Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

modded running bio

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 PM
lco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
modded running bio

anybody running 100% homebrew biodiesel in their modded trucks with 500+hp. was thinking about making my own kit so i started looking on here and i'm getting alot of mixed signals. don't want to hurt my truck but 100+ to fill up is getting old. thanks
Old 11-16-2007, 10:41 AM

I seriously doubt anyone will run b100 on 500hp motor. I have about 360,flywheel, and I do notice a difference in performance on 100 percent. I don't hot rod so normal driving I can't really tell a difference. I haven't towed with the current setup so I don't know how it runs. You should always start up with b20 anyways and go up as you see fit. I don't think anyone should jump in 100 percent unless your running older diesel motor.

Good luck,
Eugene
Old 11-16-2007, 07:45 PM
lco

thanks for the reply, and honesty thats why i posted this question to get an honest anwser.
so back to the subject. it would be strictly for commuting purposes no hotrodding while on bio. but this has got me thinking about running straight wvo on a seperate tank with a seperate pump and from what i understand you need to heat it up to run it. how would i go about doing this, is it possible on a new cummins with cp3s. that way i can cruise on wvo with the option of switching back to regular #2 if i want to hot rod around or for start ups in the morning. and whats the process for cleaning the wvo to beable to run on it straight. thank you for you time
Old 11-16-2007, 07:48 PM

I have my PPE Excellerator on my 07 Duramax and it adds 225HP to the flywheel and I run nothing but B100 with no problems at all. It's all about quality. If you know you have good quality fuel (fully converted, washed, and dried), you won't have any problems. Your engine will run much smoother and the smoke will be dramatically decreased.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 PM

Doesn't Schied Diesel run a 7-sec dragster on bio? That's proof enough for me. Running WVO with a seperate fuel system you just tap into the engines cooling system to heat up the WVO.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:13 PM

Check this out. http://cumminsracing.com/ I would think as long as you have quality fuel, you should be fine.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:36 PM

I run b100 all summer long with no problems
Old 12-16-2007, 12:23 PM

Anyone hear of any decrease in engine life when running bio?

I know it seems to clean out the fuel system...this would kind of lead me to believe that it will NOT decrease overall engine life in my cummins....

I have heard about coking with wvo or svo....any problems with this with bio?

Wvo or svo with separate tanks is very appealing as there is no need for a processor in the garage, no messy chemicals, etc...

Heck, SVO is the most appealing since I can prolly buy it in bulk for way less then current diesel prices. Get it shipped to my door. No fuss no muss.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by lco
thanks for the reply, and honesty thats why i posted this question to get an honest anwser.
so back to the subject. it would be strictly for commuting purposes no hotrodding while on bio. but this has got me thinking about running straight wvo on a seperate tank with a seperate pump and from what i understand you need to heat it up to run it. how would i go about doing this, is it possible on a new cummins with cp3s. that way i can cruise on wvo with the option of switching back to regular #2 if i want to hot rod around or for start ups in the morning. and whats the process for cleaning the wvo to beable to run on it straight. thank you for you time

i would say if this is the way you'll run the truck, then you'd be compleatly fine. as for the cp3 systems i am not well versed on them
Old 12-20-2007, 10:03 PM

I run my 04.5 Dodge on svo/wvo in a two tank system. I dynoed 411hp on WVO and 430hp on diesel.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roverhybrids
I run my 04.5 Dodge on svo/wvo in a two tank system. I dynoed 411hp on WVO and 430hp on diesel.

I will be doing this same test in March..My truck dyno at 265HP(as I could remember) with B100.In March the truck will be dyno with pump diesel.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by lco
You should fill in your sig with truck details so we know what we are talking about .
Then you need to at least look into the definitions of the words / terms [{ bio-diesel = is processed to be certified as a fuel = non of the rest can be } , SVO new vegi / straight vegi oil , WVO - waste vegi oil / that also includes animal fats / oils ] , I do not recommend , anything but bio-diesel , except some clean filtered WMO=waste motor oil [ from a good running diesel ] .
Some of the older engs , 2nd gen , are more subtable to other fuels , as they get newer fuel systems , they are more problematic .

http://www.maitlandelectric.com/truck/fuel.html