Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Alvarado Texas Pull

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xOmertAx
i liked the pull...haha i think my dad felt out of place with his Dmax there.

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing a single Chevy Diesel pull in the event. I saw some chevy modified gassers that were pretty wicked. But no Duramax's that I recall. And there was the cool white Ford F450 flatbed with the 93 12 valve Cummins it. His did great! Don't think any powerstrokes pulled either.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:56 AM
DT2
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had an absolute blast!!! My dad has been into diesels for a while and working on them. Most of you would know him as James Northum, he was there and was a sponsor of the event. I had the most fun on Saturday than I've had in a while. Very exciting to see all of pulls and to see all the pro stock tractors and trucks! I know Bobby is planning another event already... so maybe even more will show up this next time! To see some pictures of the event, you can go to his myspace, www.myspace.com/jamestranstech click on view my pics and there you go! I am working on a slide show for him and working on putting a video up of his good friend Bill Ratcliff running his pro stock truck, "Radical Rat".

It was great seeing everyone that came out! Looking forward to the next one!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DT2
Had an absolute blast!!! My dad has been into diesels for a while and working on them. Most of you would know him as James Northum, he was there and was a sponsor of the event. I had the most fun on Saturday than I've had in a while. Very exciting to see all of pulls and to see all the pro stock tractors and trucks! I know Bobby is planning another event already... so maybe even more will show up this next time! To see some pictures of the event, you can go to his myspace, www.myspace.com/jamestranstech click on view my pics and there you go! I am working on a slide show for him and working on putting a video up of his good friend Bill Ratcliff running his pro stock truck, "Radical Rat".

It was great seeing everyone that came out! Looking forward to the next one!
Can't get them to open..............?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:12 PM
DT2
Banned

Originally Posted by crobtex
Can't get them to open..............?

Do you have a myspace? If not, it may not let you view the pictures unless you're logged in. You might also try www.outlawdra.com and click on the "Garage" Link on the left hand side and it will take you to their forums and click on the Picture forum and look for the post by James Trans Tech it will have nearly all the pictures in it. I hope this helps.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing a single Chevy Diesel pull in the event.
no, I dont remember any pulling either. there were those 2 parked in the corner of the arena, but they didnt move.

the De Leon pull should be A LOT bigger than this, usually 30-40 trucks at least, prepare to stay well into the night, I think last year we left at 2:00 because we were so tired
Old 07-16-2007, 09:22 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by WUnderwood
no, I dont remember any pulling either. there were those 2 parked in the corner of the arena, but they didnt move.
I only seen one duramax over there?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:24 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by 07CTD4x4
Which white and black 96 were you talking about?

I think he was talkin of the one with the rhino lining at the bottom with the stacks. Really the only truck i saw actually roll a big cloud of smoke the whole pull.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by BBA
I only seen one duramax over there?
I thought I saw 2, but I could be wrong
Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WUnderwood

the De Leon pull should be A LOT bigger than this, usually 30-40 trucks at least, prepare to stay well into the night, I think last year we left at 2:00 because we were so tired
Did you pull? I know you pulled at DHRA last year, but I don't recall seeing your pull at this event. I wished I had said hi to you in person.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:55 AM

nah, I didnt pull. I just went to watch, mainly.

its tough to know who drives what, we all need nametags, I swear.

I will for sure pull at the DHRA finals this year
Old 07-17-2007, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by BBA
I think he was talkin of the one with the rhino lining at the bottom with the stacks. Really the only truck i saw actually roll a big cloud of smoke the whole pull.
That's Turbodiezel out of San Marcos, Tx. You can also see his truck in Diesel Power mag. during the Buda Dyno Day.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:31 AM

yeah, he DEFINATELY has some fuel!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
And there was the cool white Ford F450 flatbed with the 93 12 valve Cummins it. His did great! Don't think any powerstrokes pulled either.
That big red thang wus a Ford I think,.....but still Powerstrokeless
Old 07-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OneBigDoofus
That big red thang wus a Ford I think,.....but still Powerstrokeless
So you're the guy with cummins powered F450. That truck sure is a head turner. I saw some people talking about your truck over the weekend...they were surprised to see a Ford smoke like that and have the power. I then pointed out the "C" emblem Nice truck man.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
So you're the guy with cummins powered F450. That truck sure is a head turner. I saw some people talking about your truck over the weekend...they were surprised to see a Ford smoke like that and have the power. I then pointed out the "C" emblem Nice truck man.
haha I met some guys before the pull started who kept going on and on about how much they hated dodge. Saw them a little after that white 450 ran and they said "you see that ford with the flat bed it pulled like there was nothing behind it" I told them "yep cause that was a cummins in that truck" hahaha the look on their face was worth a million dollars then hearing them try to think of something to say was even better.

Quick Reply: Alvarado Texas Pull