Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

hydrogen conversion kits-real or not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hydrogen conversion kits-real or not?

ok i been reading up on these hydrogen conversion kits on the internet and it sounds too good to be true, but there are a lot of different companies out there making them so maybe it is true. i have heard of semi's using a similar system from my uncle who used to be a truck driver and he said that guys said it worked. but if it works as well as they say it does then why doesn't everyone have one?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are real if you go with someone reputable. Our state's first public hydrogen fuel station opened up just yesterday. It made the nightly news last night. Our capital city started running their first hydrogen public buss yesterday as well. Seems interesting and very promising to hear them talk about it. The problem is, there may only be one fuel station within a 3-state radius in some parts of the country. Makes filling up kind of difficult. The filling station infrastructure is not there to support it yet. There is no government push to make hydrogen the "standard", so there may never the enough infrastructure to support it. It may never be anything more than a novelty.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you talking about Hydrogen as your fuel supply or Hydrogen injection into diesel?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think you are talking about the h2o to hoh converters using 12 volts, if it is it is a rip off. it takes a lot more energy than it produces. perpetual motion devices still do not work
Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 AM

It is about RELEASING energy more that converting or perpetual motion.
Many claim it works.
25% to 55%. increases.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:42 AM

i am talking about wat carl is talking about. the seperation of the hydrogen in water using electricity and then somehow burning it creating more efficient way of producing power. they all claim increases, and a lot of the companies gurantee increases
Old 04-01-2009, 02:51 PM

I know many companies guarantee an increases in mileage but how long is the warranty for 60 second or 60 feet or until you ask for a refund and they say sorry?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:04 PM

Problem with hydrogen is it takes more energy to generate and pressurize it than it yields when burned. Same goes for all these kits people sell for cars. Where is that electricity coming from? From your alternator, which adds more mechanical load to generate the electricity used for electrolysis of water.
You cant break the laws of physics. energy is not created from nothing, its type might be converted, with a loss in efficiency. =(

Now if you used a wind farm to generate power and then use that power to release and pressurize hydrogen.. then youre on to something. But it might be more efficient to just use batteries? Youd have to weigh the costs for both.

biodiesel from algae is the best-fit for the infrastructure we have.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kawi600
Problem with hydrogen is it takes more energy to generate and pressurize it than it yields when burned. Same goes for all these kits people sell for cars. Where is that electricity coming from? From your alternator, which adds more mechanical load to generate the electricity used for electrolysis of water.
You cant break the laws of physics. energy is not created from nothing, its type might be converted, with a loss in efficiency. =(

Now if you used a wind farm to generate power and then use that power to release and pressurize hydrogen.. then youre on to something. But it might be more efficient to just use batteries? Youd have to weigh the costs for both.

Quit making sense.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 PM

thanks for the feedback guys i am just looking for ways to make my ctd more efficient and figured i better ask you guys(experts) first before making any dumb decisions.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by kawi600

They are not generating Hydrogen.
They are releasing it.
Prove it wrong, or prove it right!!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned

Just trying to prevent a member from wasting time and money on a proven scam..........believe it you like.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Chapter President

If you put and additive in your fuel and it improves MPG what makes it improve? You put 16oz of diesel additive in for 36gal and you get 5-10% improvement. Or you take less than a fraction of 1hp to run the alternator and break water down into hydrogen and oxygen. Then the hydrogen acts just like the additive you put in the tank and improves the mpg. Your not running the vehicle on hydrogen but just like the additve you put in the tank a very small amount can/will improve MPG. But just like some people see better gains putting a additive in the tank so the same happens with the hydrogen. Don't buy a kit unless you are located close enough to have them install it and willing to back up the claims they are makeing if any. Make your own cell, there's lots of information on here and else where.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by p0wd3rp1l0t
thanks for the feedback guys i am just looking for ways to make my ctd more efficient and figured i better ask you guys(experts) first before making any dumb decisions.
Save the effort on splitting water to improve efficiency and just inject the water.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Banned

Tree - What additive promises 10% increase with 16 oz??? Maybe once every 10 or 15 tanks of fuel you run an additive to clean something so you RESTORE stock mileage but there is no snake oil that will magically improve your mileage 10% tank after tank.

Quick Reply: hydrogen conversion kits-real or not?