

The family is doing well and Asia is looking to apply to one of the academies; West Point, Annapolis, or the Air Force .

When is our next meeting? Do I owe any dues? Did you guys drink all the beer? What is our next project?

I have tried to sell the crew cab and have been unsuccessful so it looks like it will be a good candidate for a diesel conversion. Len, I have tried to find a marine 5.9 to no avail. I am thinking of buying a used one and having Cummins do a Zero-hour on it. I have questions. 1st gen vs. 2nd gen 12 valves and so on. So I will be gathering info over the next couple of months until I start working then out comes the 440/727 and in with a 5.9/518 setup.

Peace,

Joseph
Old 01-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Chapter President

Hey Joseph. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I guess we will pick you as our next project if you are serious about the conversion. Another alternative to a marine 5.9 is a 5.9 Cummins out of a Stationary Genset (a generator like the kind that serves as emergency power for a small office bldg). I may be able to find a lead on that for you. 2nd alternative is, lets just completely tear down your 12 valve and build from there up. check out the website cumminsconversion.com

nEXT meeting TBD.
Len
Old 01-23-2009, 06:24 AM

Joseph- glad to hear from you!

All - I got laid off from work and times are getting tight. If anyone knows some one in need of any home repairs or re-modeling - please pass my name on or give them my cell # (404)867.7332 Right now I am doing a bathroom re-model and need to roll into something when I finish it next week. I can do anything when it comes to home repair or remodeling. I appriciate you all and ready for the next GTG!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:09 AM

Chris, I will keep my ears open.

J
Old 01-24-2009, 09:15 AM

Hey everyone. I'm about to be in the same boat with the layoff thing. I can feel it coming. If anybody knows of ANY open jobs please let me know. I have a BS from Berry College but have done everything from office work to construction.

Anyway - Angelfire, where about are you in Canton. I see a good bit of Cummins trucks around here. One great looking grey first gen and a tricked out silver 3rd gen that I always see pulling a trailer around Riverstone area.

I'm either in my blue '01 2500 or a black '01 3500
Old 01-24-2009, 11:25 PM

Hi Blake,

I will keep my ears open for you as well. I own a 91 1st gen, grey, LineX bed, toolbox, & rear bumper. So I guess that would be me you see around town. I live in downtown Canton.

Peace,

Joseph
Old 01-24-2009, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by EQUIPPRO
Hey Joseph. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I guess we will pick you as our next project if you are serious about the conversion. Another alternative to a marine 5.9 is a 5.9 Cummins out of a Stationary Genset (a generator like the kind that serves as emergency power for a small office bldg). I may be able to find a lead on that for you. 2nd alternative is, lets just completely tear down your 12 valve and build from there up. check out the website cumminsconversion.com

nEXT meeting TBD.
Len
Len I won't be ready until the summer. But I would like to look at a few different engines before then.

J
Old 01-25-2009, 07:46 AM

I keep seeing this really bad a** blue 3rd gen 4x4 in the Quantico area, anybody know who drives it?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Chapter President

Race him Kevin... That'll get his attention.

Blake, that pimped out silver 3rd gen you see around Canton is Taylors of Taylor construction. I have a silver 3rd gen as well, but set up for work. My office is over next to cloud supply behind the Pure gas station. Come by and say hello...
Len
Old 01-26-2009, 11:58 AM

I was kind of being sarcastic because IM in Quantico and MY 3rd Gen is blue.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Chapter President

OK... Here is some sarcasim.... Fill in your sig so we know what color your new truck is. When you line up at a red light with me we will see how bad a**
it is?

Len
Old 01-27-2009, 06:26 PM

Len, easy brother! Im sure you could take me with the smarty and the trans upgrade. No argument there.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Chapter President

Someone has to give you shet!!!!!!! I like the name of the new color. Thanks for naming it after me... To bad we didn't catch up with you when you were in town. Me and Chris drank a few for you........see ya....
Len
Old 01-28-2009, 05:19 AM

Yeah it was hard to justify hanging out with buddies when I was meeting my duaghter for the first time. Now I wont see them again until Feb 14th and after that short visit not again until May. Ill get up with you guys!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:17 AM

Hey Len,

I think the cheapest and smartest way to go is to find a 91.5 to 93 1st Gen automatic as a donor. Then I can use everything; axles, tranny, TC, motor, cruise control, power windows, door locks, and power mirrors. That way chapter members can get involved and help rebuild the engine or anything else if they want. What do you think?

Joseph

Quick Reply: Greetings Everyone