Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

some pulling and some playing

Old 06-03-2007, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some pulling and some playing

i have 2 questions here. they are kind of the same thing just different scenarios.

#1. i want to truck pull my dodge this year. i know with everything stock 3rd gear 4 Lo is ok. i bought the diablosport predator/power puck stack. would the 100 HP tune be too much for that weight on the stock clutch? if so, would the 60 HP tune work?

#2 i know a guy that brags about his power choke and hes dying to get me to hook bumper to bumper. if i run that 100 HP tune and pull in 2nd or 3rd in 4 LO on black top, is there any serious danger of snapping anything? i know there is risk of breaking something when playing around like this, i just want to know how much risk i'm looking at. i want to really want to yank this guy accross the parking lot and i want to do hard to shut him up.

don't get me wrong i know the risks that can come about by pulling a sled or another truck. i'm just not used to having this much torque and HP and i like to have my ducks in a row before i jump at something.
thanks in advance for any info. anything will help.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:30 PM

there is no point of pulling with a stock clutch unless you plan on buying a new one. you will not come close to winning and you take a chance of tearing your truck up. wait and save your money until you can build it up
Old 06-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Banned

These pull offs are about 2 things...weight and traction. If he outweighs you, you WILL lose. If he has more rubber on the road, you WILL lose. If you have more power than him (i.e. turning up your boxes) you will be MUCH quicker to spin your tires and you WILL lose. If he is higher than you, he can unload the rear of your vehicles, break up your traction and you WILL lose...all these are determining factors.

My buddy has an '02 7.3l Powerstroke...he dyno'd 262hp/637tq...I dyno'd 424hp/879tq...tell ya what though, I wouldn't hook bumper to bumper to the guy because he outweighs me by about 5-800lbs and he has bigger tires...he'd stomp me as I was smoking my tires.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
every single piece of steel you can find, put it in the truck, best is IH suit case weights.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:24 PM

i probably out weigh him cuz mines a bigger truck but he has wider tires and would have a bigger foot print. thanks for all the info, gives me something to think about.