Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

3rd gen vs 7.3 sled pull

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:21 PM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if this guy is in FL and your in Indiana just ignore him unless you all can really meet up
Old 11-19-2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
If you have to worry about the clutch the powerstroke with an auto will drag you back in a heart beat.
that's true, that's why I would only do it if I had the clutch to hold and we could actually meet up without having to travel hundreds of miles.

Originally Posted by luke h
If 40s were so awesome at sled pulling id better get me some along with a 7.3 and some lockers then i can go through all the mud and think my trucks bad!!!
All BS aside, Bumper to Bumper id put my money on 40s, for one when he pulls he lifts your butt end up and you pull his down giving him more traction unless you have a goose neck and he hooks to his bumper then i think it would be close, on a track with a sled, It woud be a joke to watch him run, you would moke him like a pack of cools. as far as that other guy hes just backing his powerstroke buddies cause he thinks there isnt a better motor in the world.
This is also true, but in order to make it somewhat fair I would require that he matches my hitch height. I am all about making anything as fair as possible aside from power and suspension modifications.

Originally Posted by RJ285
I have a 7.3 and a cummins. There is no comparison. the only reason I still have the 7.3 is because no one wants it.
That's pretty funny!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:55 AM

You would be better off sled pulling against him. Thats where it comes more down to power than traction. Hooking back to back is just traction. Lifted trucks usually break really easy though, and as long as the hitch height is the same, he wont be able to pull you IMO.

Heck, tell him to stop in Ky on his way up. I aint scared of no stroke.

Eric
Old 11-20-2006, 01:40 AM

Ok, I just read that whole thread. That red stroke with 15.5 inches of lift and 39.5's isnt gonna do anything but hop for a second, and then break a u-joint. And I know for a fact there are hardly any pulls in florida, so what does he know about it. Bigger tires are more traction, huh I would hook him, or the black Ford. Wouldnt bother me either way. I have seen a stock 7.3 non turbo'd ford on 36's outpull a chipped lifted stroke(surely with twice the power) with 40's on it. Maybe I can find the vid.... Ok, I found it, but it has some language so ill pm it to ya. You have to post it on the ford site.

Eric
Old 11-20-2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by cumminsdriver635
You would be better off sled pulling against him. Thats where it comes more down to power than traction. Hooking back to back is just traction. Lifted trucks usually break really easy though, and as long as the hitch height is the same, he wont be able to pull you IMO.

Heck, tell him to stop in Ky on his way up. I aint scared of no stroke.

Eric
Well I was talking about sled pulling anyway, not really hooking up. I too have also seen many a small truck outpull a giant truck. It's not always bigger is better lol!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:05 PM

If your worried about your clutch, hook it on a sled if your clutch is weak you'll definately find out. If it is weak neither of you will move sled, so really your not out anything. I think your clutch will hold if you hook'em up, you wont have near the strain if its just your truck and a few weights. But I would make him use a drop hitch. Although I beat a dually, later I did lose to a CCSB powerstroke but he also outweighed me by a couple thousand pounds, cause he had about 20 suitcase wieghts under the taneou cover. I was so impressed he had to CHEAT to win, how worthles is that.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:42 PM

Well he or his faithful stroker buddy hasn't replied on the topic in the thread. So I guess the issue is dead, lol
Old 11-20-2006, 11:15 PM

03qclb5spd,
If you want to see some 3rd gens that can flat out hook drive down south about 50 miles next year for the local pulls.

There are a couple guys around here with the same first name that can really put on a show!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:57 PM

i'm in fl and i aint scared of no power joke when i get a new t-case ill hook up. i got 33'' (weak)
Old 11-21-2006, 08:48 PM

this guy has no business talking smack.Are they even allowing powerstrokes at the pulls anymore?Doesnt he know they always finish last in drag racing ,sled pulling and dyno contests? LOL
Old 11-21-2006, 11:12 PM

Very few PSD's put up respectable numbers. It's always hard for a PSD guy to realize their trucks just can't cut it compared to D-max and Cummins.......well most of them. There are a few that some guys have done right and are putting up some very respectable numbers. Lukecline and house, psychostroker those are some powerful psd's
Old 11-22-2006, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
03qclb5spd,
If you want to see some 3rd gens that can flat out hook drive down south about 50 miles next year for the local pulls.

There are a couple guys around here with the same first name that can really put on a show!

Can I come play again????? or am I banned for being the lone ford putting on the good show
Old 11-22-2006, 03:35 AM

House,
Your always welcome down here!
Old 11-22-2006, 03:41 AM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

Cant wait for summer, im ready
Old 11-22-2006, 10:11 AM
JIT

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
Well the problem is that the guy talking all the smack lives in Florida!
I'll be your Huckleberry! I'm in Tampa and would love to hook up with my old ragged out '01. Its not a CR but its a CTD and I'll even film it for your viewing pleasure!

Quick Reply: 3rd gen vs 7.3 sled pull