Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Interesting Sticker...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting Sticker...

Saw an interesting sticker on the pump at my local fillup place (BP) that appears to be new (since I didn't see it last time). Read something like this:

Low Sulfur Diesel - It is against federal law to put this fuel in a 2007 or later engine.... --- I don't remember what else it said ---

So what are they going to do? Have separate pumps for newer diesels?!

Anyone seen anything similar at their pumps?

Tony
Old 05-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=103050
Old 05-23-2006, 07:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know why they are fooling around with these new stickers since ultra low sulfur diesel (ULSD) will be required nationwide before the 2007 models come out. My bet is that stations that don't have the sticker are already selling ULSD.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by infidel
I don't know why they are fooling around with these new stickers since ultra low sulfur diesel (ULSD) will be required nationwide before the 2007 models come out. My bet is that stations that don't have the sticker are already selling ULSD.

I think they are already screwing with the fuel. I have seen these stickers at truck stops. It is funny how I can fill up and the truck rattles and runs like it is falling apart and have no power, run it empty and fill somewhere else and it is a 120% turn around in performance. But what happens is that I end up having to fill at another place and performance drops again but not as bad as first station. You tell me. I just see a pattern.

Mike
Old 05-24-2006, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by mraynor
I think they are already screwing with the fuel. I have seen these stickers at truck stops. It is funny how I can fill up and the truck rattles and runs like it is falling apart and have no power, run it empty and fill somewhere else and it is a 120% turn around in performance. But what happens is that I end up having to fill at another place and performance drops again but not as bad as first station. You tell me. I just see a pattern.

Mike
I have noticed my truck running rougher lately. I always fill up at the same place too. THere arent any stickers at all on the pump. Maybe they're going for the one size fits all pump.