Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

$139 a barrel...This can't be good

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
$139 a barrel...This can't be good

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080606/..._ge/oil_prices

Someone (or many) at Morgan Stanley have a lot of stock in the oil markets

If these people would keep their mouth shut the prices would probably stabalize for more than a week!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would they keep thier mouth shut, they are heavily leveraged in oil. Oil was going down all week and they were in a position to loose lots O $$$. Make a prediction, boom INSTANT REVERSAL OF THE MARKET TO THIER FAVOR....
Old 06-06-2008, 04:20 PM

this is why I ran out and filled up the tank, most likely tomorrow it will be back up to 4.70-4.80....we were actually DOWN to 4.55! and i thought that was awesome....how sad.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tee
Why would they keep thier mouth shut, they are heavily leveraged in oil. Oil was going down all week and they were in a position to loose lots O $$$. Make a prediction, boom INSTANT REVERSAL OF THE MARKET TO THIER FAVOR....
You are exactly right!!! They were about to loose big cash and had to do something. That is twice in a row Morgan Stanley "Predicts" a higher price and BAM.... the price jumps the NEXT day
Old 06-06-2008, 06:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also add Goldman Sachs into the manipulation today.

MikeyB
Old 06-06-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Also add Goldman Sachs into the manipulation today.

MikeyB
yup! it's been going on for several years, and they've been investigated for it.
http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39136
Old 06-07-2008, 09:29 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Did the price of oil really go up or the value of the US dollar go down?
Old 06-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Chapter President

It's been going down for about the last two weeks and it was at a low of about 122 this week. It rose $10 and some change friday because someone said something about a weaker dollar or thought that a weaker dollar something.....kinda gets your head to spinnin when you know oil prices are down $12-14 and they don't lower pump prices then someone spills a quart of crude and AHHHHH!!! Up and away they go. I say investigate them, stick it to them........they do it to us.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
It's been going down for about the last two weeks and it was at a low of about 122 this week. It rose $10 and some change friday because someone said something about a weaker dollar or thought that a weaker dollar something.....kinda gets your head to spinnin when you know oil prices are down $12-14 and they don't lower pump prices then someone spills a quart of crude and AHHHHH!!! Up and away they go. I say investigate them, stick it to them........they do it to us.

Yup. I wish the oil and investment companies would be watched closer and the REAL information be given to the media. But we all know that will NEVER happen.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:04 AM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by infidel
The answer is "E" all of the above!
Old 06-09-2008, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by infidel
Went up $11 on Friday
Old 06-09-2008, 11:48 AM

They are "Predicting" gas will jump another .10 a gallon in the next 3-4 days With that news I bet it jumps by TOMORROW!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
They are "Predicting" gas will jump another .10 a gallon in the next 3-4 days With that news I bet it jumps by TOMORROW!!!
the key is understanding who 'they' are, and that their predictions DO move the market, and that 'they' hoard oil that was headed for the market, to artificially manipulate supply. investment banks are doing a lot more harm to us, than just speculating on future prices, and it sure helps that they only have to abide by a small % of the trading regulations, that the rest of the commodities markets have to follow (thanks to enron, and some politicians who agreed that they shouldn't have to be burdened by normal rules of commodities trading).
Old 06-09-2008, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
the key is understanding who 'they' are, and that their predictions DO move the market, and that 'they' hoard oil that was headed for the market, to artificially manipulate supply. investment banks are doing a lot more harm to us, than just speculating on future prices, and it sure helps that they only have to abide by a small % of the trading regulations, that the rest of the commodities markets have to follow (thanks to enron, and some politicians who agreed that they shouldn't have to be burdened by normal rules of commodities trading).
You are so very right.
The people that manipulate things are not at all worried about the price of a gallon of gas or a loaf of bread either. That is what is really killing us "Common folk"
Old 06-09-2008, 01:51 PM

I havent looked at diesel as I filled up 3 weeks ago and my truck hasnt moved since. I had to fill up the bike this morning. GAS jumped .16 overnight. It was 3.83 for the longest time but it shot up this morning. It was on the news that $4/gal for gas is about the norm. Im predicting $5/gal diesel very soon.

I sure hope all this hubub about the oil bubble bursting and prices going down holds true. Weve gotta have a break somewhere.

Quick Reply: $139 a barrel...This can't be good