Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Alvarado Texas Pull

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alvarado Texas Pull

Does anyone know under what rules this pull will be going by.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:38 PM

My understanding is this one is going to be a fairly lenient open pull. No classes last I heard...
Old 07-12-2007, 08:01 PM

Yeah, I've heard the same. Pretty much whatever you've got goes. Wont be this way all the time just this one so far.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Chapter President

anyone know what time it all starts?
Old 07-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Chapter President

I just called Bobby which i think is the guy that is running it and he said around 1:00 is when everything will get started. Pulls he is thinking it will start around 2:00 or so. i plan on driving up from Austin in the morning see ya there.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is thier web site.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Banned

So what did everyone think of the DFW truck showdown? I got up there in time to just see the sledpulling, those gasssers were LOUD my ears are still ringing! I was kinda hoping more diesels were going to be pulling but hopefully next year the dyno guy won't do a number on everyone... SO who here is going to DeLeon the second weekend in August? lol
Old 07-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Muddin_dude06
So what did everyone think of the DFW truck showdown? I got up there in time to just see the sledpulling, those gasssers were LOUD my ears are still ringing! I was kinda hoping more diesels were going to be pulling but hopefully next year the dyno guy won't do a number on everyone... SO who here is going to DeLeon the second weekend in August? lol
is it going to be a pull only or a showdown i like the pulling but i would like to get more out of it cause i have a long drive. was going to go to te DFW showdown but had something come up. did i miss much?
Old 07-15-2007, 03:37 PM

It was a good time. Quite a bit of people showed up. Mostly all Cummins trucks. I think more would have showed up if the dyno would have been there but what can you do ya know. I pulled for the first time ever. I was very pleased for how I did, with a completely stock truck and for the first time ever. Now I am hooked and cant wait for the event next month. I will hopefully be able to make it and if they alow me to pull I will do it again. This time in 4LO haha. Hope to see you guys there.

kyle
Old 07-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 07CTD4x4
It was a good time. Quite a bit of people showed up. Mostly all Cummins trucks. I think more would have showed up if the dyno would have been there but what can you do ya know. I pulled for the first time ever. I was very pleased for how I did, with a completely stock truck and for the first time ever. Now I am hooked and cant wait for the event next month. I will hopefully be able to make it and if they alow me to pull I will do it again. This time in 4LO haha. Hope to see you guys there.

kyle
Was yours the white truck that pulled? I wish I would have got to go, but my freakin' HG popped in the middle of the week so I just went to watch. I have to agree, I think a lot of people decided to bail because of the dyno being canceled and the dirt drags being canceled. I think there was what 10 diesel trucks that pulled? that white and black '96 is SWEET almost exactly what I want to do to mine except i want black and chrome 20's and upgrade to a single 7" miter chrome stack Does anyone know his HP/TQ numbers?

I think the DeLeon is a pull only but it is suppose to be BIG, Dan told me he was going to have a booth setup
Old 07-15-2007, 06:07 PM

Event was a lot of fun big thanks to all that helped to put it on. Turnout I thought was pretty good considering the dyno thing... Had to be more than 10 diesels pulling... Were lined up for a long time.. I know some got to pull like 3 times! The gassers and antique tractors were pretty cool as well!
Old 07-15-2007, 06:25 PM

I had a blast and met some cool people while I was there. I didnt wanna leave but it was way to hot out side lol I had to go home and take a shower.
I did get some video of the pulls that i'll probably post up on you tube later.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by onebadgoat
I had a blast and met some cool people while I was there. I didnt wanna leave but it was way to hot out side lol I had to go home and take a shower.
I did get some video of the pulls that i'll probably post up on you tube later.
Got that smarty on order yet?? Time for those stacks to see some smoke!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:07 PM

i liked the pull...haha i think my dad felt out of place with his Dmax there.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Muddin_dude06
Was yours the white truck that pulled? I wish I would have got to go, but my freakin' HG popped in the middle of the week so I just went to watch. I have to agree, I think a lot of people decided to bail because of the dyno being canceled and the dirt drags being canceled. I think there was what 10 diesel trucks that pulled? that white and black '96 is SWEET almost exactly what I want to do to mine except i want black and chrome 20's and upgrade to a single 7" miter chrome stack Does anyone know his HP/TQ numbers?

I think the DeLeon is a pull only but it is suppose to be BIG, Dan told me he was going to have a booth setup
Yeah I was the white 07 with the front bumper replacement and Mud Grapplers. I think I was the second truck to pull if I remember correctly. I pulled right after the guy with the Ford with the cummins conversion.

I hope to make that DeLeon event. Who knows maybe Ill wing another try at the sled if I can fit in the rules and classes. Which white and black 96 were you talking about?

Quick Reply: Alvarado Texas Pull