Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

bio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bio?

Ive been lookin at this fuel meister2 system and wondering if anyone on her has tried it on the 05 or newer trucks? or new truck period. from my readings its suppose to be alot better then diesel it self in performance and lube? so will it kill injectors or what
Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 AM

I ran some Bio ***** Nelson fuel and it really made it quiet down, and seemed to run smoother.

...HOWEVER, after another week or two, and switching back to #2 since I was nowhere near a bio station, My fuel filter clogged and left me stranded. Plus it also gummed up my injectors a bit I think. Some Lucas additive helped smooth out my idle when I used it last tank, but the rough idle seemed to come back a bit after I ran w/out Lucas.

So...Id say if your running a new truck w/ new gas tank and lines, a switch wont be a big deal...but this bio diesel is like a cleaner/lube and breaks up the old gummy diesel in your tank and can cause probs!

From my experience!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

If you want to run b100 I would install a better water separator and a 2 micron filter. Dont use any fuel you make if you question its quality even a little. That set-up you are looking at looks very good. I personally dont like systems that do not wash the bio, I feel it does not do a good enough job for our picky fuel systems. Do a little research on the 3/27 test and always make sure your WVO or whatever you plan to use has 0% water in it. Use high quality KOH and fresh methanol and you wont have any problems. It is a lot easier to make it right from the beginning with the correct steps than trying to fix and filter bad bio.

I have been running B20 for 30k until my upgrades to my bio set-up are complete. Then it will be 100%
Old 03-24-2008, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed
Ive been lookin at this fuel meister2 system and wondering if anyone on her has tried it on the 05 or newer trucks? or new truck period. from my readings its suppose to be alot better then diesel it self in performance and lube? so will it kill injectors or what
ulta i have heard both storys on it. i love it my self. i have been running a mix of bio and desel i'll take the bio anyday .
Old 03-24-2008, 12:01 PM

So what bio can i run through my truck on a daily basis with no problem?

Does anyone make their own bio?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:04 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by zack birge
So what bio can i run through my truck on a daily basis with no problem?

Does anyone make their own bio?
1) 5% bio per your owners manual.

2) I make bio but in small batches now. I am working on a system for 30 gal a week now.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:33 PM

I have ran 100% in my truck and had no problems with it at all. I havent done this for a long period of time, yet but I will be running pure bio diesel befor too long in my truck because I am not paying 4 dollars a gallon for a by product of gasoline. Oh and by the way, for every gallon of biodiesel you use the government gives you a dollar tax break on it.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:20 PM

for u guys doing this where are u getting the products u need to make it? and will it void the warrenty on my truck? i really like to try it and the meister is the only thing i have found thats a kit. that will heat it and mix it. and from what i read it say's it will filter the water out and all that good stuff. says it will make 2 batches of 55 gallons but after u filter it all u will only get about 40gal of clean bio.. i would atleast like to run a 80% bio to save on fuel.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:37 PM

also will bio cut down on HP very much?
Old 03-24-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed
also will bio cut down on HP very much?
W1cked made 1137 on B100 and N2O. I would say it's capable of making good power.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:46 PM

I havent noticed a loss of power or fuel mileage but as far as the miester goes we just mix it in tanks and make it like that. but we mix it with the right ratios and filter everything as much as we possibly can. to make sure it is as clean as it can possibly be. Then on top of that I just got an airdog 150 to put on my truck to make sure that it is filtered and all that as much as possible again, coming out of my tank.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:31 PM

so what would be some good things to do to my truck to get it ready for bio?
Old 03-24-2008, 05:06 PM

I did not see it mentioned , but the manufacture says to add more water filtering , so it may be a good excuse for an Air Dog .
Old 03-24-2008, 06:34 PM

Hey matego what site you gettin yer info from? I'm in tha stainless biz and might be interested in throwin a set up together. Might have access to some decent sized used tanks pumps filtration and what not but I know nothin about it.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:00 PM

I havent had any problems with this myself but I have heard that when you start to run biodiesel you will proly have to change your fuel filter a few times because the bio fuel will pick up the trash that regular fuel has left behind in your tank and lines. This is why I am going to put the airdog in. For extra filtration and I need a better lift pump with my mods anyway.

Quick Reply: bio?