Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Crandall Tx. Pulls-Dyno-Race???

Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crandall Tx. Pulls-Dyno-Race???

I called to see if it has been cancelled due to the rain ect. The number 972-474-2600 has been disconnected. Does anyone know if it is still on for the 10th or not?????
Old 10-08-2009, 11:29 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Far as I know, this is all still a go. The weather looks fine for Saturday, just looks like we'll be getting a bunch of rain tonight and early morning on Friday.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:46 AM

I talked to friend about 20 miles down the road from there and he said it's too wet to get in the fields, still has water standing. I looked at the race track and it looks like black land, when it gets wet its slick and gooey and takes a while to dry. I could see the races and dyno going but not sure about the pulls.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:07 PM

I imagine if they have their way, they'll be working on the sled track starting tomorrow to get it dried out. The sled guys have said they can work up a track even if it flooded the night before, it's all about prep. I guess we'll see.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:08 AM

Well I decided not to go since their phone was disconnected and they wouldn't email me back on weather and track conditions. How did it go? Did they pull after all the rain they got Fri.?
Old 10-12-2009, 09:51 AM

No pulls on Saturday. They announced it in the afternoon on Saturday that there wouldn't be any due to the ground being too wet. But I also saw over on CompD that they said there were utility cables buried about a foot below the surface where they were going to pull so they couldn't dig down to prep a good track anyway.

It's a really nice track. Great sound system that you can hear no matter where you are at. They had a few technical issues with the tree, but they got them worked out.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:01 AM

You live in Giddings? Did anybody put up any big numbers on the dyno?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RollinCoalSmoke
............... Did anybody put up any big numbers on the dyno?
I don't think they had a dyno either. Just drag racing. I was there. It was fun, nice track. They have a few bugs to work out, but definately worth going back.

I did my first 1/4 mile drag race since I got my built trans...and ran a 13.277. I was thrilled......given my slow r/ts, 8390lb truck weight, and few mods.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:52 PM

i froze my azz off...all i brought was my carhartt jacket. i was dissapointed though. not that many in the quick diesel class and no sled pulling or a dyno either. but i will have to admit they did have a nice facility.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:12 AM

I was kinda afraid it was going to be dissapointing. They wouldn't answer the email to let us know if anything was going to happen, and the phone had been disconnected so I figured something was up. Maybe they will get it fixed and ready for next year.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:52 AM

Yea weather played a big part of not getting the different functions to work there but we tried to put on as many as we could to give the guys who did come a good diesel event!

The number you gave seems to be working now! Should have contacted NADM since we rented the track for the day!

Next year we'll move the date a little closer to September and work on getting good weather!

It did show the track owner the potential of diesel motorsports and he wants to work on a permanent sled track with drain tubes so it would stay dry!

By not coming (understandable), you may have helped yourself and saved some coin but the others that did show and supported the sport which helps in deciding to come back and support Texas for diesel motorsports! Look how it convinced the track owner to help us for next year!

A bit overcast and cool but everyone seem to have a great time and had fun!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:55 AM

I would have came. As for contacting them I did what I could. I contacted you also by pm on this forum. Nobody contacted me back. It's approximately 200 miles from me to there. If I could have known what events were to take place I could have brought a puller or a race truck. I don't have a race truck but a friend wanted to come and race his but he didn't want to come and not be an event. We're not raggin on you or the owners what we wanted was some communication is all. But as they say always next year. If you put on another next year i'm sure you will see 8 or 10 of us. Anyways glad it turned out ok for everyone and seems everyone had fun that's all that counts.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nadmmarketman
Yea weather played a big part of not getting the different functions to work there but we tried to put on as many as we could to give the guys who did come a good diesel event!

The number you gave seems to be working now! Should have contacted NADM since we rented the track for the day!

Next year we'll move the date a little closer to September and work on getting good weather!

It did show the track owner the potential of diesel motorsports and he wants to work on a permanent sled track with drain tubes so it would stay dry!

By not coming (understandable), you may have helped yourself and saved some coin but the others that did show and supported the sport which helps in deciding to come back and support Texas for diesel motorsports! Look how it convinced the track owner to help us for next year!

A bit overcast and cool but everyone seem to have a great time and had fun!

I beg to differ on changing the date to earlier. Sure it was a little bit cool, overcast and windy that day. But it could have just as easily have been 95 degrees and a sunburning sun with no shade (like at the dyno day in Denton in June). If you back it up to September we are more likely to be "HOT". I think the date you picked for this year's event was right on. Personally, I'd rather err on the side of coolness....than blistering heat. Im sure the trucks would vote that way too!

Dang, what is hard about the statement........WEAR A JACKET!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:23 PM

I was wearing a jacket and it was considerably warmer than up north! Again great crowd and showing we are already planning next year!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:52 PM

How about March?