My WVO conversion system - Page 3 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

My WVO conversion system

Old 12-03-2013, 08:53 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have also used a handheld laser sighted unit and they are handy. I thought that maybe you had a permanent installation but the handheld probably works just fine. I installed a digital oil temperature gauge in a tee in the banjo bolt on the injector pump, that feeds fuel from the filter. I certainly see higher temperatures when idling, as compared to highway cruising.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:45 PM

I thought about doing that too but the temp that matters the most is the temp of the fuel as it enters the injectors. You could maybe wrap your sensor around one of the injector housings with silicone tape and dielectric grease somehow for that on the go reading.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:55 PM

My first "cut" at a fuel temperature gauge was a $3 digital aquarium probe taped tightly to the fuel supply hose just downstream of the fuel heater….. talk about cheap and low tech! I think I'll stick with the new sensor mounted in the tee on the IP. I can always use the laser gun and compare to the permanent gauge and get a good idea of what's going on. I have learned that the fuel temperature varies dramatically based upon outside air temperature and driving conditions.