Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Who's going to the Houston DHRA Nationals Oct. 14-15?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WUnderwood
I was the white quad cab that went #4 in line, behind the Duramax, I did 272'. the 'track' needed a little work, but overall, I was very happy with the results, but I do need some traction bars and some more hp
are you the one that bent the traction bar sat????????
Old 10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cgsafaris
that was quite a crowd pleaser!

whoever it was made a respectable pull...

you could tell a lot of guys had never pulled, but a good time was had by all (except the kid in the Duramax )
Old 10-17-2006, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by cgsafaris
no, that wasnt me. that guy drove a 1 ton quad cab red 4x4 dually, and he does a lot of pulling, I talked to him for a while. I have a white single rear wheel 4x4 quad cab.

the Duramax guy broke a few months ago in De Leon, exact same thing happened. he started turning the wheel and the tires didnt like it, and started their seperate ways
Old 10-17-2006, 10:38 PM

Scheid's Extravaganza, Thuunder@IRP, Houston Comparison???

I've been to Scheid's Extravaganza & Thunder In Muncie (IRP) and was wondering how the Houston event is, in comparison?

Scheid's & TIM were fantastic. I was just wondering if the Houston event compares?

I know that ANY event in the West is much better than nothing.

I wish I could have gone to Houston, this year. Had to work, though ( & I'm supposed to be retired).

Thanks.

Joe F.(Buffalo)
Old 10-18-2006, 01:43 AM

Garret just called me 2:30am 5th gear in the tow rig went out, his swaping trucks and heading rest the way home, hes in Missouri
Old 10-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Banned

wow...he cant even keep a tow rig together HAHA j/k garrett. at least he can just switch and finish the trip
Old 10-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigTXDually
So what do yall think of the Big Boy Black Superduty from Truck Source Diesel. Its an F-350 on 2 1/2 ton Rockwells and Michellin 52 inch tires, of couse its an extremely well built 7.3L Power Stroke with a BTS tranny. In the 1/4 mile he turned out an amazing 16.287, which is bad *** for a truck this size. Later on that night he was challenged to a pull from the Black Widdow pulling truck in the parking lot. And guess what he didnt back down one bit. After an extra 40 ft. of chain was added (the original bet was 20ft of chain hooked bumper to bumper) the Big Boy from Truck Source pulled the Black Widow about 10-15 feet, thats when he got greedy and went for the fast kill which ended up bad for the Big Boy. The driver of the spider saw the Big Boy loose traction and took atvantage. After the front of the Big Boy started to hop a little bit the owner threw it into neautral and the Black Widdow won in the end. After it was done the Big Boy reissued the original deal just for fun but they other team said NO, LOAD IT ON TE TRAILER ITS DONE. Then we replied OK, THEN WE WILL JUST DRIVE OURS HOME. Most people thaught that the Big Boy was trailered like the rest of the "big" trucks, but we drove it there and back from San Antonio.

http://www.rochesterdiesel.com/tug.mpg

i hooked up to a 400+hp ford V10 (not stock) with a service body that was about 9500lbs when i was stock and the truck weighed about 7200lbs and i got pulled about 40'...but only cuz i let off when my bald tires spun. so i guess i woulda won, but i let off cuz i was spinning
Old 10-18-2006, 08:46 AM

Always a hater in the bunch huh. I beleive the point was that a tug o war is more about traction than power, but still requires both. No one is saying the big boy should have won, but having to drive it home 3 hours played a big part in the decision to let out. When it spun it started to hop and then it was done. If you watch the video you can see this. The event was spontaneous and an absolute blast, and noone made any excuses before or after the pull. Already looking forward to next year!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Banned

not hating...

anyways can anyone tell me about that 60-70's style orange chevy that was at houston...what was the power plant under the hood?
Old 10-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
not hating...

anyways can anyone tell me about that 60-70's style orange chevy that was at houston...what was the power plant under the hood?
Pretty sure it was a D-Max , thats all the announcer said was that it had a Duramax.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My son & I parked next to that huge lifted F**d at DI on Friday; not my style but I sure appreciated all the work that went into it - it was a pretty cool freak of modifications!

I was surprised it ran so well in the quarter... in the parking lot and on 1960 it didn't look like it could do too much with those monster tires.

He gets my vote for having the stones to hook chains with Black Widow in the parking lot at HRP - San Antonio would've been a looong walk home.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
My son & I parked next to that huge lifted F**d at DI on Friday; not my style but I sure appreciated all the work that went into it - it was a pretty cool freak of modifications!

I was surprised it ran so well in the quarter... in the parking lot and on 1960 it didn't look like it could do too much with those monster tires.

He gets my vote for having the stones to hook chains with Black Widow in the parking lot at HRP - San Antonio would've been a looong walk home.

Hey why not drive something like that if you're not willing to put it thriugh the tests. We built that truck to drive and to run the **** out of. and yeah it would have been one hell of a walk back to San Antonio. Thanks for the compliments, and believe it or not we actually averaged 13.5-15 mpg on the drive there and back. Not to shabby for a big boy like that. Hopefully next year it will be even faster, or at least it better be faster. If you would like you can keep track of it on the website.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by roan
Pretty sure it was a D-Max , thats all the announcer said was that it had a Duramax.
yep, Duramax, and that thing was LOUD!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by WUnderwood
the Duramax guy broke a few months ago in De Leon, exact same thing happened. he started turning the wheel and the tires didnt like it, and started their seperate ways
Didn't realize it was the same truck... funny thing is that some friends offered him straps to tie the front end down.. and he declined...
Old 10-18-2006, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Bobcat, I have 3 pics of yours.....just shoot me a pm with an email address.

WUnderwood....I have 2 pics of yours. Again, just shoot me a PM.
Thanks for the pics! I will have some pics of the trip home posted later.

Nice meeting you!

Quick Reply: Who's going to the Houston DHRA Nationals Oct. 14-15?