Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Missouri truck Pulling !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally getting something done i see thats a good thing! SmokinS whats the deal with the air shutoff is that going to be mandatory? Also are we running DHRA rules if so who is going to be enforcing them?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:07 PM

Perkins- there is no twd class, but you can make some exhibition hooks with us. I'd like to see that truck, got any pictures?

Satburn- as in next pulling season. The diesel class was never a sure thing but as of last night at the board meeting, it is a class!

Hooked- Yes air shutoffs will be mandatory. As for rules, we are going to be running last years DHRA rules. We needed a class in Missouri and we got one finally. As for enforcing the rules, it probably looks like me and my dad will be doing the tech checks, anybody wanna help?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:10 PM

RPM limit of 4500 Right?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:14 PM

All i know is if the rules are not the same as current DHRA we will have a problem everyone is setting up for this and running the same so when we go to bigger pulls we are legal..The New DHRA rules are out... RPM is the main the biggest change shouldnt be a problem... Also a way to check RPM would be nice...
Old 01-26-2007, 02:30 PM

RPM limit of 4500 will be in the rulebook.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Smoking S
Hooked- Yes air shutoffs will be mandatory. As for rules, we are going to be running last years DHRA rules.
Smokin'

How will you handle new pullers that are "walk ons" and no air shunts installed? Also, you mention we're pulling for points? I am not a member of your association, will I need to be before I hook? Will non-members strictly pull exhibition then and not be able to collect prize monies? Hooked is right there are 2 key changes to this year's DHRA SD class, those being Exhaust and RPM Limit.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Thats cool i will tell you what im getting very anxious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:39 PM

No I don,t have any pic yet have the rolling chassi in the trailer.the fiberglass body is made have to go pick it up 2007 Dodge Ram.
Dale
Old 01-26-2007, 02:57 PM

Smokin- You want me to talk to Matt about teching i think he would be darn good at it.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:40 PM

satburn- new pullers will be allowed to pull once without an airshut off, but if they show up to another pull, they will have to have a functional air shut off. To pull, everyone has to be a member. This is a 75 dollar fee used to cover insurance costs. What is the change to the exhaust in the SD class?

Hooked- ya we're always looking for some help. It takes alot of time and work to put these shows on. Matt is very knowledgeable and would be a great help.

To enforce the rpm limit, we were thinking about doing it the same way we do our limited rpm tractors. We use a tach box that reads the rpm going down the track. You have to buy a magnetic sensor kit from Scheid Diesel and run an electrical cord from the sensor to the back of your truck to plug into the tach box. What do you guys think about that?
Old 01-26-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Smoking S
satburn- new pullers will be allowed to pull once without an airshut off, but if they show up to another pull, they will have to have a functional air shut off. To pull, everyone has to be a member. This is a 75 dollar fee used to cover insurance costs. What is the change to the exhaust in the SD class?

Hooked- ya we're always looking for some help. It takes alot of time and work to put these shows on. Matt is very knowledgeable and would be a great help.

To enforce the rpm limit, we were thinking about doing it the same way we do our limited rpm tractors. We use a tach box that reads the rpm going down the track. You have to buy a magnetic sensor kit from Scheid Diesel and run an electrical cord from the sensor to the back of your truck to plug into the tach box. What do you guys think about that?
And I quote:

Exhaust:
All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. The exhaust must exit rearward of the driver's compartment. Stacks exiting through the hood or fenderwell are prohibited. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is practical.

I take that to mean we either have to run stacks, or get an awesome looking tip for our stock exhaust that turns up. Nothing like puking black soot up your bed side.

I got no problem with installing the pickup for the tach.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:39 AM

The only thing i dont like about the tach pickup is the rules state free revs. a truck that pulls down the track @ 4500RPM can free rev to 5000+ know what i mean? Not that big of deal but its still off from what we are trying to accomplish.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:15 AM

So when is the first pull?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:01 PM

????????????????????
Old 01-29-2007, 04:02 PM

Fun day ( Test and Tune) is in the first part of May. It's not a points pull but its a fun time and a good time to get your truck tuned in. The Schedule is not out yet, but Richland is usually our first pull and it was on Saturday May 20th last year. Our website is www.mmttpainc.com, if you wanna check it out.

Quick Reply: Missouri truck Pulling !!!