Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

(WHOOPS) Wildest an Craziest thing you saw at a pull this year

Old 09-01-2007, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(WHOOPS) Wildest an Craziest thing you saw at a pull this year

I'd like to hear your stories. Whatever it may be tell all of us about it and have some FUN Heck if you have a pic post that too.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
96 GMC Burb, turning 10k rpms, left fender twisting for than the cab, and whooping the diesel competitiors, heck, it whooped them all!

That was in the all out class. Anything went except spraying. But the diesel came in 2nd and 3rd
Old 09-01-2007, 10:27 AM

Saw a guy I pull against step on the brakes at 20mph when he got the red flag, It was a messy ford and sled when all was said and done.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by LUKE-MM-PULLER
Saw a guy I pull against step on the brakes at 20mph when he got the red flag, It was a messy ford and sled when all was said and done.
Seen a Dodge come out of the hole, new puller, he got to bouncin' pretty good and stepped on the brakes, sled tagged the rear of the truck, smashed the bumper and wrinkled the bed side.

Sled operator walked up to "calmly" explain the intricacies of not using the brakes when you want to stop and explained that his truck is now trashed. To which he responds:

"That's ok, it isn't mine..."
Old 09-01-2007, 12:59 PM

I saw a red short bed dodge (sharp) little truck maybe a 4'' lift, had a 440 dumped under the hood lots of power and no way to hold the rearend under it . Didnt git maybe 12' from the line spit the blocks out the back, pumpkin rolled up knocked the bed loose,bed ended up in the tires and the tires slide the bed forward into the cab.Very bad day for this guy
Old 09-04-2007, 11:31 PM

I seen a guy put a brand new motor in his truck and pull it the next weekend and pull it back out with 2 melted pistons and the mains and rod bearings show excessive wear in 500 mile sucks to be him "sorry BOSS"
Old 09-05-2007, 01:38 AM

I saw a guy in a huge mega cab take 3 times to back up to a sled this weekend.... Followed after the pull by a state trooper saying "I'm going to give you two options son..." I think the statie felt bad from the result of the pull......
Old 09-05-2007, 04:47 AM

I think I might know who this is
Old 09-05-2007, 06:42 AM

Watched some knuckle head break his rear drive shaft on a 78 ford about 10 feet into the pull (you can't fix stupid), keep going till he stopped, then then backed up so hard he hit the sled, couldn't pull ahead after that. Had to be pushed off the track.

Not this year, but last year I watched one of these alcohol super stock farm tractors stop about 5 feet from the gate to go out into the road, good thing the driver shut it down about 50 feet before the gate.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by coreydr2003
I think I might know who this is
He's closer than you think......
Old 09-05-2007, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by JD730
Watched some knuckle head break his rear drive shaft on a 78 ford about 10 feet into the pull (you can't fix stupid), keep going till he stopped, then then backed up so hard he hit the sled, couldn't pull ahead after that. Had to be pushed off the track.

Not this year, but last year I watched one of these alcohol super stock farm tractors stop about 5 feet from the gate to go out into the road, good thing the driver shut it down about 50 feet before the gate.
Clutch probably was hot and grabbed like no tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by gotsmoke6
I seen a guy put a brand new motor in his truck and pull it the next weekend and pull it back out with 2 melted pistons and the mains and rod bearings show excessive wear in 500 mile sucks to be him "sorry BOSS"
Why does everybody got to kick the little guy while he's down. It did make 2 real nice passes though
Old 09-05-2007, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by blownsmoke2
Why does everybody got to kick the little guy while he's down. It did make 2 real nice passes though
THATS RIGHT at least u got to hook!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by blownsmoke2
Well at least you didn't blow it up upon start up..... I know a certain company that somehow put a connecting rod in backwards (how I have yet to find out other than they had all been drinking) and blew up the motor upon start up.... And just about everyone knows the truck too. I couldn't believe that when they told me.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ground Shaker
I saw a guy in a huge mega cab take 3 times to back up to a sled this weekend.... Followed after the pull by a state trooper saying "I'm going to give you two options son..." I think the statie felt bad from the result of the pull......

Go Figure!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: (WHOOPS) Wildest an Craziest thing you saw at a pull this year