Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Alvarado TX sled pulls!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alvarado TX sled pulls!!

Thought I'd put up the offical thread..Feburary 23 Tractors pull 9:00 AM to around 7:00 PM yes all day not my doing just helping, but if ya want to make a day of it come for all if your comin for truck pulls be there @ 5pm for registration and watch the tractors..

Participans need to be there by 5pm to register and prep there trucks. Oh yah It's going to be a little different this time, everyone will have to pay at the gate and pullers will receive their tech cards at the gate and will pay at the registration table. every one will receive wrist bans, so please wear them so the gate guards will know you have paid...
Old 01-16-2008, 10:45 PM
BBA

Had a blast last year. Buck do you know how many antique tractors are going to show? Depending We could probably bring about 5 could bring more but run out of trailers.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Should be fun! Looking forward to coming and watching the action (and carnage). Should be several N. Tex DTR guys there. Save us some RV hookups plz.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by BBA
Had a blast last year. Buck do you know how many antique tractors are going to show? Depending We could probably bring about 5 could bring more but run out of trailers.
With the HWH sled.. usually about 50 Antiques.. but I would expect more at the Diamond W... A good drive for you.. but there's an indoor pull (Antiques) in Glen Rose early in Feb.. Not sure if we'll make it to Glen Rose...
If I can get the engine together, I should have both G's on the Feb 23rd..
Bryan
Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 AM

from what I understand there should be quite a few antique tractors and I think the Hot rods will be there too...
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 PM

I hope to have my M back together by then.....provided it is just a head gasket. Tear down is this weekend. Do any of you guys know if Jeff's turbo alkie tractor is still together? There was another turbo tractor, 560 I think, last year, so I am hoping for a class this year....if we could all stay together for a few pulls we could get some interest.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by JDGnut
With the HWH sled.. usually about 50 Antiques.. but I would expect more at the Diamond W... A good drive for you.. but there's an indoor pull (Antiques) in Glen Rose early in Feb.. Not sure if we'll make it to Glen Rose...
If I can get the engine together, I should have both G's on the Feb 23rd..
Bryan

Both?? Is the big G gonna have paint? My lil M is still in black primer....this cummins swap has tapped the shop time card(wife checks religously) and bank account .
Old 01-18-2008, 11:31 PM

I havent hear about Jeff's tractor... (but I got his cell number if you want it.. haha..) Yea.. I got a start on the paint.. at least on the hood.. but wet sanded it through.. so waiting on the weather to warm up to lay some more color...
I set the block back in today... as slow as I am.. I might even have the head on by next week.. haha... (I bet it never blows a cylinder wall again.. hahaa..)

I still think you need to sell it has a hot Antique.. and start on a Alky 560.. or something Green.. haha..
Bryan
Old 01-19-2008, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by JDGnut
I havent hear about Jeff's tractor... (but I got his cell number if you want it.. haha..) Yea.. I got a start on the paint.. at least on the hood.. but wet sanded it through.. so waiting on the weather to warm up to lay some more color...
I set the block back in today... as slow as I am.. I might even have the head on by next week.. haha... (I bet it never blows a cylinder wall again.. hahaa..)

I still think you need to sell it has a hot Antique.. and start on a Alky 560.. or something Green.. haha..
Bryan
I figure if I can get a good season out of it I might generate a buyer (shhhh....dont tell my wife). The 1000+ HP 560's are very intriguing. My brother is working on building one now and he does have a spare chassis, sheet metal, and a couple blocks. However, he is hunting a 301 block because the cylinder walls in the 263's are too thin. My problem at this point is time. I would rather trade for a good 560 with a 301 that I could just do an engine for....maybe Ray Whitney.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:25 PM

here are the rules for those who have not seen them yet..All classes 8000 pound maximum unless otherwise noted. See class overviews below:

Work Stock: Stock appearing turbochargers, 1” minimum compression travel on rear suspension, water injection prohibited, hanging weights prohibited.

2.6 Street Diesel: Single turbo, 2.6 inch maximum inducer bore, turbocharger bushings prohibited, 1” minimum compression travel on rear suspension, water injection prohibited, receiver style hitch required, hanging weights permitted.

2.8 Street Diesel: Single turbo, 2.8 inch maximum inducer bore, turbocharger bushings permitted, water injection prohibited, bolt in, removable solid rear suspension bars permitted, receiver style hitch required, drive shaft u-joint shields required, hanging weights permitted.

Super Street Diesel: 3.2-inch maximum inducer bore in twin turbo configuration, unlimited inducer bore single chargers permitted, open driveline permitted, DOT tires required.

Modified Diesel: Unlimited turbocharger, 2 stage maximum, open driveline, open tire, 7600 pound maximum weight.

Changes are to come

we can discuss a heavier work class...
Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM

Buck.. on the Comp D Events it has the weigh classes changed to 8500?? (I like the 8000 in the more Modified classes.. but just an opinion.. )
Old 01-20-2008, 07:35 PM

I really dont understand this open drive line deal!! Someone is gonna get hurt one of these days when one of these trucks chunks a drive line through the floor or u joint pieces into the pullers area or crowd. There should be a minimum requirement of u-joint shields on anything over street stock. The superstock gas trucks require shield and loops and I know there are diesels running alot more power with no saftey equipment at all....
Old 01-20-2008, 07:50 PM

open driveline means no limits on what tranny or drivebox you use...the other classes are limited to oem style trannys..
Old 01-20-2008, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by HT3500
open driveline means no limits on what tranny or drivebox you use...the other classes are limited to oem style trannys..
I see....but it is still a concern I have with all the hot diesels. There was one at Stephenville last year that junked the clutch, and from what I understand it put down 1000HP on a chassis dyno two weeks later. The truck did not appear have drive shaft shields when I saw it(I did not crawl under, but they definately were not cased) Trucks like that are cool, but dangerous to the driver and crowd IMO. Is that the 98 in your sig?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by turbos10
I see....but it is still a concern I have with all the hot diesels. There was one at Stephenville last year that junked the clutch, and from what I understand it put down 1000HP on a chassis dyno two weeks later. The truck did not appear have drive shaft shields when I saw it(I did not crawl under, but they definately were not cased) Trucks like that are cool, but dangerous to the driver and crowd IMO. Is that the 98 in your sig?
Close.. the 98 was just shy of 1000.. haha... That was his 02.. We're working on the shields for our truck.. and looking at air shut off's... At the TATPA meeting there was a big discussion about running blanks on the V8 tractors.. and Modifieds.. I think for a 6 strap Stroud it was in the 325-350 range.. I thought that was pretty cheap.. so that's also the table.. The HP stuff is going to have to wait...
Bryan

Quick Reply: Alvarado TX sled pulls!!