Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

I wish I had bought a SB clutch now

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 1st pull with all my mods

Last Night was the first pull of the season. So I finally got to see how the old girl would pull with the mods I've done since last year. I was very impressed that I could pull in Hi 1st and not run out of power in the 7500lb SS diesel class, which I did win. I'll try to post the video if anybody wants to see it. Anyway I thought in the 8500lb class I would try Hi 2nd, which I got 4th cause I was 1300lbs light, and low and behold the Luks clutch just wouldn't hold the power, so I think I'll pull this clutch for the season and get a SB clutch for next year.

Last edited by LUKE-MM-PULLER; 06-24-2007 at 02:45 AM. Reason: put in a video link
Old 06-23-2007, 10:10 PM

Post the video.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:23 AM

http://video.thedieselgarage.com/vid...57000b6f7f.htm here is the link to the video. Its at nite so it might be hard to see.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:49 AM

PourinDiesel I used to date a girl from franklin indiana. her name was Mandy Clements. maybe you know her.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Whatever you get, just make sure it's a double-disc type.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:32 PM

Now nick, don't be givin anyone advice after your showing at beaver springs... Rev... Rev... Kaboom!
Old 06-24-2007, 05:21 PM

I think we need a sticky that says " Do not under any circumstance try to pull with anything but a PULLING CLUTCH" I get alot of people who say they can't wait till they get their centerforce or Zoom or luk clutch in so that they can go pull
Old 06-24-2007, 08:47 PM

Yeah now I wish I would have spent the extra money now. I have a Luk Pro Gold clutch already, NOT HAPPY WITH IT right now.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by 24valvepuller
I think we need a sticky that says " Do not under any circumstance try to pull with anything but a PULLING CLUTCH" I get alot of people who say they can't wait till they get their centerforce or Zoom or luk clutch in so that they can go pull
Yeah, that used to be me, when i was 12!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:52 PM

The Pro Gold isn't a bad clutch at all, just needs to be driven with sanity. Which in essence, means no fun! Basically just a streetdog which occasionally wizzes on the fire hydrants.

Ground Shaker, Hey that was free advice on just what a stock output shaft will take from a 20plus psi launch that night, ..I still havn't gotten back down to see what it really runs, there's a chance though this coming Fri. Everyone knows that them pieces of billet aren't cheap, that's why two weeks earlier when i snapped the input I said i would just wait for the output to go and tackle it then.. The story goes on
Old 06-24-2007, 10:34 PM

LMAO Yea, they cost a bit Nick lol but you were on the line busted and Steve was on the line and couldn't start! I thought "Man I get all these guys together to put on a show and they break!" Bob was trying to figure out what happened to ya and I knew right away.... I do remember say just about 20 mins earlier "Man, I'd rather have billet in there" to ya... Sorry about that jinx
Old 06-25-2007, 01:21 PM

Hey ground shaker, you got any word on the springfield local pulls yet. I'm still wanting to try mine out but dont know where to look in the area. I assumed the pulling sites will only list national points events and so forth.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by LUKE-MM-PULLER
Yeah now I wish I would have spent the extra money now. I have a Luk Pro Gold clutch already, NOT HAPPY WITH IT right now.
I had one in my 05 it was a joke. south bend is where its at. my truck was street driven and it had to be redone and needed it again when I traded it in it was slipping. the luk was something I wont buy again
Old 06-25-2007, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by LUKE-MM-PULLER
PourinDiesel I used to date a girl from franklin indiana. her name was Mandy Clements. maybe you know her.
I went to franklin high school how old was she?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by tristan21
Hey ground shaker, you got any word on the springfield local pulls yet. I'm still wanting to try mine out but dont know where to look in the area. I assumed the pulling sites will only list national points events and so forth.
I haven't been able to figure it all out right now however once I get out there I will start to look into it even more. Mcoleman has been a big help to me and he is just outside of Republic. I got a couple buddies trucks I got to work on and once we them done we will be heading out to see what we can break....

Quick Reply: I wish I had bought a SB clutch now