Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Gaston, Indiana Aug 10

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TAZMAN10
Wow, I heard there was a topic about my truck over here so I came over to check it out.

To the guy who said I blew him off....I appologize because I'm not like that and I must have had something on my mind at the time.

The only time my truck has had Nitrous was at the Diesel Power Challenge and we melted 2 pistons prior to the events so we did not use it at the challenge. We had a wounded motor at the challenge.

Mark (Danville Performance) and I repaired the motor 3 times do to finding the limits of the stock internals and saving everyone else a lot of money. We bent the rods first at approx 680HP. We upgraded the rods and broke a piston at approx 740HP. We had So-Cal diesel make us custom pistons and it was all ok until the issue at the Diesel Power Challenge. The motor will make over 800HP on a load cell dyno but we only use the dyno to tune with. The #'s don't concern us as long as we keep increasing them.

I'm usually very open with what is in the truck and I run #2 diesel only. We have a good running truck right now but I don't think we have the strongest one. There will be a lot of strong trucks at Sheids but hopefully we can get in the top 10 or so.

I hope that clarrifies some things.

Ric

10-4 Ric I was the one that got you your extra weight out of the trailer, I knew that you said you put nitrous on in Utah but wernt using it now. I dont think Rat was trying to start anything he didnt hear the whole story I say if your truck runs that good without nos then you dont need it. We are not the kinda guys that start making excuses when we get beat fair and square. Thanks
Old 08-14-2007, 11:57 AM

All you guys seemed nice and I was looking for forward to having a couple of beverages and talking shop but I knew we had 2 hooks the next day so we had to get going.

I've been lucky enough to have really good sponsers who helped us get all the issues figured out and now we are seeing some of the benifits of the hard work. The guys at Danville Performance and myself performed a couple of 36-42 hour straight engine repairs to get the truck back up and running. I'm praying those days are behind us!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:34 PM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

Ric, thanks for coming over and clearing stuff up. I thought you used n2o all the time. However do not take my comment as a low blow because it was nothing like that at all!!!! it was just a funny comment.

Shaun
Old 08-14-2007, 01:08 PM

No offense taken! We all want to run good and we all work hard at it but it is the rivalry that puts butts in the stands.

The guy who said he hated my rims really had to dig deep to be a hater!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:37 PM

Ric had a nice pull, sure put it to us! Its good to see a duramax running that good!!!!!!!!!
I figured some one would have got a few videos from the gaston pull
Old 08-14-2007, 04:29 PM

We have video but no way to put them on the net.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinDodge12V
We have video but no way to put them on the net.
Jesse,
Any dvd format video you ever want posted on the net just send me a copy.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 PM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

Originally Posted by TAZMAN10
No offense taken! We all want to run good and we all work hard at it but it is the rivalry that puts butts in the stands.

The guy who said he hated my rims really had to dig deep to be a hater!!!
I owe you a beverage still lol
Old 08-15-2007, 01:25 AM

[I've been lucky enough to have really good sponsers who helped us get all the issues figured out and now we are seeing some of the benifits of the hard work. The guys at Danville Performance and myself performed a couple of 36-42 hour straight engine repairs to get the truck back up and running. I'm praying those days are behind us!!![/QUOTE]

I dynoed at the dyno day that danville performance had and there where really nice people. they were taking the outside tires off for the dually guys which I thought was pretty cool. I called them recently to see if they were having another dyno day and they said they planned on it. to clarifiy I dont like H2 wheels on any truck, but thats my opinion. I have guys tell me they dont like my wheels but they dont pay the payments either. I asked you about your mods at the danville truck pull last year. I asked you what programming you were running ppe or something and you just said they dont make a ppe for this. if you didnt want to list your mods thats your business. I dont have a built motor and dual cp3s but Ive got thousands invested in my truck also. I know its not cheap to build a nice truck