Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!
View Poll Results: Would You Run/Pull For Pinkslips?
Yes
7.58%
NO WAY!
90.05%
Have done it and WON!
3.79%
Have done it and lost.
0.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Would You Run For Pinkslips?

Old 02-23-2006, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not just no but **** no
Old 02-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Chapter President

Its a cool show to watch but I wouldn't participate.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:50 PM

I would certainly do it with one of my 6 racecars IF I thought I had a realistic edge, but have to admit it would suck to lose my CTD. I guess the way I would have to look at it is as my friend does, as he tossed me the keys to his brand new Porsche Carrera, telling me to take it out and jump on it. When I said "No Way!" He explained why he was so willing......"It is fully insured, and they are still building them". Of course, he has about 100 times as much $ as me.......
Old 02-23-2006, 04:25 PM

Last season they had two guy's racing $10,000 125cc racing karts, the guy that lost looked as if he was going to cry. Can you blame him. It looked like it was really setting in as the show was going off.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Banned

I really like the show. With that said I vote No Way!...........But........Theres always a but, If I had a couple of mill in the vault, I would prob. build a CTD just to go on that show. When you have money to burn who cares.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rambunctious1
Could you imagine payin' on a loan for a truck that belongs to somebody else for the next 4 to 5 years? Just slit my wrists and be done with my miserable **** if that were the case.

if yer still payin on it, you won't have the pink slip to race with.......
Old 02-23-2006, 07:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TRCM
if yer still payin on it, you won't have the pink slip to race with.......

....in most cases. A couple of years ago I paid my truck off, at least to the bank holding the title, with my home equity line, so I DID have the title, but was still payin for it.
I know, it's a technicality, but I had to speak up.

Chris
Old 02-23-2006, 07:22 PM

for those that havent watched the show,,they are bracket racing.each team inspects each others cars,the shows tech team inspects both cars.a headstart is negotiated between the two.after each round,they renegotiate a different headstart....some cars have had up to a 5 car length headstart on the other.....this is insane,no way i would get into this....just because youre faster,doesnt mean you win,if you negotiate wrong...you could be getting had..................bama
Old 02-23-2006, 07:31 PM

There's noooooooooo way I would ever do it. Even if you had the fastest thing around you're still taking a chance that something might break or something else go wrong.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead

Although very nostalgic with the 'arm-drop' start.
and I'm sure MUCH cheaper for them to rent the track without electronics and track personnel.....

I'd rather see them run off the Christmas tree.
Less chance of one car gaining an advantage on a foul start.
'

Won't work with some of the races I've seen. The last show had one guy with a 7 car lead. Either he wouldn't be able to see the tree because he was so far ahead, or the other guy would still be in the staging lanes when the green light lit.

I've raced for pinks before a couple of times. Once I kept the car and sold it, the other was just to teach a dumb kid a lesson.

Apparently he thought his 90 Chevy stepside with a V-6 and 5 speed was faster than my built 460 with a built C-6 in a 79 F-150.
The sheer joy of watching Mr. Big Bad football player crying like a baby was worth the gas. Made him buy it back for $50.

Would I do it with my 02? Probably not since it's a handshaker. It it was an auto, I might.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well,

a time ago, a guy that had no clue about CTD!

wanted to do that! with his gas pick up (i forgot though, if it was a hemi, or a ford with a normal v8 triton) not modded!!!

against a friend with a slightly modded 96 dodge 12 valve.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:55 PM

if i built my truck myself and knew what it ran...why not? have confidence in your rig and what u built. granted, right now a honda could beat me but still
Old 02-25-2006, 06:19 PM

I wouldn't do it with my truck, but I've actually thought about building a car to try and get on there. Just use a beater body that's fairly light, auto tranny, and I can make a small block chevy run like a striped assed ape.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:32 PM

No way would I do that. I would race someone for fun, but no way would I bet my truck against it. Even If I knew for a fact I was faster. My luck; I would be building boost, and there goes the input shaft. Bye bye truck... That show is also about the dumbest show I have ever seen. What about when the guy broke his driveshaft int hat mustang, and somehow fire shot out of the hood?? Could have backfired out the intake somehow, but I doubt it. Ill keep my truck.

Eric
Old 02-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by gitchesum
Won't work with some of the races I've seen. The last show had one guy with a 7 car lead. Either he wouldn't be able to see the tree because he was so far ahead, or the other guy would still be in the staging lanes when the green light lit.
That's why Bracket racer's have to run off a tree that factors in the dial in "lead" factor.
The lengths are converted to seconds as one guy gets to leave before the other.

I ran my Honda SL125 one night at the drags years ago.
Made it all the way through eliminations to the final round.
I had to run against a 900 Kawasaki for the money/trophy.
I beat him.
Of course I was already at 1/2 track before he got the green light...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would You Run For Pinkslips?