Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

TEXAS sled pulls

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck is on the trailer ready to go but just found out today that I have to work that day, so who knows. If I get back in time I will but its a big job and its in Athins, Tx so I may have to stay the night. Its not looking good. I realy wanted to go. Its times like this that I wish I had a regular 8-5 M-F but It pays good so I have to go. I will be there if I can, hope to see you guys there.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:58 AM

Ok guys good pull hade a serious complication on the rules though. there was to be no hanging weights and it had to be street legal. Couple guys showed up missing both and still pulled and I believe needmopower won, correct me if I am wrong. I got blasted by some other guys I told to come because of the rules so.... They were posted on this thread
ok guys got a heads up on the rules today by one of the tttpa guys.
stock diesel is what he said. no hanging weights but it must be streetable, tags and inspection. as for the guys with twins and all its cool just street legal. They are working on a class division but this one is more for fun and tryouts to see what classes will be available. there is a 97 12 valve ext cab dually that is way far from stock and he always pulls. I tried to get him to get everyone there that wants to pull to let them and if there is anybody that feels cheated to discuss a alternative. This is for fun guys so come on down and atleast put a good show on and practice anyway. Pretty good bunch of guys doing this and they are trying to put a good diesel class together for all of you guys. IMO its a good start for a paying diesel truck pulling association.

Like I said before this was a learning pull for the classes to be avail. Now there is talk already for three classes, as follows street diesel no weights single charger no size limit and not sure on weight limit, next: modified street were 10000# limit hanging weights and single charger. Then open were twins weights the whole shabang is on the line. Dont know if these will be ready for deleons tttpa pull but it would help. There was three trucks that where NOT street legal two with no tags at all on the windshield( not even expired) and two welded up rears and one that should be in a open class but failed to keep his clutch together.
So as a fellow DTR man myself no problems here with anything just need to get those guys to set up rules, and classes and stick to them period.
J7
Old 09-02-2007, 03:45 PM

I need to get on some sort of list when the pulls are coming up in North Texas, I had to leave at 11:30 and just missed the trucks, what I came for! So if anyone knows where I can find all kinds of info on dates of pulls and stuff, that would be great! Thanks!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:39 PM

You missed a pretty good show! The first of this thread has most the dates but times are always tba so...
Old 09-03-2007, 12:29 AM

Well I wish I had been there. How was the track and sled.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:45 AM

the track was a little rough, but heck i didn't even make it half way both times, but had a heck of a time...
Old 09-03-2007, 01:16 AM

What time did the trucks pull? what was first?

How about some more pull's?

Deleon Sep 29

what else you got?
Old 09-03-2007, 11:54 AM

I'm not going to gripe too much in this thread, but if you want people to follow rules, then you atleast need to have someone at the front gate handing out a list of rules (such as deleon when you registered) or atleast tell the guys competing what you can and cant do. Once we showed up, nobody explained the class or weight limit. Hell, when they were giving me greif about my weights, one of the officals said there was a 8000lb weight limit for the class?!?!? A brand new 1 ton 3rd gen is gonna weigh more than that if it has replacement bumpers.
Classes are a must, but 10,000lbs?? I hope your kidding. The only people who would weigh that much would be 3rd gen flatbeds with welders and aux fuel tanks. My truck crossed the scales at 8500lbs WITH the weights on.

If the TTPA is going to get serious about these trucks, they should hold a meeting where all of the guys pulling can come have a say on rules (maybe an hour before a pull).
Old 09-03-2007, 02:55 PM

I agree with NeedmoPower Rules and classes are useless if no one knows them and no one inforces them. I know its hard to put on a pull and you dont want to make a lot of people mad but is it realy that hard to not let someone pull if they cant follow the rules. Just have a run what you brung class or pull and let anything go. Guess its all about letting everybody pull to make more $$$ and not have to deal with the people that dont know or follow the rules. I think it would be less trouble to have it more organised than one where no one knows whats going on (organiser or puller). Guess its not to bad for a first time. Still wish I was there. Hope everyone had a good time and didn't brake anything. Hope to see the vids.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:04 PM

Thats in the makings and as for the registration guy did you see him, he jsut wanted your money. They are trying to get organized. They want you guys to have a class of there own and for the plain ol'stockers and then modified street. All in all I glad yall came to give everyone a good idea of whats out there. I thank you if no one else does. I waited for yall at the gate! I think its cool yall drove down here. Besides you won money too! Next pull in deleon there will be a set of in stone rules so hope to see yall there too!
Jason
Old 09-03-2007, 03:13 PM

J7 can you get a set of rules posted for Deleon as soon as it is all worked out. I realy plan to be at Deleon.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:17 PM

Yes I will, got word from a guy thats on the tttpa more on the hot farm diesel side and he asked me if I would be a board member for the trucks? what do you think, since I know more than any of those guys should I get in and straighten them out on rules? If you were in Deleon did you see the red 1066 pull? If so thats him.
Jason
Old 09-03-2007, 03:22 PM

Do it. The have no prob inforcing the rules on the tractors and have it all planed out then just let the trucks do what ever who cares as long as they pay. Maby you can get it all worked out. Good luck.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:41 PM

Alright then answers my ?'s Will do hopefully! Just need all your guys input for classes or brackets!
Jason
Old 09-03-2007, 05:33 PM

is there a pull next weekend(7th-9th), Ill be in and around town. just wondering so I can bring out the ol' C&C

jake

Quick Reply: TEXAS sled pulls