Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

What happend to diesel prices in the last 4 days?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to lunch yesterday and while sitting in line a the Taco Bell I look across the street and the Safeway fuel station and as I sit there diesel goes from 2.55 to 2.61 per gallon right in front of my eyes.

TRAVIST
Old 08-03-2005, 05:49 PM

Unfortunately it's something it's the price we pay for our diesels. I work about 20 miles from my house and by work it's $2.99 and over by my house it's $2.79.
It is so ridiculous. Only blessing I have is only filling one vehicle right now since husband's truck will be parked until feb.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:44 PM

I say we all cut off our cats and mufflers and drive around full throtle from 12am to 5am and wake up every sleeping sole in protest till diesel is regulated and set back to 15 cents under regular gas

Well I do that anyway but its just a thaught
Old 08-03-2005, 06:55 PM

Hah! CACalomino, you need a 2nd gen for that. Our stock 3rd gens (at least mine) are too quiet for that.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:42 PM

I dont know I have no cat and just a strait threw muffler and my bother says he can here me at least halh a mile. My captain told me it makes our international powered fire truck sound week
Old 08-03-2005, 08:25 PM

Yup, I feel you man.. I saw 2.98 at my local diesel station the other morning.. I drove down the mountain (I live in Lake Arrowhead) to san bernardino, and paid 2.71... Still WAAAAY too much.
Scott
Old 08-03-2005, 08:56 PM

2.45 in Northern IN...... up 20-30 cents in 2 days...... Around a year ago 1.59 here....
We are taking a &%*$ing by these oil companies with their record profits.
But the Gov't turns a blind eye at the fleecing of America.........
Old 08-03-2005, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the oil distributors are in cahoots with the new car dealers. Just today I stopped at my local Dodge dealership to price shop their '05 Cummins trucks with the employee discount.

The sales guy told me that when the employee discount prices started, they had 102 trucks in inventory on their lot with Cummins engines. Today they had 16 left for me to look at when I stopped.

I think the Diesel distributors know that with this one car lot selling 86 diesel units in the last few weeks, then they multiply that times however many dealerships there are nationwide doing this pricing and can deduct that with those kinds of sales, they can now ask whatever they want to for their diesel and we have to buy it.

Makes sense to me ? ? ?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:24 PM

2.13 yesterday in Lexington Texas... I am going back through there tomorrow and I will be topping off again!!!
OilGuy
Old 08-03-2005, 10:54 PM

$2.459 here in NOVA two days ago, and it hasn't moved.... YET. I drive 30 miles one way to work right now, but I'm looking at a place that is only 2 miles away! Imagine... only filling up once every two or three months

Of course I'd be taking trips, but STILL
Old 08-04-2005, 12:27 AM

You guys are still cheaper than us...I just filled up 2 days ago and paid 3.39, today its 3.47, I would hope it won't keep going up. I might have to run red fuel in my truck, I buy it for my boat and only pay 2.58 (I buy in bulk, 600 gallons at a time)
Old 08-04-2005, 01:37 AM

Well I was reading threw the fourms and got my brain working a bit and I was trying to figure out why diesel is so high right now compared to unleaded gas. Well for one alot of the supply is used for offroad diesel *red dyed* so that takes from some of the supply to the general public to be used for highway use. Then u have people like me that drive diesel's that dont haul realy anything at all we just wanted a reliablefuel efficient full size truck. Then u have teh auto makers seeing the market for diesel powered trucks and vehicles increasing now that they have made diesels some what more livable and far less noisey and smokey.

But then I start thinking of what realy matters here to the oil company's MONEY MONEY MONEY. I seem to think that the oil companys are making a statement to the truck industy and to the general public. They want us to use patrolieum rather than BIOdiesel. Now that the government put some 40 million dollars into making bio diesel a more common thing from what I read or heard on CNN back when this whole fuel crisis began. They see a loss in there pockets not much now but those greedy jerkoffs would complain about 10 cents.

I might be going out on a limb but thats just some brain storming I had and decided to put down here for thaught.

Recap
Possible reasons for price hike on diesel

1. Supply low due to more diesel powered vehicles being sold by automakers and the supply being divided into offroad diesel and regular diesel

2. oil companys punishing us cause they dont want bio diesel to get big or they just want to get some of the profit they lost from those using bio out of us that dont

-Chris
Old 08-04-2005, 01:44 AM

I thought i heard from someone somewhere that we can run on vegetable oil or something, any truth to that or am i just really gullible?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:02 AM

I use the www.aaa-calif.com website all the time to locate cheap diesel. I'll plug a few addresses into my GPS and if the station looks up to par I'll fill er' up. I paid $2.519 today at a new 76. That's up about $.07 from what I was paying at a different 76 last week.

I still get better mileage than my 4.7L Dakota and this truck is WAY more fun to drive.

Aloha
Old 08-04-2005, 07:45 AM

We'll we got you all beat up here in the north, ottawa ontario last night, $.90 a litre or 4.09 a gal. but then our gallons are bigger Earlier on there was talk of importing your oil from the middle east, but guess who is the largest single supplier of oil to the u.s.? Ya it's canada. Wait a minute, 4.09 a gallon, i think i just got robbed Sure is hard to figure out.

rob

Quick Reply: What happend to diesel prices in the last 4 days?