Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Why has gas went down and diesel went up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Lonestar, I like your patriotic outlook but...I work in the oilfield service company business and can tell you first hand that some of the "non-opec" companies you listed below do buy from the Middle East. For example I have worked for Shell Oil in 3 Middle Eastern Countries: Syria (Al Furat Petroleum Company or AFPC), Oman (Production Developement Oman or PDO) and United Arab Emirates (ADCO). One of our biggest customers in the Middle East is Shell, especially now in Saudi Arabia. I will have to double check but I think Sinclair was just bought out by Chevron? Citgo is a Venezualan company and we all know from the news what is happening down there...

One place I don't use is Total (same company with Elf and Fina) since they are a French company. These guys are active in the places the American companies can't even get into. Ex. Pre-War Iraq and todays Iran.

So I think your intentions are good but almost impossible to live out. I myself am proudly running B20, which at least is a 20% product of good ol' American soybeans and supports our farmers!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sinclair is still Sinclair. Cenex, Sinclair & Sunoco are about the only remaining companies that do not import oil. They don't need to. There's plenty of oil right in these four states (UT, CO, WY, MT) + Canada to last quite a while.

Citgo is owned by PVDSA (Venezuelan govt) and it imports oil from the Middle East, but not much. PEMEX (Mexican govt) ships to the USA.

Buying at FJ? I've got news for you, most of their WA, MT, OR & CA stations are branded Exxon. And alot of Conoco stations are also using Exxon fuels. The stations trade out fuels. It's a common practice. So, it doesn't really make much difference of your brand choice, unless it's Sunoco, Sinclair or Cenex.