Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

My First Pull July26

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My First Pull July26 (video & pics)

i hook to the sled next wednesday for the first time. it's at our county fair, i figured it would be a good place for her maiden voyage,. hopefully i'll be able to take out these duramaxes around here. it doesn't help that kyle micheal and all of his friends from crank it up diesel live around me. do you guys think i have enough to out pull these duramaxes,we have a 2.5in(63mm) inducer limit, besides that the rules are identical to the DHRA. Kyle pulls in the pro stock class, but his friends have been winning all of the pulls in the street class here in ohio
Old 07-18-2006, 09:32 PM

I've got no idea how you'll do but reading your mods, it sounds like you've got a solid rig that should be pretty strong. The only thing I don't see is your gearing but I supposed you can work around that some with low range and different choice of tranny gear if you have higher axle gearing. I'd say you'll beat a few of them if not most of them. I'd think some of your success will depend on experience and if you make mistakes. That will likely happen while learning the best pulling techniques.

I haven't pulled yet myself but I will soon. I'll set my goals low while learning what gear, weight distribution, what to do, etc.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you do.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:54 PM

I think you should do decently, whether you'll stomp the D-maxs or not, I don't know. Like tiger rag said it depends alot on experience and the technique you use. How is the SPS 62 doing for you. How much did it bring your temps down?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:59 PM

Honestly I think youve got a shot But I would for sure bump the timing to about 22* or so.

jake
Old 07-18-2006, 11:54 PM

To answer your question: No.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
agreed find a blue bottle and go play!
Old 07-19-2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
what else do i need to be able to out pull the chevy's.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by halerazor
what else do i need to be able to out pull the chevy's.
A silver bullet turbo or a sledpuller 66. Someone mentioned nitrous.....good way to go on a single turbo..... if it's allowed....not terribly pricey either. Someone else mentioned advancing the timing some more.....don't know about that for sure. A combo of all the above would be awesome I'd think.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:00 PM

a silver bullet and a 66 are way to big for the class.the wheel must be under 2.5(63mm), no nitrous, water or propane. i do believe i'm going to set the timing in between 25-30*. i dont know of any aftermarket turbos for a chevy that are under 2.5 so all there power has to come from injectors and tuning
Old 07-19-2006, 09:26 PM

Can you run a reducer?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:14 AM

a damx can see over 500hp on boxes alone!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:06 AM

we are not allowed to use any reducers on the turbo
Old 07-21-2006, 12:51 AM

If you're running with the Enterprise 7500# rules, it's going to be hard to run with the dmaxs. They have the cubes and turn 4000 with a single box. They can also survive at hotter temps. I'd actually use a slightly laggy 'charger instead of the 62 and like the rest of the guys are saying, more timing! I keep adding a few degrees a day to mine and still can't believe how it keeps responding positively to the timing.

brandon.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:16 PM

Halerazor:

I'd say you've always got a shot. You don't have a chance if you don't pull. Remember that everything happens very fast and you really only have time to watch down the track and give'er! Read my stupid newbie puller mistake and you may avoid my problem. Let us know how you do and the best of luck. Don't worry about the truck, it's all repairable.

Paul
Old 07-27-2006, 06:46 PM

POURINDIESEL IS A LIAR!!!!!!!

i was able to beat the duramaxes and everyone else. There were around 25-30 trucks in the class. i was suprised at how it hooked up i was waiting for a violent engagement when the tires hooked but it was so smooth that i didn't even know the clutch was all the way out and lost 2000rpm. once i made it to the end it started hopping, but i figured i made it this far might as well hold it to the floor. when i came to a stop the anouncer said theres are new leader and the fans went crazy. i pulled 327 feet, 2nd place finished 4ft behind me it was a real nice gold first gen driven by an older gentelman. everyone else was around the 300' mark. i couldn't beleive it my first pull ever and i won it in my hometown and neither could those guys when i told them that. i won a tool box with a plack on it and $400.

Quick Reply: My First Pull July26